“labor day weekend in Whistler”
Review of Glacier Lodge

Glacier Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

IT was one the worst stays I have had! for 200 dollars a night it was small old and musty.
When I opened the door I fell into the room a 6inch drop and the door hit the bed, when I complained to the staff they had a look of knowing and said nothing was available.A complete rip off. Will never stay with them agin. Save your money and stay somewhere other than here.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank c h
abbotsford
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our family of 5 stayed in suite 309 (ID#1450) through Allura Direct. Very modern and up to date condo within a 10 min walk to Whistler Village. The only thing missing in the kitchen were oven mitts, which I needed. The condo was big enough for all of us and suited our family perfectly. If we are ever in Whistler again I would stay here. An additional 2 units are available through the same owner.
ID#2073 and 1570. Worth the look!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Excellent property. Well maintained and close to everything. My only complaint was the TV was hard to turn on and also the lack of amenities in the bathroom. Otherwise, I enjoyed the privacy and location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here for the last weekend Blackcomb was open for the 2012/2013 ski season. The price was really good as was the location. I don't think I would stay here for an extended period of time unless I got a 1 bedroom room because the studio bed was a pullout couch which was less than ideal to sleep on. The overall hotel was really nice and the staff was extremely friendly. For the price this place cannot be beat but I would recommend spending the additional money for a proper bed instead of a pullout couch. Also, they do not have daily maid service which isn't an issue for short stays but keep that in mind if you are going to stay here for more than a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and RESORT QUEST WHISTLER is by far the WORST management team I have ever experienced.

They wanted me to stay in a room with only a pull out couch. Are they completely re tard ed????

Then, I try calling and calling the front desk. I get nothing. Then finally, I get someone at a different building who knows nothing of my accommodation. All I wanted to know was a good place to eat and they couldn't even name two. I could tell the person had zero knowledge of the surrounding businesses.

Is there an interview process or are they just hiring anyone off the street? I paid good money to stay here.

I spoke to the GM, Val, I think was her name. Completely undermined my concerns and basically told me where to go. The employee next to her seemed as shocked as embarrassed as I was.

I would never stay here ever again. I'm going to make sure that my friends and family stay away from anything by RQW. You have to be careful because they run three buildings and many units throughout town.

RESORT QUEST = BAD! VERY BAD!!!

Anywhere else is better.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joseph V
RQWManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, on behalf of Resort Quest Whistler I am very sad to hear that your experience was not to your satisfaction and I truly hope that we can assist in making sure that you are compensated in some way. Please allow us to try and rectify your very unhappy stay.
Please contact me directly at esanderson@resortquestwhistler immediately to be able to offer you some kind of compensation.
At Resort Quest Whistler we only employ the best staff and ensure that we weed out any staff that do not fit our high leval of customer service.
I am saddened and shocked to be honest that Valerie our General Manager would treat you like that, I know from personal experience that Valerie has implemented many amazing tools in order to achieve our highest of customer service for all staff from front desk to night audit and would truly like to get to the bottom of this.
So as I have previously stated please contact me directly to ensue that not only do we get to the bottom of this, that you are properly compensated.
Warmest regards
Emma Fukushima.

Travellers are raving about these Whistler hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Nice place. Nice modern clean room. Comfortable king size bed. Free WiFi. Free coffee. Fraction of the price of the Chateau Whistler - parking is much much cheaper also. Maybe a 20 yard walk to the Chateau. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business