“Good enough”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights (week days), and found a great place to stay. Close to the village and main attractions, comfortable rooms, nice (and well equiped) kitchen, great view. I have not stayed in any other Whistler hotel so I can't say if the cost is worthy compared to others, but I was very happy with the room we got.
Full kitchen was very helpful to prepare quick meals and avoid going out for dinner. It is totally equiped: complete kitchenware, oven, microwave oven, coffee maker, fridge and wash disher.

Room Tip: Choose a jacuzzi room, they are bigger than standard rooms and the additional cost isn't too muc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hi nachotz,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was our first trip to Whistler and we enjoyed it so much. We had gotten our stay at the Pinnacle as a gift and initially was for the Wine & Dine package. As we looked into various activities in Whistler, we decided that we really wanted to visit the Scandinave Spa. I saw on the website that there was a Spa package which included the entrance fee for the Scandinave Spa and called in to see if it was possible to switch our option from the restaurant to the spa. The front desk staff made it a non-issue and did it for us so joyfully. This really started our experience with The Pinnacle really well, even before we got there. The room was fantastic - I loved the fact that we had a private Jacuzzi, in-suite kitchen and a balcony. It was clean, well kept and the staff were great! The location was fantastic as we wanted to walk to as many things as possible.

My husband are planning on coming back in December and we will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms with a Jacuzzi are a plus!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi JJ B,
Thank you so much for your review are we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you return.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

On arrival Paula was extremely friendly and helpful, our room was upgraded, she advised of the renovations and if there was any issues with excess noise she would sort it out for us. Our room had a jacuzzi and fireplace with the kitchenette. The lounge and easy chair made the room very comfortable and quite cozy sitting around the fire. The room faced the mountains towards the village so this was a pleasant scenery in the early morning and late night. Bathroom was exceptional, plenty of vanity space and lovely big shower. Adam was exceptional when helping us with our daily itinerary, he went out of his way making extra enquiries for us with snow gear. He also gave us discount coupons for other activities. There was no bother from both Paula and Adam to assist us with our holiday stay. The close proximity to the village was an added bonus and I would highly recommend this hotel. The restaurant next door Quattro gives diners that are staying at the Pinnacle 15% off. The only negative was that we had a couple of hairs on the linen, but that was all. We didn't say anything about it because we didn't feel it necessary. The bathroom was spotless along with the rest of the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Skwoods64,

Thank you for taking time to review of our hotel we are excited you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We look hope to have you return to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Pinnacle’s location in Whistler Village is ideal—a 90-second walk from the Village Stroll, where you’ll find shops, bars, restaurants, and access to bike rentals, gondola rides, and everything else that makes Whistler great. I also give high praise to the hotel itself. I loved my room—it was big, had a refrigerator, a nice Jacuzzi, and a patio with a magnificent view of the mountains. And, most importantly (for me anyway), it was quiet—not once at night was I disturbed by noise in the hallway or from another room. Finally, the staff was helpful and pointed me to some good hiking trails.

Travelers should be aware, however, that the Pinnacle is renovating. Now I am very reluctant to knock a place because they’re renovating—sooner or later, everyone has to. My only complaint is that I think the work starts a bit too early. The noise began in earnest at 8:30 a.m., and while that’s not bad for the summer, in the early autumn some people—myself included—probably like to wait until ten or eleven to get going, as it’s chilly in Whistler early on an October morning. Not a big deal, though, I strolled over to one of the many coffee shops within walking distance and hung out for about an hour.

If the renovations are done by the time you read this, then obviously it won’t be an issue. However, even if the work is still going on, it’s good motivation to get out and start enjoying all that Whistler has to offer. So don’t let it frighten you away from the Pinnacle.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room--they might get you away from the renovations if they are still going on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hi Matthew M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Thank you for your patience during our bathroom renovations which are now complete. We are glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay and hope you can visit us in whistler again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Spent a night (Sept 13,13) at this hotel, room was clean and well appointed with a mini-kitchen. There was a hot tub and pool but I found the hours not so convenient. The hotel location is excellent and within easy walking distance of most amenities in the village. The one thing I really didn't like about the hotel was the size of the washroom, it was easily the smallest of any hotels I have ever stayed in, ever!

Aside from that, I would recommend this hotel for someone looking for a decent place to stay who wants to explore the Village for a day or two, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi BigGuyBri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We visited this hotel over the Cornucopia weekend, just for one night. Considering the location (right in the middle of Whistler village) and for the quality of the room, this was a very good hotel. The room was very clean, modern and the in bedroom bath surpassed all expectations. When I heard we paid only $90 for the room I was expecting something very basic, but this place was far from it.

A fully stocked kitchen, a sleek and modern bathroom and a spacious bedroom, with a huge, deep bath to relax in was everything we needed to keep us out of the cold.

Added to that, the service was great, allowing us to check in early and storing our luggage after we had checked out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Andrew K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we were excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I accepted the fact
that the room was a little bit small and dark.But the bomb shell was when i was about to lie down the bed, i saw a hair on the pillow so then we just took it out but when we tried to check out the blanket, there's like a dozen hair. We asked them to replace it but they said they cant because there's no more extra and no one can wash it because they're renovating.that sounds really dumb for me.so then they just gave us a spare of fleece blanket instead. The next day they cleaned the room they put back again the hairy blanket on the bed so we told to the ladies that cleaning the room that theres hair on the blanket. So instead of taking it they just put it on the corner and told us just leave it there.. Like really?? I wanted to complain but i don't want to ruin my last day staying there..
I was disappointed too that the hot tub and pool is outside and they don't have any sleeper in the room.. So we have to use our boots with our bathrobe on which looks very ridiculous.. It was a very bad first get away of my family this winter.. :(

• Stayed: November 2013
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hi Francineirish,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and have taken it under advisment.