“EXCELLENT LOCATION AND VERY COMFORTABLE HOTEL”

Crystal Lodge Hotel
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Brighton, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT LOCATION AND VERY COMFORTABLE HOTEL”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I loved this hotel. I was visiting Whistler to visit my son who is living in Whistler for 2 years. The hotel was extremely central. You walked out of the back door of the hotel straight onto the 'village stroll' which is where all the shops and restaurants are located. I was checked in by the sweetest receptionist Kelsey, who helped make my stay very pleasurable, the other receptionist that I found extremely helpful was Caitlin. I wanted to upgrade my room before I started my holiday and was pleasantly helped by Sunny Johnson, who answered all my questions and upgraded my room with no problem. I had a lovely room, with a balcony, that overlooked the village stroll, it was tastefully decorated with bathroom toiletries replaced daily, there were also robes to use. The beds were extremely comfortable, I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel, where you just sunk into the beds. The hotel had a swimming pool and hot tub, gym, sauna, what more could anybody ask for. I stayed at this hotel for 11 nights and during my time there I came across some very helpful staff, Rory, Connor, Andrew and Timothy all did their very best to help me. I would highly recommend this hotel for its friendliness of staff, tasteful hotel and location, I will definitely be going back there in the future. If I had to have one complaint about the hotel, it was that the air conditioning was quite noisy, otherwise it was perfect.

Room Tip: I was at the back of the hotel which overlooked the main street, so there was a little bit of noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alison T
ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Alison, thank you for your recent 5 start Tripadvisor review of the Crystal Lodge. I am so pleased that our team made such a positive impact on you and your friends and am impressed by how many of them you still remembered after having departed from the hotel. Thank-you!

Warm regards,

Ian Lowe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The crystal was agreat place to stay on our three night stop over in Whistler. Its location made everything accessible, but we were not disturbed when we wanted peace and quiet. The pool was great, just big enough to cool off in which we needed when we were there in July. Overall the hotel was clean, quiet and with sizeable bedrooms. The front of house staff were very helpful when we needed to print off a ferry reservation. We did not use the hotel restaurant facilities as we preferred to explore the range available down the town "Stroll" which was accessed directly from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gordon374
ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Gordon, thank you for your recent review of the Crystal Lodge. We hope that next time Whistler is the focus of your trip rather than just a stop over and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back here at the hotel.

Warm regards,

Squamish, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Loved it! We are a family with 2 kids (6 & 9). En route to the pool, the manager stopped us in the hall and fitted our kids with kid sized bath robes. Nice touch! We loved the pool side raspberry bush, the cleanliness of EVERYTHING, the super friendly service from both the front desk and housekeeping. Whistler has so much to offer, we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Eric, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed their time at the Crystal Lodge. The strawberry bush that you talk of yields some of the largest (and sweetest) around and you are correct that you can often reach a handful from the pool deck. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Banks, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I first stayed at The Crystal in the summer of 2013. We have yet to have a bad experience there, and love the location. Bike vallet is a bonus for us b/c we are there to ride the bike park.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer, thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of the hotel albeit a year after your last experience. We thank you for your ongoing loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just returned home last night after a 3 night stay in Whistler at the very accommodating Crystal Lodge. My wife and I have been to Whistler 8 or more times and stayed various locations and this rates as one of our best experiences. Hotel is super easy to find, in a perfect location, with convenient underground parking at $22 per night, this rate is standard in Whistler and most cities. I always prefer phoning property, we booked only a week before and got a nice rate from a very helpful Todd. The bachelor suite with king bed was huge and from my understanding in a newer remodelled wing of the hotel so you might want to keep that in mind when booking. Mini fridge, coffee and tea, and various kitchen utensils were also nice. Location of the hotel is perfect in my opinion, close to everything, shops, grocery and liquor stores, and restaurants. The pool and hot tub is also a plus not all places have these in Whistler, and was a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle of the village. One nice treat was the pleasant staff, right from booking (Todd), check-in, housekeeping, and maintenance (Alan) who fixed our safe, a really nice experience overall would stay here again in a heartbeat. This probably rates as our best stay in Whistler if you're a golfer you can walk to Whistler Golf Club and driving range, gondola 5 mins away, it's all there, go now!

Room Tip: Ask for newer remodelled wing, some rooms might have village view and sounds quiet side available as...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul, thank you for discovering us after 8 previous trips to Whistler. I am so pleased to read that we were a great match for what you and your wife were looking for and cannot wait to welcome you back again and again.

Kind regards,

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Crystal Lodge was excellent. Rooms were large and clean. Beds very comfortable. Housekeeping staff pleasant. Checkin and checkout at the front desk was awesome. So friendly and helpful. We had to pay for overnight parking, which we didn't mind, we were extremely surprised that we were able to check out and leave the car for a few hours without further charge.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kim, thank you very much for taking the time to review the Crystal Lodge following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you felt we earned a 5 star and that our service team played an important role in this rating. We look forward to having you both return again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights from July 27-30. Check-in was a breeze and self-parking ($22 per night) was conveniently located right under the hotel. Room was clean and met our needs. Included a mini-fridge with ample space. Only thing missing in my opinion is an in-room safe. Location of the hotel is excellent as it is situated in the heart of the village and a short stroll to the lifts, shops, restaurants, grocery store, etc. Rates are more affordable than some of the other big chain hotels in the village yet provides a satisfactory stay on many different levels.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent review of one of our Traditional King rooms here at the Crystal Lodge. All our deluxe rooms offer in-room safes and for those rooms that do not we offer complimentary safety boxes at the front desk for your convenience. We are so pleased that our convenient location added to your overall Whistler experience.

Thank-you,