“Loved the fish!”

Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Loved the fish!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Loved everything about this place! The staff are great and the rooms are very nice. We loved having Arnold (the fish) stay with us in our room what a nice touch. The lads in the bike room were very knowledgeable and the free bike rentals are wonderful for getting around town. James the night guy was so helpful assisting our friends with a hotel room on a busy night and helped us find food late at night. Great service and great hotel!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our fish were able to keep you company. I'm sure they are looking forward to your return. Thanks for the great review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Summit for 2 nights from Aug 2-4. We were 2 families traveling together and asked for adjacent rooms months in advance and even the week before the travel and were assured of request being met. However at check in we could only get 2 rooms on the same floor and they were quite far apart. The front desk staff said that they made no such promises.

At checkout time we asked for a late check out for both rooms and were granted for only one till Noon which was fine. We were in the room till 12:40 pm (room was open and we were putting bags in the trolley) and then waiting a long time for elevator and to fit the trolley in the elevator.

On check out to our surprise we were told that there is a late fee of $31 which we were never advised when we asked for late check out. Despite having witnesses (other family members) who heard no mention of this charge the front desk staff when requesting the late check out, the staff at Summit was unrelenting and stared to argue. They initially said that charge is fully processed and the system does not allow a credit at this point which was a LIE. Then they started doing halfsies and gave a 50% discount on late charge but would not budge on full discount. I have no problem on paying the charge had I been advised but this was unfair and rude.

I hope they make full use of the late check out charge !!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank VedF
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear VedF

We are sorry that you felt we where being unfair and rude regarding your late check out, this was not our intention. In situations where we are at full occupancy, we have policies we need to abide by in order to be fair for all our guests.

It is important to us that all our guests are looked after, and as much as we can we, and endeavor to meet all requests, but cannot guarantee it as it logistically not always feasible at full occupancy as any reasonable person can understand.

We have allotted number of rooms each day for late check outs, we then assign them on a first come first serve bases. We apologize that on this instance, we were not able to accommodate your request.

Understanding that not everyone can have a late check out, we are most amiable to extend their underground parking with us until 4pm and store bags, both without charge. As well, all guests are welcome to use the pool area, lobby and common areas of the hotel as long as they like.

Tony
Whistler, British Columbia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent and the helpfulness of the staff was great. The room had everything that I needed. The room had all amenities and I loved the room clean and decoration was good taste. Had a balcony with a view and great air condiitoning. Slept well. No noise at night.

Room Tip: I had everything that I needed in the room and it was excellent cleaniness.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Thank you for the review. Great to hear that you had a peaceful stay. Hopefully you can stay with us again soon.
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, convenient to the Village Stroll but one street behind it so it's quieter. Stunning views of the mountain from our room's cozy balcony. Kitchenette was handy. Hated the in shower soap, it smells like Axe. Would I stay here again? Maybe, for a long weekend, but a roomier condo might be more comfy for longer stays.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have 1 bedroom suites which are more spacious and ideal for longer stays. Call our front desk directly for the best rates.

Have a great day.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed the weekend in a one bedroom back in June. It was my husband and I, along with our two boys age 3 and 1. We loved having a kitchen to make our own meals and I thoroughly enjoyed the soaker tub in the bathroom! My husband and I slept on the king sized bed (SOOO comfortable) and our oldest boy slept on the pull out in the living room. Housekeeping had set up a pack n play for our 1 year old which was greatly appreciated.

They have a fantastic outdoor space with a heated pool, hot tub, BBQs, patio sets and basketball net.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They were able to recommend the best places to grab a coffee and directions on where things were and how to get there. The hotel is located in the perfect location! In the village, but just behind the main hub, so it was nice and quiet at night.

The only issue we ran into during our stay was the parking lot. It was near impossible to get our minivan into one of the stalls and I know others who had the same issue. I understand parking is limited in the village, but we nearly left the lot to find parking elsewhere which would have been a real hassle.

