“The Pinnacle in Whistler”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Pinnacle’s location in Whistler Village is ideal—a 90-second walk from the Village Stroll, where you’ll find shops, bars, restaurants, and access to bike rentals, gondola rides, and everything else that makes Whistler great. I also give high praise to the hotel itself. I loved my room—it was big, had a refrigerator, a nice Jacuzzi, and a patio with a magnificent view of the mountains. And, most importantly (for me anyway), it was quiet—not once at night was I disturbed by noise in the hallway or from another room. Finally, the staff was helpful and pointed me to some good hiking trails.

Travelers should be aware, however, that the Pinnacle is renovating. Now I am very reluctant to knock a place because they’re renovating—sooner or later, everyone has to. My only complaint is that I think the work starts a bit too early. The noise began in earnest at 8:30 a.m., and while that’s not bad for the summer, in the early autumn some people—myself included—probably like to wait until ten or eleven to get going, as it’s chilly in Whistler early on an October morning. Not a big deal, though, I strolled over to one of the many coffee shops within walking distance and hung out for about an hour.

If the renovations are done by the time you read this, then obviously it won’t be an issue. However, even if the work is still going on, it’s good motivation to get out and start enjoying all that Whistler has to offer. So don’t let it frighten you away from the Pinnacle.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room--they might get you away from the renovations if they are still going on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hi Matthew M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Thank you for your patience during our bathroom renovations which are now complete. We are glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay and hope you can visit us in whistler again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Spent a night (Sept 13,13) at this hotel, room was clean and well appointed with a mini-kitchen. There was a hot tub and pool but I found the hours not so convenient. The hotel location is excellent and within easy walking distance of most amenities in the village. The one thing I really didn't like about the hotel was the size of the washroom, it was easily the smallest of any hotels I have ever stayed in, ever!

Aside from that, I would recommend this hotel for someone looking for a decent place to stay who wants to explore the Village for a day or two, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi BigGuyBri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We visited this hotel over the Cornucopia weekend, just for one night. Considering the location (right in the middle of Whistler village) and for the quality of the room, this was a very good hotel. The room was very clean, modern and the in bedroom bath surpassed all expectations. When I heard we paid only $90 for the room I was expecting something very basic, but this place was far from it.

A fully stocked kitchen, a sleek and modern bathroom and a spacious bedroom, with a huge, deep bath to relax in was everything we needed to keep us out of the cold.

Added to that, the service was great, allowing us to check in early and storing our luggage after we had checked out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Andrew K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we were excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay again.

I accepted the fact
that the room was a little bit small and dark.But the bomb shell was when i was about to lie down the bed, i saw a hair on the pillow so then we just took it out but when we tried to check out the blanket, there's like a dozen hair. We asked them to replace it but they said they cant because there's no more extra and no one can wash it because they're renovating.that sounds really dumb for me.so then they just gave us a spare of fleece blanket instead. The next day they cleaned the room they put back again the hairy blanket on the bed so we told to the ladies that cleaning the room that theres hair on the blanket. So instead of taking it they just put it on the corner and told us just leave it there.. Like really?? I wanted to complain but i don't want to ruin my last day staying there..
I was disappointed too that the hot tub and pool is outside and they don't have any sleeper in the room.. So we have to use our boots with our bathrobe on which looks very ridiculous.. It was a very bad first get away of my family this winter.. :(

• Stayed: November 2013
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hi Francineirish,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and have taken it under advisment.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was undergoing renovations during early November 2013, so call to check on the status. We stayed on the renovated top (4th) floor. A really comfortable, clean room: big window facing Blackcomb Mountain, vaulted chalet-style ceiling, gas fireplace, couch, dining table for 3, queen bed, full kitchenette including an actual stove, walk-in shower in the bathroom, and a 2-person jetted tub beside the bed. The latter may sound odd, but it was sublime! The kitchenette was great, as there is an excellent grocery store just a 5 minute walk away. Slept with the window open, very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi 83traveller,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to see you enjoyed our newly renovated bathrooms and look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

If you want a romantic evening and it includes a fireplace dont stay here. Fireplace didn't work, soiled carpets and sofa. Front desk was helpful but couldn't accommodate a room change. Parking spacs cramped. Called ahead to make pool and hot tub were available, they said it was. Guess what upon arrival the pool and hot tub were closed. Stay somewhere else. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello jeanie 27,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments and they are noted.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a great choice if you want to stay in the village. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They were able to offer advice on everything from where to eat dinner and have a drink to where to go for a morning run and do some exploring. The room was clean and had a lovely fireplace and big bathtub. We had a beautiful view of the mountains, too! I would definitely stay here again! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Canada07,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again.