“Almost 5 stars”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Comfortable, friendly hotel within easy walking distance of Whistler lifts (even in ski boots and carrying skies). Located at the end of Main Street, easy to find from the Sea to Sky highway but close to everything in the village. Good sized double studio at the end of the floor with a wrap around balcony. Very quiet despite staying over Saturday night during reading break. Arrived close to midnight but reception staff were still efficient and informative at check-in. Had an evening flight out of Vancouver the day we checked-out and skied for the day, no problem leaving the car in the parkade until the afternoon and was able to use the showers in the pool change room so we could freshen up after skiing. Only thing preventing me from giving the Pinnacle 5 stars was that the jets in the soaker tub didn't work; the hot tub is outside and not very big. The parkade is very tight, watch out for the pillars if you have a large vehicle.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the corridors away from the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hi Al500,

Thank you for your review, We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and post checkout service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is our sixth visit to the Pinnacle Hotel and we will going back next year. It is a small comfortable hotel, with friendly, helpful staff. The newly renovated bathroom was a welcome improvement. It is conveniently located - just a short walk into the middle of the village - but is in a quiet area. We liked having the kitchen so that we could have breakfast in our room and hit the slopes early; however, there are a number of places for breakfast that are very close.Do not be put off by the star rating - the hotel is much better than this. (I think that it is a three star because there is no bar in the hotel - not a problem because of its proximity to the Village Stroll).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulieOrpington

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We enjoy our valued repeat guest's stay and very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This cute little hotel is located in the middle of the village stroll. I enjoyed that I was so closely located to both ends of the stroll - the Whistler gondola to one side and Marketplace/playground to the other side. The staff was wonderfully professional, polite and helpful. My children loved having the giant soaker tub in the room too. So much fun. We will definitely be back to this location. We also got a great winter package deal as we booked our stay in early November, so I highly recommend it. And as I was visiting with my family, having a full kitchenette was super helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi Toottie77,

We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming your family back.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was my first trip to Whistler and it was really enjoyable:) The hotel is easy to spot from Main Street and located right next to a museum and the public library. It is really at a very convenient location that is not too near the flurry of activities to be noisy but not too far to be a distance to walk. There are maps of Whistler Village at the front desk and the rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and I would definitely come here again!

• Stayed: February 2014
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi NurulAineB,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The convenience of the room to the ski lift, storage of skis, storage of boots---that was well well worth the price tag of the rooms. The rooms were nothing glamorous, clean comfortable. The staff attentive. We have kids and the spas area was overrun with tons of people in general.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi M P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had high hopes for The Pinnacle based on the postings on TA, but was disappointed. Foremost, my friends and I did not want cleaning staff in the room, for the simple reason that it increases the chance for theft. We left the DND disturb sign on the door, then left for the day, only to realize that the room had been cleaned while we were away. Initially, I decided to let it go, because I didn't want to make a big deal of it... But later that afternoon, I heard a brief knock on our door, followed by some random lady opening up our room door. I was standing in the kitchen in in PJs, staring at her like she was a lackwit. She stated, 'Oh! I just wanted to see if this room had been cleaned!' I replied, 'Actually, the room was cleaned, although we had left the DND disturb sign which would indicate that we did not want the room entered.' She hastily retreated, and that was the last we saw of her. Granted, it would be difficult for cleaning staff to excel when guided by such a mentor. All-in-all, The Pinnacle was a sub-par experience. Firstly, the jacuzzi in the middle of a room with 2 queen-sized beds is foolish. Really, who would be usually a room jacuzzi when there are are two guests sharing a room, but not sharing a bed? It is strange. Anyhow, the most irritating issue was that the toilet would not flush properly (307). I have never had to take the top off a hotel toilet, and fiddle around with the mechanisms inside of it to get it to flush. This was truly unbelievable. I would not return to this hotel; I felt embarrassed to have booked The Pinnacle for a girls weekend away. Also, there's no in-room safe...

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a functional toilet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Lizardo23,

Thank you for your review, your comments have been taken under consideration.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location is great, easy walk to the center if village and marketplace, shuttle to mountain just outside the hotel. Food crumbs were left around the kitchen and an empty shampoo bottle was left from previous guest in shower. Main burner did not work on stove. Outside hot tub did not seem to be cleaned by staff all week. All in all this hotel is a good value but needs a little extra effort to make it better.

• Stayed: February 2014
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Lucyluku1,

I'm very sorry to read of your experience. Is there any chance that you can send me some more information so that we can follow up with our staff? I will include my contact information below.

Once again I do apologize.

Patrick Renny