“A mixed bag”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
hobart
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms were comfortable, with good beds and thoroughly clean. Unfortunately it was noisy, even in the off season. The staff at front desk were efficient and helpful. But the real let-down was breakfast. We were part of a tour group and although it was the off season, the hotel offered to do breakfasts on two mornings for us. What a shambles. The room seemed like a bar, with bar stools and not enough chairs for people to sit on. We ate breakfast perched on stools or on our laps. The food was disappointing, and they seemed to run out of items on each day. The cutlery was not clean. Such a shock given that the rest of the hotel looked so presentable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My stay here was pleasant enough. No Issues with my room at all. I had breakfast here on both of my days which was good. I didn't have dinner because the menu was 5 courses long, too many for me, and they wouldn't let me split them. I didn't find the Ice Bar until my last morning which was a pity because it looked really good. I had dinner at a restaurant called 21 (Bison) a good experience. Not too much difference to Beer but a "must do". My other dinner was at the Spaghetti Factory just outside the hotel. The only downside was that I could not cash or use my American Express travellers cheques in the hotel or the restaurants. I don't know what the problem is but make sure you don't buy any.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Doug A, Manager at The Listel Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello ericBournemouth,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry we didn't direct you to the vodka room earlier, as it is quite the unique experience, with opportunities for great photos to be taken.

I apologize that we were not able to cash your US traveller's cheque. I will speak to my team to see how we can better accommodate in the future. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Super friendly Aussie & Brit staff on the reception desk...great advice about what to do and see. Rooms nice enough for the price but $18 to park was a bit rich ! Breakfast provided was reasonably good

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank aussiewendylou
Burnaby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I could not book room through hotel website. I reserved through 3rd party booking site. I did not have any option at all although there was no restrictions when I booked. Well the only restriction listed was non refundable. I got a GF room, only few feet away from front desk, street side. It was very noisy thus unpleasant stay. Is this because the booking was from 3rd party and price was cheap (though not really cheaper compare to the price from official hotel website)?

Besides from above, nothing was special about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Doug A, Manager at The Listel Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear HerO1232014,

Thank you for your posting. As mentioned in my email to you yesterday, your booking was made for one of our last remaining rooms for that particular evening, and the placement of your room was in no way related to the means that you had booked the room. I understand that you had requested a room on the 3rd floor, but this was not possible as all those rooms were already occupied at time of booking.

As always, we will do our very best to accomodate any future requests you may have, and look forward to you staying with us again.

Best Regards,
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A comfortable hotel with ample room space and facilities. A good price too and an adequate breakfast.
I was taken aback, however, at being charged 18 dollars per night to park in the hotel car park. It is true that this was mentioned in the on-line advert, but in small letters.
A good position and near to the centre, so overall good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Found the hotel on Whistler.com when looking for a last minute place to stay in the village. Great price and location for me to stay three nights. Staff was very accommodating and helped with all my questions. Ski storage a major plus! The internet worked ok, but had to log in and out a few times a day. This is common with a lot of hotels if the Wifi router is not on your floor. I will stay here again when in Whistler. Good price and close to Whistler Gondola, Hyatt, and Barefoot Bar is awesome.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Check in was 5 mins and straightforward. No complaints about customer service throughout the stay.

1. Room was fairly clean, but bathroom has some mould in places.
2. Breakfast was nice, had much better choice than other more expensive hotels.
3. Free wifi provided and was reliable and fast enough to stream some material.
4. Room fan provided good cooling during the hot and sticky nights.
5. Good location, walking distance from the village stroll, 5 mins from excalbur gondolas.

I'm happy with our stay at the Listel hotel. Got what I paid for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple