“that was great”

Crystal Lodge Hotel
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 28 August 2014

very good location, the front dest service was very friendly. And love the mini library, even you can take one home. awesome! kids love the ice fruit water everyday. I will definitly recommand to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Sha, thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent trip to Whistler. I am pleased that you found our library and that you were able to borrow some interesting books for your stay. That you in advance for recommending our hotel to your friends and family members that may be visiting Whistler.

Ian Lowe

Write a ReviewReviews (2,857)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at the Crystal lodge during my visit to Whistler and I must say it is perfectly centered in the middle of Whistler Village and you can throw a rock at the lift chairs. I was satisfied with all aspects of my stay. The room was spacious and clean, the service was great. The staff was nice and helpful. I rate it as excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank James M
ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

James, thank you very much for your recent 5 star review of the Crystal Lodge. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time in the resort.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Crystal Lodge for two nights last week.

We were booked into a standard room but shortly after arriving my husband spotted a water leak in the bathroom.

Within minutes a handy man was inspecting our room and within 10 minutes we were moved to an upgraded suite, as the leak couldn't be fixed. The speed of service and subsequent move was really impressive.

A few hours later I mentioned to the receptionist I had left a bottle of water in the fridge in the old room and asked for it to be moved. When we returned to our new room there were three bottles of water ready for us free of charge and a note apologising as our original bottle had been removed by housekeeping.

If you are visiting Whistler I'd recommend the Crystal Lodge, the service is equal to a 5 star, the location is perfect for all activities and the pool was a welcoming break.

Stayed: August 2014

Nick, thank you very much for taking the time to let myself and future travelers know about the service experience you encountered here at the Crystal Lodge. We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a great spot if you're planning on being out and about in the village as much as you are on the hill. Very central location meaning equally easy access to the lifts, shops, restaurants and bars. Not the best for a romantic getaway or if you have small children as it can be a bit rowdy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

'Elle', thank you for taking the time to review the Crystal Lodge while your and your friends were recently in Whistler. I am delighted that you found our location to be ideal. When returning to the resort with kids or for a romantic get-away please let our reservations agents know as we have rooms and suites perfectly suited for these types of vacations. Our "honeymoon" suite (AKA Luxury King) is the perfect suite for a couple celebrating a special occasion or simply looking to get away for a romantic night or two. Our lofts, 1,2& 3 bedroom suites on the other hand are incredibly popular with families of various sizes. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

With such a central location, it's just so easy to get anywhere. Big thanks for the early check in and room upgrade. You guys are the best, multiplied my enjoyment at Whistler manifold. Will definitely stay here again if I'm back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your recent review and I so pleased to read that your experience at the Crystal Lodge complimented your overall fantastic vacation to Whistler.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. The room was clean and well maintained. It was great having our own kitchen and laundry! Great location.
Tip: we walked to the other end of the village stroll for groceries only to see there was a market right around the corner. The farther grocery store has more selection and better prices though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for sharing your tip to other travelers regarding grocery stores in the area. You are correct that we 'The Grocery Store' next to us in the village which is much smaller than the larger IGA store that is approximately a 8 minute walk from the hotel. Both stores also have liquor stores and pharmacies nearby. We are pleased you and your family had such an enjoyable vacation.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Best location...right near the base of Whistler Mountain, so it literally takes a minute or two to get to the gondola. Service is great and efficient too. The only problem I had was that we were in a loft suite and the bedroom in the loft got too warm for my liking, while the rest of the place downstairs was quite cold. We asked for another fan and it was brought to us really quickly. But next time I will not book a loft room, so if you are like me, who has a problem with heat, book a one bedroom suite instead. Below I said sleep quality was poor only because I was too hot in the loft bedroom. Not everyone has a problem with heat like I do, so sleep quality could be better for others...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the Crystal Lodge. With the warm summer we have experienced this year and comments like yours we will be ensuring that all our loft suites have ceiling fans to better circulate the air conditioned air throughout both floors. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Regards,