Room Tip: Get a one bedroom suite. Lots of space for lounging!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolynLeanne
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the beginning of July with my family, including two young kids and a small feisty pooch. I like to try out new hotels in Whistler each time I visit (mostly in summer, but sometimes in winter). We love the world class hospitality that Whistler/Blackcomb brings and the Summit Lodge staff are experienced, attentive, and make you feel at home while staying at the hotel. We liked that once we entered, we saw a chalk board with our dog's name written on it. That's a nice welcome and makes your pooch feel welcome. Also, if that wasn't enough, you may also come across a resident hotel dog as well as the resident Rent-A-Fish (two of them). It doesn't cost anything to actually borrow the fish, but it's great for the kids to admire a betta fish in a modern cube like tank - just be sure to make sure that an adult carries the tank - the water does slosh around when you're trying to carefully carry it up to your room. The hotel itself is just off the end of the main village walk, and it's just a walk across the street to get to the main walk. There's a lot of amenities near by, including coffee shops, IGA marketplace (so you can prepare your own food in the unit), and other fast food convenient stores. Being very hot in summer, it was a must that the hotel have a pool. The pool area at SummitLodge has a typical hot tub and a reasonably sized pool, given the size of the boutique hotel. Every Thursday, they have a pool party (from what I read), so there's lots of seating and lounge chairs to just sit around the pool. The look of the hotel has this strong red/black colour scheme through the lobby and hallways. This gives it a certain classiness and the rooms themselves are fairly modern looking. I had done some research prior to booking so, if you shop around you can get a deal on the hotel stay. The room we had was an Executive Suite, great for parents with two kids. It faced the inner courtyard, so it's relatively quiet at night, though in the daytime, prepare to hear the boisterous sound of kids playing in the swimming pool below. The unit itself is well appointed, has a very well equipped kitchen with enough utensils, plates, things to cook with. There's also a Keurig coffee machine, something coffee lovers will rejoice at as well as mini bar assortment of stuff that's reasonably priced in case you get the late night munchies. The beds are comfortable, and even come with body pillows for extra support/comfort - that's something I haven't seen in a lot of hotels. There's a small balcony with enough space to sit two. The bathroom has lights that I suppose are energy efficient, so they need a bit of time to warm up and brighten. Also, be aware that there's no safe inside the suite, you need to use the safe boxes located behind the front desk. Apart from those small issues, when you first get in to your unit, on the bed, is a Stuf'd sock monster, the ones you see in the pictures on the gallery. They each come with a tag with their unique name on it as well as who made them. You can adopt one for just $25, and there's a Facebook page you can post your sock monster selfies. This local crafter is one of the reasons I also came, being a crafter of felt stuffed owls (www.pikuhibu.com), I was just tickled pink to find a hotel that supports the local crafts, so I was open to adopting a sock monster, that we named Bucky by the time we left. Lastly, if you've come to Whistler with a bit of a budget, you can always park your car in one of the public lots for $8.50/day and just walk back to the hotel to save yourself from paying $20/day. I set up an app, "PayByPhone" on my smartphone so I could pay through the app, and you don't need to display a ticket on the dash, you are just registering your number plate over the app and it makes sure you are paid for a certain parking lot. A text message is even sent to remind you when your parking is about to expire. So it's the small things that I think make this trip memorable, and the staff were so helpful and friendly, that it was almost a personable experience, compared to a big hotel. I'd like to come again in the future and try a different suite out. We didn't get a chance to try any of the restaurants, but perhaps for next time.

I think families with kids and dogs will find Summit Lodge to offer them a great experience at a reasonable cost, leaving extra for entertainment and fun in Whistler.

Thanks for the wonderful experience! Thanks Emilie for your wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the noise of the kids in the pool during the daytime, better to choose...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aimee C
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated all the smaller perks of the hotel like the sock monster and keurig coffee makers. I hope that you return soon and I will look forward to welcoming you!
Costa Rica
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Passing through Whistler on a motor cycle tour in June, booked this hotel and got a great rate!
Every bit a 4 star hotel with friendly service and good rooms, not sure what the high season rate is but if you are there out of season I would recommend to check them out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheYachtChef
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for the review! Hopefully you can return again soon! To get the best rate contact our sales team directly and they can get you the best rate.

Regards