“Awesome stay with my whole family!”

Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
West Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome stay with my whole family!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This cute little hotel is located in the middle of the village stroll. I enjoyed that I was so closely located to both ends of the stroll - the Whistler gondola to one side and Marketplace/playground to the other side. The staff was wonderfully professional, polite and helpful. My children loved having the giant soaker tub in the room too. So much fun. We will definitely be back to this location. We also got a great winter package deal as we booked our stay in early November, so I highly recommend it. And as I was visiting with my family, having a full kitchenette was super helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hi Toottie77,

We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming your family back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was my first trip to Whistler and it was really enjoyable:) The hotel is easy to spot from Main Street and located right next to a museum and the public library. It is really at a very convenient location that is not too near the flurry of activities to be noisy but not too far to be a distance to walk. There are maps of Whistler Village at the front desk and the rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and I would definitely come here again!

• Stayed February 2014
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hi NurulAineB,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The convenience of the room to the ski lift, storage of skis, storage of boots---that was well well worth the price tag of the rooms. The rooms were nothing glamorous, clean comfortable. The staff attentive. We have kids and the spas area was overrun with tons of people in general.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi M P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had high hopes for The Pinnacle based on the postings on TA, but was disappointed. Foremost, my friends and I did not want cleaning staff in the room, for the simple reason that it increases the chance for theft. We left the DND disturb sign on the door, then left for the day, only to realize that the room had been cleaned while we were away. Initially, I decided to let it go, because I didn't want to make a big deal of it... But later that afternoon, I heard a brief knock on our door, followed by some random lady opening up our room door. I was standing in the kitchen in in PJs, staring at her like she was a lackwit. She stated, 'Oh! I just wanted to see if this room had been cleaned!' I replied, 'Actually, the room was cleaned, although we had left the DND disturb sign which would indicate that we did not want the room entered.' She hastily retreated, and that was the last we saw of her. Granted, it would be difficult for cleaning staff to excel when guided by such a mentor. All-in-all, The Pinnacle was a sub-par experience. Firstly, the jacuzzi in the middle of a room with 2 queen-sized beds is foolish. Really, who would be usually a room jacuzzi when there are are two guests sharing a room, but not sharing a bed? It is strange. Anyhow, the most irritating issue was that the toilet would not flush properly (307). I have never had to take the top off a hotel toilet, and fiddle around with the mechanisms inside of it to get it to flush. This was truly unbelievable. I would not return to this hotel; I felt embarrassed to have booked The Pinnacle for a girls weekend away. Also, there's no in-room safe...

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a functional toilet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Lizardo23,

Thank you for your review, your comments have been taken under consideration.
Truckee, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location is great, easy walk to the center if village and marketplace, shuttle to mountain just outside the hotel. Food crumbs were left around the kitchen and an empty shampoo bottle was left from previous guest in shower. Main burner did not work on stove. Outside hot tub did not seem to be cleaned by staff all week. All in all this hotel is a good value but needs a little extra effort to make it better.

• Stayed February 2014
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Lucyluku1,

I'm very sorry to read of your experience. Is there any chance that you can send me some more information so that we can follow up with our staff? I will include my contact information below.

Once again I do apologize.

operations@whistlerpinnacle.com
San Francisco
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I just got back from a 3 night stay in Whistler and loved this hotel. We had lots of snow and I loved the room with the gas fireplace and jacuzzi. The bathrooms were clean and neat and there is a kitchenette.

I rented skis downstairs from Affinity and that was very convenient.

The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Patrick took some time to map out some places to eat and the morning shift man (didn't get his name, sorry), recommended the Wildwood restaurant for breakfast - great place. No one seemed hurried or impatient. They didn't mind chatting a bit and the Olympics were on so there was a lot of excitement.

The hotel is very convenient to the pedestrian walkway, close to the library, even the grocery store is not too far of a walk. There's a nice outdoor fireplace where you can dry off a little before going into the hotel. I walked in my ski boots to the gondola which wasn't bad but quite a way. Take your time and you can shop or look at the people and stores on the way.

I'm sure there may be some fancier places to stay but the price here was very good and I really enjoyed my stay at the Pinnacle!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear cloudseeker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and all of our staff, including myself provided you with great service!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon...

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The title should say it all. But it gets worse. For a place that prides itself on being a "pinnacle" of anything, this place was a total embarrassment. It's abominable to ask guests to lift a door upwards in order to have something as basic as a the ability to lock the door. One of our nights, we asked for shampoo and conditioner... what we got was body wash and two obviously previously partially-used containers of body lotion. What on earth were they thinking, that these were close enough to what we'd asked for? That we wouldn't mind a lack of conditioner if we had some other guest's previously used body lotion? Despite a sign in the kitchen area warning that unwashed dishes would incur a $15 charge, the dishes in the cabinet were definitely not clean.

It felt so much like a bad joke I didn't even bother bringing up more than the broken door and non-functional sliding bolt lock. At least the rooms themselves were pleasant enough and the staff were friendly, but there's clearly a real problem at the management and maintenance levels. This is not what one should expect for 250+/night. Avoid unless there are no other options. And absolutely bring your own toiletries.

Room Tip: If possible, book a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry Y
Dear Jerry Y,

I'm so sorry to read of the issues that you experienced during your stay. This is certainly not the type of experience we want our guests to have.

I can assure you that these matters will be addressed immediately with our housekeeping and maintenance teams.

I would very much like to speak to you if possible in an attempt to rectify this matter. I will include my email below or you can reach me at the hotel by phone.

1-888-999-8986