“Amenties on paper, but with many caveats. I would not recommend this one.”
Review of Glacier Lodge

Glacier Lodge
Milpitas, California
“Amenties on paper, but with many caveats. I would not recommend this one.”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

So I was booked through a travel agent through whistler resorts. This is my third time in Whistler and every time I"ve been here its been nice, and I've paid around 110 or so per night (package deal)for the last few times, so since this was similarly priced I figured it would be okay and didn't ask to many questions. Basically I asked them "is there parking? yes" "is there internet? yes free. Is there ski storage? Yes. Pool and spa? Yes.

My buddy gets there and is told by the lady there is a 10 pm "curfew" meaning keep quiet after ten. IT turns out that this hotel is actually very old. They did stuff to upgrade the facade and look of the hotel, so if you see pictures you see ultra modern sinks and nice floors and countertops that look like granite. Looks nice, but unfortunately you can hear your neighbor. I"d like to congratulate the people in the suite next door for being able to get it on for nearly 2 hours every night. And I can tell you what the guy in the suite on the otherside is watching on tv. Also the beds are very old and quite soft and lumpy, at least in this room. According to the lady, at the front desk the rooms have separate owners. (I don't know if this is true or not).

Parking. It turns out the parking is there, but it costs 16 dollars a day extra. IF you don't wish to park there you can park in lot 6 which is at the whistler side and is free (very far).

AS for the internet, yes they have it, however it is unsecured and so many people are using it that as i write this review I can barely get anything done because it is very slow. My room does not have a t1 line.

Additionally, there are no mini fridges in any of the rooms that are "hotel themed" as per the lady at the front desk.

Each room has a dvd (or at least ours does) however there is no dvd rental store. (they have a few dvds downstairs at the front desk).

I think I would pass on this one in the future. There are four nice hotels next to it, but I would stay on the WHistler side instead of the Blackcomb side (this is my first time on the Blackcomb side) because there is a ton more stuff at their village to do as well.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Whason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Stayed here for ten nights in January. We booked the condo privately and would recommend the one we stayed in, very quiet and in a great spot. I suspect some rooms could be quite noisy depending where they are located, but we did not have this problem.
We found the location outstanding as it was a five minute walk to the Blackcomb lifts and a ten minute walk or a bus ride to Whistler Village. Highly recommend, would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tweedd
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We stayed here for 9 nights during Christmas & New Year. We booked early and had the offer of every 3rd night free. Nice! The room had a good size, very well equipped kitchen area, comfy and big fold-up bed (which we first failed to spot when we entered the room - camouflaged as a closet) and a gas fireplace. Just a very short walk to the Wizard Express lift. We stayed on first floor. Very quiet, friendly and helpful staff, ski&snowboard rent at the hotel as well as a bar and a little "restaurant" in the same building - accessed from inside the lodge. Perfect for two adult snowboard addicts ;-) The free shuttle bus service to Whistler Village stopped just outside our hotel, and the quiet and peaceful walkway through the forest, along the Fitzsimmons Creek to the Village was also just across the road from the hotel. We had a very memorable stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Upon first arriving at the hotel, I was impressed. But the more I looked around the room the more flaws I found. The carpet was tearing for one thing. On our first night at the hotel we realized there was no blanket for the very uncomfortable pull out bed. When I went down and asked for one they told me there was one in the room but after insisting there was no extra blanket they finally gave me a very thin one. The next day we asked for another one and never received it. There were 4 of us staying in the room but only 4 towels for 4 days. Not once did the maid service come for anything while we were there. Also at 7 20 am our first morning someone pounded on our door for about twenty minutes and tried to use a key to get into our room which was an inconvenience and quite terrifying. The hotel later explained it could have been someone with the wrong room and that they would do a key audit and get back to us but they never did. The kitchen also did not have a bottle opener. Upon leaving the hotel we realized we had forgotten our greyhound tickets on the nightstand in the hotel and called them to inform them. When we went back to the hotel to get them they said they were no where to be found, and since we hadn't been anywhere when we left the hotel and never found them in our bags when we got home it seems that the maid had taken them and we didn't simply lose them. The rooms were also not very quiet. We were able to hear the people on both sides of us and even across from us.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank kaaaaate
mclink, Owner at Glacier Lodge, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
You must rent privatly at the Glacier lodge, then you will find a big differnce. Upgardet suite, Flat Screen Tv"s, Painting,new Kitchen, all in all great value for your money.If you find a problem it will be dealt with immediatly.Many repeat guests.Feel free to contact us at 1056paul@telus.net

Travellers are raving about these Whistler hotels

Solon, OH
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The room was adequate and had everything we needed. The location was great. Very short walk to the lifts and with the Peak 2 Peak lift it is now very easy to get from Blackcomb to Whistler. Easy to walk to Whistler Village, we never used our car while we were there. There are several good restaurants nearby if you don't want to go into the village. Nice little general store nearby if you need snacks and drinks.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LindaKOH
Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I made last minute reservations on the Whistler Blackcomb website for a 4-star room and was not given the name of the accommodations until after we paid. The room was clean and updated, but there was a musty smell and the walls are thin. There was not much in way of service and the location is a bit far from the main village area. I would recommend this place as a basic, no frills place to sleep. I would not call it 4-star.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2010

So here we are at Glacier Lodge. Last night as we were preparing for bed, a large mouse appeared on the table in the corner of the room. my husband approached it and turned the light on. This thing had no fear and did not even interrupt its exploration of the table. Eventually it squeezed under the front door into the hallway. I have been in hotels around the world; nice and not-so-nice, but have never seen a mouse. This was a first.

Today we wanted to enjoy the pool which is the size of a postage stamp. Guests can only get towels by asking for them at the front desk. By 2pm this afternoon, they had run out of towels. Rooms are tiny and definitely need a refresh of the decor. There is little to no air circulation in the hallways or rooms even with windows open. Well, that would be "window" singular in this room. Also, we can hear everything our neighbours do; eating, TV, etc.

On the positive side, king-sized bed is comfy. Location is in a quiet back corner of the whistler area, near the fairmont. Farmer's market just behind the hotel today in Blackcomb village was a nice surprise. Overall not worth the $150/night we're spending.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple