“Best Mountain in North America”

Executive Inn At Whistler Village
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond
Reviewed 16 January 2014

What a great place to come and relax and have some fun! This is my third year coming to whistler and I can't imagine a winter without coming here at least once. From the mountain to the village it doesn't get much better than this. Our hotel was located with in walking distance to the lifts. It's honestly one of the closest locations to the lifts. Right in the heart of the village. The hotel was very good. The only drawbacks I would say was the size of the bathroom. The room was small, but cozy with the loft for sleeping. Otherwise we were pleased with it. To be honest we spent little time in the room other than chaging for our next adventure or sleeping. I would recommend it for its location and would consider it as an alternative to stay next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here 2 nights and the room was good. It had a full kitchen which was great to cook breakfast before going skiing. We has a loft room which isn't that big but the design makes it's work. The only concern we had was that the equipment storage room didn't have a secure door. The swipe key option didn't work. This hotel is in a great location right in the village. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Executive Inn has rooms in its main building and two floors at the Mountainside condos just across the road behind it.

Pluses: Good location. The Mountainside is the centre of a 'hub' which the main street of the village curves around so you can access anywhere from the Gondola to the movie-theatre end of the village stroll just by heading off in a slightly different direction. This does avoid some treking from one end to the other of the village.

Minuses:

1. The rooms are a bit old. The ventillation in my studio apartment was bad, and I ended up opening a window. That gets a bit chilly in Whistler in winter.

2.The hot tub at the mountainside is ridiculously small for an entire condo. Basically 8 persons, you will need to be there first or good at making friends.

3.Lifts: One lift which is a tad slow. This is mainly an issue because the ski lockers are in the basement, so in the morning the wait for the lift gets long because everyone has to go down to the lockers and then back up to the lobby. I am generally pro-stair - but not three floors in ski boots.

In generally is OK, but I would not pay a premium for it.

Room Tip: Good location, fairly average property. All Whistler is expensive; this belongs in the mid-range of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Found this quaint hotel on the Whistler site and booked well ahead of our trip...Considering the hotel is close to everything the price was perfect... We were right on the Village stroll, (main pedestrian street in whistler) barely 5 min away from both Blackcomb and Whistler Gondola...We had multiple bars, restaurants and coffee shops 2 min away and something for all tastes...

There is a small kitchenette in the room and a small grocery store not far, so if you want to make food in your room that is easily done.

The fire place was also a nice feature, coming in after a cold wet day of skiing and having a fire was nice.

Room was clean and staff very helpful and were happy to provide us with extra towels when asked. We had some technical difficulties with our room and those were quickly resolved.

It is important to note that because of their location it can get noisy during the night time due to proximity of bars and the fact that the hotel is on the main pedestrian route, so if you do not wish to be in the thick of things this might not be the place for you.

If your looking for a small room close to all the action, that has everything you need, a comfortable bed at a decent price, this is a great choice.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We rented 2 rooms during the US Thanksgiving and had a great time there. One loft ($150 including taxes) took 4 adults and one queen room ($120) for another 2 adults. The loft has one queen bed and one queen sofa bed. All beds were pretty good. The kitchen was small but adequate. We had to open the window to get the cooking smell out.

Several factors for it not getting 4 stars: thin walls, you could hear what others were saying. Check in counter was only one single table with one person working - long queue. Parking was expensive: $21 per day and you could not leave your car in the parking lot after 1pm the next day (the ski hill closed at 3pm). We had to check out at 8am and moved our car to Day Lot 4 before it's full.

Wifi was even more expensive: $5 an hour. We simply used Shaw Go WiFi.

A/C was noisy as well. No indoor swimming pool.

Room Tip: Use either Telus or Shaw free WiFi instead of paying the $5 an hour fee.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great Location in the centre of town, close to everything. Friendly helpful staff, lovely clean fresh rooms, tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfy! Great price too!! Can well recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This place is a Holiday Inn trying to pass itself off as a Hilton, metaphorically. They charge extra for everything, including extremely weak internet service. The carpet needs replacing, the bathroom door looks like it belongs in a trailer, the bathroom vent docent work, the a/c heating unit is noisy and there are stains on the blankets. The front desk reception was curt and I felt more like I was buying something at a convenience store than checking in to a resort hotel. The young girl didn't ask if I needed any advice or help with the area or anything else. The service at this hotel would not inspire me to visit Whistler again.

The internet is the most ridiculous and annoying thing of all. I needed to work while here and had trouble connecting to the internet and was forced to call "tech support", with whom I spent 30 minutes on the phone and still didn't get my problem solved. I got connected, but also have a recurring (every 10 seconds) error popping up while I work. I travel and work from hotels extensively and never have had connection problems. The service is also weak and slow and only two devices are allowed.

The location is good but there are a multitude of other hotels in the village with as good or better location and I'm sure better value and/or service. We're still here and I'm so unhappy I decided to go ahead and write the review. I'll update if service gets better or worse during our continued stay and check-out. But I'd recommend staying elsewhere on your Whistler vacation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple