“Comfortable clean room, great price”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently went for a weekend stay in Whistler with my girlfriend and stayed in the basic room here. At ~$100 a night, we got a kitchen (stove, full sized fridge, microwave, toaster, teapot, coffee maker, and dish washer), an in-room hot tub, a deck, a TV, and Wi-fi. Everything was really clean with a nice sized bed and couch. It was also only a block away from the village making it really easy to walk around and find a place to eat.

A few little things that could be fixed but didn't take away from the experience: AC unit was a bit weak and parking was a touch pricey at roughly $20 a night with all taxes included.

Room Tip: Apparently, cheaper parking can be found right across from the hotel. Also, 15% discount at the hote...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freddy_J90
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello Freddy_J90,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Deluxe studio suite has everything you need whether for a night or a week. Kitchenette well equipped with everything you'd need to look after yourselves for a while; microwave, oven, stove, all eating & cooking utensils and tableware (set of four of everything), fireplace, balcony.
Room was very clean. Large shower in the bathroom but also a large jacuzzi tub outside of the bathroom between the bed and the wall. Rather odd.
Bed okay but I personally find the thick pillow-top mattresses too soft. That's only a personal preference. It is the popular mattress add-on these days. I would have liked a choice of a blanket for the bed as the bedspread was extremely heavy which made it too hot. The sheet by itself too cool and we didn't want the air conditioning on. The room was already warm with the heat turned off so we had to open the balcony door.
Very quiet inside; never heard anyone in the hallway or next door. Occasional outside party-goers leaving their drinking locales after midnight, but it was a long weekend so totally fair and expected.
Great location, as are most hotels in the Whistler/Blackcomb Village. Two good restaurants in the hotel, both for dinner.
Very friendly and helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walkabout55
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Walkabout55,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Only booked one night in Whistler, but wanted to stay a second, unfortunately our original hotel was full so we had to move to The Pinnacle. We weren't disappointed at all. The room was as described, very comfortable and with plenty of room to relax. Little bit disappointed with the 'fitness centre' as it was much smaller and limited on equipment. Otherwise it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi GAR4898,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, We glad to help you enjoy your second night.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

When we arrived the room was not as described by Bookings.com. Once we showed the manager what we thought we had booked we were given a free upgrade to a very nice room with a lounge area. Our daughter works in Whistler so we wanted a lounge area to be able to spend time with her over a gin and tonic.
There is a very simple and reasonably priced laundry.
The hotel car park is expensive ($18 a night) so here is my tip:- The car park outside the hotel entrance (underground) charge $10 a night and if this is full then there is one close by (conversion center) which charges the same. In the winter there are a few free spaces on parking 'day lot 4' alongside the Blackcomb Road
Otherwise a very nice clean hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swifty-senior
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hi Swifty-senior,

We are so glad you enjoyed your upgraded room and visit with your daughter, we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked a room on a busy spring break weekend. When we got there they upgraded us to a suit with two balcony a small kitchen and a jacuzzi tub! Close to grocery stores, liquor store, and the main village path. I went in with the thought that it wasn't going to be the most glamorous hotel I've stayed at in Whistler, however I was very impressed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kaileyjean
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Kaileyjean,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to you returning.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is well situated close to the stroll of downtown Whistler Village. Easy to find with the first turn into town, parking is abundant, and very welcoming by the Manager Sonia. She provided a wonderful and friendly welcome, and good directions to all we needed.

The room was very well appointed, renovated bathroom, full kitchen, a jet tub in the main part of the room, with a vaulted ceiling and large balcony overlooking the hotel pool, and Blackcomb mountain.

All we needed was provided with fast internet, multiple tv channels, and a fully stocked kitchen.

As we kept our ski equipment in our vehicle, the bonus was that the entry to the parkade was right beside the #4 Bus stop, which is a free shuttle to the base of the lifts!! That made it very easy to connect to and from the hotel in about 6 minutes!

Very attentive service, super welcome, and well situated, this is a Prime Property to book into for your next stay at this amazing ski resort!

Room Tip: The forth floor has vaulted ceilings!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked accommodations for 4 people, 2 rooms with 2 queens, 3 weeks before the planned trip. When I hadn't received a confirmation email I called again the week before. They said my name wasn't even in the system and told me they have no rooms for me and try calling back during the day. When I called back the following day and explained the situation they said they were able to book me 2 rooms.

Upon arrival we checked in and walked into our single bed rooms. When I went back down to the front desk they basically told me that's too bad because that's all we have and would not refund my money due to their cancelation policy. After a little back and forth and convincing the clerk to call the manager they did refund my money and we had to stay in some dump down the highway.

One month later I have missed calls and voicemails from this hotel asking why I didn't check it. Turned out it looks like they booked me in for the wrong month. Now I have $1300 worth of charges on my credit card that they have not chose to remove. Now I will be contacting Visa as well as better business due to the fact I now have to pay interest because of their poor business.

I strongly advise anyone traveling to check out whistler as it is a beautiful place just find somewhere else for accomidations.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Scott R

Hello Scott R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Scott it would be great to talk or email with you regarding this situation. Please donot hesitate to contact me at admin@whistlerpinnacle.com