“Solid choice-good location and amenities”

Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Solid choice-good location and amenities”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I recently stayed at The Pinnacle for week. I might consider other hotels next year (a little closer to gondola although more expensive), but returning is definitely an option. Good value for little (if any) compromise.
Room: I had a basic studio which was quite small, but adequate for a solo traveller. The bed was comfortable and had adequate blankets/pillows. There was a flat screen TV and fireplace (with timer) and wall heater unit; the room temp was fine. The bathroom had a jetted tub which I used everyday (loved it!). A terry cloth bathrobe was provided (which I really appreciated).

Cooking: It had a kitchenette complete with stove/oven and dishwasher and set of plates/glasses/utensils and cookware. A hotpot, coffeemaker, microwave are also provided. However, cooking oil, salt and pepper would have really helped; you must buy these at the nearby markets.

Eating out: the hotel has two restaurants. Alta Bistro- French inspired cuisine, slightly upscale; I had an excellent dinner there. Quatrro is Italian/pasta- I didn't eat there but heard that it's good. The hotel is convenient to everywhere (less than 10min walk)- notable meals at The Royal Taste of India and Elements (inside the Summit Lodge), the Mexican connection (?) and the Mix at Ric's.

Location: The Pinnacle is fairly central to the village, next to the public library. Note: the library is great for a rest day- magazines, movie kiosks, free WiFi, sunny windows. Restaurants, coffeeshops (PureBread, Blendz, StarBucks), markets are very convenient. The gondola/lifts are within walking distance or you can ride the free shuttle. No noise issues as can be a problem closer to the bars by the gondola. Also close are the Olympic Park (with a small rink for skating) and Lost Lake (for crosscountry skiing).

Amenities: free WiFi in the room ( I had no problems), free local phone calls (verify hours/preorder food), free secure storage room for ski gear, gear rental (Affinity sports).

Service: I did not experience any overwhelming service but no negative encounters either. I was welcomed to store my luggage at the beginning and end of my trip. Housekeeping was efficient.

Rest day activities (within walking distance): library (see above), movie theater, shopping, museums/art galleries, pilates/yoga (YAMA studio), spa (e.g. ecochic, summit lodge, or scandinave).

I hope this helps everyone. I'm not sure it will overwhelm you but I thought it was a great value and contributed to the success of my vacation.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with more than one person, don't get the basic studio. It will be too smal...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Lmb2000
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear nurs0149,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

If you do intend on returning, please contact us direclty so that we can ensure you receive the best available rate.

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Pinnacle Hotel was a great choice. The staff was extremely kind and very helpful. They booked our shuttle back to the airport for us with no problems. The outdoor pool and hot tub was a nice perk as well! They are located right in Whistler Village, which was perfect for us because everything from the lifts to shops was walkable. There is an extremely convenient Shuttle Bus Stop right out front, which took us directly to the gondolas each morning, we never waited more than 3 minutes for a shuttle! Great choice for a hotel if you'd like to stay in Whistler Village.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin M
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Erin M,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at the Pinnacle for a 7 day stay and we didn't want to leave. Even before we arrived we knew the service would be good, with prompt responses to my queries, and I was particularly impressed by the extra effort that the hotel went to all the way through our trip, from helping me extend the stay by a night to putting me in touch with companies in Whistler to help me organise food/supplies/ski hire etc before I'd arrived - they even helped me organise a hamper full of goodies to be waiting for my partner in the room when we arrived.

The room was fantastic, a lovely comfy bed, pleasant living area, excellent kitchen, nice shower - but the highlight was definitely the massive jacuzzi next to the bed, luxury after a hard day's skiing.

The room was spotless when we arrived, and the daily room cleaning was as good as I've seen - very impressive.

The staff at reception were always friendly and extremely helpful - they helped us navigate the resort, gave us tips on where to go and what to see and helped book taxis and our transfer to Vancouver at the end of the trip (picked up from outside the hotel).

Room Tip: The double jacuzzi was worth it - luxury!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hi Tom R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that your enjoyed your stay and our staff, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The bed/linens were really comfortable. The staff were helpful. As I was skiing from 9 till 3 on the day I left, they let me keep my car in their lot until 4pm. Heating was just noisy enough to act as white noise, and protect me from the normal noises of Whistler, All in all a lovely stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear PatinVancouver,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Whistler and your stay with us.

Look forward to your return!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

First of all, no negative aspects that I experienced during a short stay, except maybe the slightly high price I paid for the holiday season (same everywhere!). Check-in/out super fast and friendly. Room and bathroom was absolutely spotless. The bathroom had been renovated recently and had a clean, simple design, rest of the room / furniture has a slightly economy feel to it, but is fully equipped and very practical. Room had a full kitchen, full kitchenware set, hairdryer, iron, plenty of towels, etc etc. Simple, fast wireless access. In the village but not exactly close to the lift so bit of a trek unless you can get a shuttle bus (I walked to the lift in shoes and carried them in my rucksack). Overall I really appreciated how clean everything was. Can definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear meatshawarma,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness and features of your room, including our newly renovated bathrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent 10 nights here over Christmas/New Year and it was a home away from home. The room was spacious and very clean, well-appointed and had every convenience to make a long stay comfortable. The rooms were attended to daily and it was lovely to come back from a big day on the slopes and find fresh towels and the bed made. We used the in-room spa tub as well as the outdoor one and the pool. It is a short walk to be in the village and there are some excellent restaurants nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel as an excellent base to explore Whistler.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Beth C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Just steps from the village. It's a reasonably priced hotel with everything you need. I've stayed a few times and the service is great. The rooms are very clean. The rooms all seem to have a kitchen and fireplace which helps if you're on a food budget.
A few quirks are the rooms are tight due to a Jacuzzi tub being beside the bed. All of the rooms I've had have these which are a waste on me. The rooms are warm even without any heat on but it's not an issue if you crack the patio door. The parkade is tight especially if the hotel is busy but I've always been able to manage. Front desk staff have always been great.

• Stayed December 2013
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear LLHH,

Thank you for the great review and i'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and that our staff have been helpful and warm.

Please make sure to contact us directly on any future stay so we can ensure you get the best rate along with any other perk we can offer! ;)