“Awesome stay!”

Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

The room was perfect. Had it's own coffee machine and was immaculately cleaned daily. Only about an 8-10 min walk to the lifts. The coffee machine in the lobby is one of the best I've ever seen. Supermarket across the road. Dog friendly hotel. Didn't hear any but saw a few around. The hot tub was great in the afternoons. There was a woman serving baileys with the coffees one afternoon as well. Had my board detuned/waxed/minor repair all done for $60. The guys know they're stuff as well. Picked up an imperfection in the board that the shopkeeper who sold it to me somehow managed to not mention. Go figure....would definitely stay here again. Wifi was sketchy at times but free so not complaining. Watched the Winter Olympics on the cable tv most evenings before bed...whistler rocks.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thanks for the great review! Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of our apres ski Baileys! I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have leased spaces in many properties for private functions in the past... I recently threw a meet & greet at the Summit Lodge on February 1st. The hotel handled everything smoothly and efficiently.

I booked the hotel’s Sterling Room for my event. I used email to coordinate with the staff regarding pricing, schedule, needs, and payment. I received quick – detailed responses. It was a breeze!

Aside from the photos of the event spaces on the hotel’s website, the staff permitted me to peek in on the space while it was not being used a few days before my event. This favor helped me make last minute changes to the layout.

Upon arriving to setup for the event, the staff pointed me to service carts I could use to unload supplies and introduced me to a “handyman” who would be able to help with tables, ice, lighting, and other supplies.

The Sterling Room worked perfect for my event. With the help of the hotel staff combined with my prior planning I was able to set up a small cocktail bar, music station, and create an inviting loungey environment for all of my guests to enjoy. I had roughly 75 guests and the space could easily fit more – reception style.

The Sterling Room is in the perfect location. The Summit Lodge is found in the heart of Whistler Village just off the famed Village Stroll walking path. Restrooms are found just outside the doors to the Sterling Room. A handy restaurant is located adjacent to the Sterling Room for any last minute needs. The room itself comes with multiple table setup options, numerous lighting controls with dimming switches, and other amenities.

Cleaning up was easy! The staff provided me with large trash bags, service carts, and other items. They warmly noted that housekeeping staff would remove all of the rubbish for me... all I had to do was to get everything bagged, packaged, etc.

I have worked with other properties in Whistler Village on this annual meet & greet in the past and have never received such inviting treatment! The Summit Lodge and its staff truly impressed me with their flexibility, great communication, and overwhelming support.

If you are planning a function in the Village, consider the Sterling Room and contact the friendly staff at the Summit Lodge!

Special thanks to Emma and Emily along with all of the Summit Lodge staff.

Room Tip: Used the Sterling Room for a private event. Space worked perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I'm so happy that your event ran smoothly. I hope that you stay with us again in the near future.
Thanks for the awesome review!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I go to Whistler every year. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The market place area was very enjoyable. The location is amazing!

The shuttle service was very efficient. We did not have to wait much to be picked up at the hotel or at the gondola. This was our major hesitation but it was quite a service. No hassle!
The ski valet was very convenient.

The room was very comfortable and clean. We had a kitchenette with all the basics. We fixed breakfast before going to the slopes. Romey and Eric were fantastic with the cleaning service.

The front desk were very nice and willing to answer all our questions. The ski shop guys and the FD recommended great restaurants. We loved Sachi sushi, Pasta Lupino, Crepe Montage, Elements Tapas, Splitz, Alta bistro and the Green Moustache (juices).

I also found a great yoga studio next door. Yama yoga was great to stretch after skiing. I liked Thomas classes. Buy the 5X pass if you are staying for a week.
In conclusion, we will be back to this hotel.
The location and the service was amazing!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Summit Lodge. I read all the reviews that come through, and I enjoy reading what people did during their stay. I also have been to the Green Moustache, (did you try the Hook smoothie??) it's new to Whistler and a great addition to the restaurants around us.

Again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hospitality was superb. The front desk people, housekeeping, transport folks, lobby apres-ski hosts, ect. were a joy to be around. The staff really likes one another which creates a comfortable and unique ambiance experienced by hotel guests. My room had recently be redecorated and was a delight to the mind and eye. It was also nice to see constant maintenance being performed on the property. The location is close to good dining, liquor and grocery shopping. The hotel shuttles guests to and from the the ski lift areas every 10 minutes or so. Mark the shuttle driver was always entertaining and provided helpful tips for everything from dining to ski boot fitters. I have been skiing Whistler for over 15 years...and I found the Summit to be superior to better known (and pricier) properties I have used on past visits.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the great review! We all love working here, and its good that our enthusiasm made your stay even more enjoyable!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

2nd Visit there after we first visited in 2008. We weren't disapointed and the hotel was as lovely as we remembered. Beautiful room with well stocked kitchenette, with the supermarket around the corner, although there are certainly lots of lovely places to eat out at on the doorstep. Staff were always lovely and helpful and the hot chocolate hand out with marshmallows and sprinkles in the foyer when you got back from a day on the slopes was a lovely touch. Shuttle drivers Mark and Darcy were the best! Always full of helpful tips and local knowledge and sharp eyes for spotting their charges making the way off the slopes. Don't be put off by the hotel being in the village proper and not near the ski lifts, these guys really did make it feel like ski in, ski out. Tried out a massage at the spa, was an ideal birthday treat. Sauna and hot tub are free!

Stuf'd little sock monster on the bed was super cute and was a must have keepsake, Hubert has now been formally adopted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review and for giving Hubert a new home! I am sure he loves his new life!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and my Girlfriend needed a relaxing break, and a friend suggested The Summit in Whistler. Everything about the stay was excellent, from the baileys coffee greeting from the enthusiastic and helpful Courtney, to the extremely helpful and accommodating manager Peter. Big thanks also to Zaldy, Rose and Darren, who also went out of their way to make the visit special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I hope that your stay was more than relaxing! Come stay with us again if you are in need of some chill out time!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great place to stay. Lovely comfortable rooms and great location right in the heart of the city with easy access to food and transport. Staff were terrific with great response times :) Love to stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review. I hope to welcome you again soon!