“Just Right”

Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and i stayed here for 2 nights Monday July 22, had a nice time. Great location, close to all you need. Parking is tight for larger vehicles but is not a problem. Staff are friendly and helpful, including the maids and cleaners. Lobby has free regular and special coffees, hot chocolate and ice cold water. It's all very good.They offer free bicycles and Wi-Fi to use as well. These are nice little extras that make the hotel just that much better. The area is quiet and we stayed on south side,3rd floor Deluxe King room over looking pool and hot tub, very nice, peaceful sleep.The room had a nice decent equipped little kitchenette with good coffee. This was our first time and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Pool is good but small area. If you find it crowded you can walk up to Lost Lake, 20 min's, or...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thanks for the review!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope to welcome you back soon!

Tony

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed 3 nightsin June with my small dog. I had an excellent nightly rate with Travel Zoo promotion which include free parking and spa credit . So my room rate was basically 50% off /night. I had a lovely view of pool and trees from the second floor, a huge bed,and well-stocked kitchenette. My little fridge didnt seem to be cold, and was promptly replaced with another which worked great. Summit Lodge is very clean,and comfortable. It is away from a lot of noise, but in Whistler everything is within walking distance. Being my first time to Whistler, I could not seem to figure out the layout and many times needed help finding my way back to the hotel. Its a great place to walk the dog. The village is very clean and well maintained. Its beautifully landscaped and the mountains around Whistler are soo beautiful. The end of June was cloudy/drizzly but that didnt put a damper on things. When the sun came out, wow! The mountains! The Sea to Sky highway is an easy,safe drive with gorgeous scenery. I bought food from the IGA thats near the lodge and cooked for myself, but treated myself to ice-cream at Cows and a delicious ginger scone at a wonderful bakery in Olympic Square. Loved the coffee machine in the front lobby. I would go back there again if I could get another deal, couldnt afford full price anywhere in Whistler. It adds up with ferry from the island etc but was worth it. Felt very safe at the Lodge and in Whistler. End of June was a good time for me to go..not super busy with throngs of people.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank janetw154945

Thank you for the great review!

I am so happy that you loved the hotel and enjoyed Whistler! Please get in touch with us if you ever want to return to the Summit Lodge. We love return guests!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent two nights here recently and loved it. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very spacious. We stayed in room 415 which has two balconies both with incredible views of the mountains. The hotel is in a quiet area of Village North yet only steps from great restaurants and bars.

They have free bike rentals along with helmets and locks. Excellent if you want to enjoy a day on the all the trails in Whistler. First come first serve basis so get in early if you can.

The pool and hot tub are nice and relaxing with lots of afternoon sun as well.

All in all this is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 415 has two balconies facing different directions offering views of all the mountains. Big cor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review!

Im glad that you liked your room and took advantage of our complimentary bike rentals to explore Whistler!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I (and dog) stay for a couple of nights. It was a nice hotel. Right across the street from the central square. It was quiet and the room was good. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to be. The available underground parking was awful. We own a Highlander and had to squeeze into a parking stall that was only big enough for a Mini at best. I would have given the place five stars if the parking was better. Would stay there again. Make sure you choose the early check in option. It will save you money on the parking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for the review!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are trying to improve our parking situation. If you do decide to stay again please ask for our over height parking.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

They weren't rude (in fact, pleasant enough), just minimalistic in their approach. I was asked if this was the first time I had stayed in this hotel (it was, and I added that it was my first time in Whistler in 15 years) but I didn't get any description of the amenities offered here or in the immediate surrounding area. In almost any other situation, regardless of hotel star rating, I get a rundown of what's what (I've stayed in Banff at many different hotels and have had this provided for me each time). Didn't get that here, just given our keys and a, "Hope you enjoy your stay." It wasn't like it was a crowded check in where they were rushed to deal with other customers. Just didn't seem that they wanted my return business (we were only there for the evening) and just couldn't be bothered to go that little bit extra to make an impression. Too bad, because it was a well kept building (good job by friendly cleaning crew!). I think I'll try another hotel next time and compare.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cookiecutterclone

We appreciate all kinds of feedback. However we do not train our staff to have a set check in speech. We encourage that they get to know the guest and find out why the guest is here and make suggestions or recommendations where appropriate. I am very sorry if this spoiled your stay and I will be speaking to the front office staff to see how we can improve.

I hope that you do return soon,

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a great couple of days at the Summit to celebrate our anniversary. Close to the Olympic Park so we could enjoy the music from our patio. Took advantage of the FREE bike rentals and Mark was a big help showing us the trails around Whistler. Will definitely go back. Yes Mark, everyone is 21 in Whistler! Everyone was so friendly. Loved it! Oh, cant forget I had a great massage at the spa while my husband had a snooze. i could go on and on!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that you return soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Soft bed and deep sleep in a quiet, contemporary room. Bathroom is small for 2 to get ready in but kitchenette is larger than usual. Very helpful staff. Whistler is walkable from the hotel.
Two cautions: you pay extra for parking - $20. Also we had car trouble on the way up to Whistler & called to cancel but Summit Lodge would not authorize it, said it was too late. We rented a car and made it but were initially very unhappy that they could not understand our predicament and help out.