“Great Locaton”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Retired Traveler
“Great Locaton”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The best thing about the Listel is it's location in the middle of Whistler Village. Everything else is very good also. It has underground parking and a very nice restaurant. The rooms are average, but very clean and up to date with free wifi. Good value in Whistler. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Stayed at the Listel overnight & the guy on reception was first class, nothing was too much trouble for him & he went out of his way to offer tips & information to enhance our stay. Would recommend this hotel without a doubt. Keep up the good work !!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Clydebank
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Listel. Bedroom very spacious and clean. Friendly, helpful staff at reception and lovely breakfast in the dining room (bit too expensive for dinner). Pool area quite small and especially so, as some seats were reserved for a function.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very nice front desk clerk who gave me lots of information and coupons for things to do. The room had two nice queen sized beds although one was a little too soft. It also had the usual ammenities: fridge, coffee maker and safe but it also had a kettle which was nice. The shower had a built in dispenser with shampoo, conditioner and soap which is a nice environmenal choice instead of the mini bottles. In the lobby there were two computers and a printer for guest use free of charge and there is complimentary wireless as well.
The hotel is not located directly on the Stroll but to get there you just need to cross the street and go up a small flight of stairs. It is also less than a 5 minute walk to the skier's plaza.
The only negative would be the parkade. They have limited single spaces so you might have to park in a double spot. When you check in, they remind you that if you have to park behind someone to make sure you leave your key at reception in case they have to move the car but if someone doesn't comply, you would have to wait until their car is towed.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I checked into the Listel, with high expectations, thought it was a great price for something close to the village. Upon check in, one of the agents came out and said "o s*it" right in front of me, while apologizing and laughing at the same time, she then proceeded to answer the phone during my check in and I stood there for about 7 minutes with no one talking to me. At the time of check in, I explain I needed to pay my deposit on a debit card, but someone with a credit card would be faxing the required paper work through and we could charge the card before check out. I proceeded up to my room. The light in the corner flickered all night long, the fridge leaked onto the carpet. I had asked for a late check out of 1230pm, and was told this wouldn’t be a problem. Well the phone rang at 930 am, from the same agent I had spoke to at check in, explaining to me that she had not received a form of payment and the fax for the credit card had not come through. I explained to her, that I had left a 213 dollar cash deposit, and wasn’t that a guarantee. She said o you did? I said I have the receipt printed in my room. I also explained that I had asked for a late check out of 1230 and didn’t appreciate being woken up. I also explained that when I checked in, I was told that as long as the credit card authorization form was in by the time I checked out we could use it. She then was rude and abrupt and told me she was giving me a courtesy call. When I ask for a late check out so I can sleep in I don’t expect someone to give me a courtesy call. I then got dressed took my receipt downstairs. Where I was confronted by the agent, who proceeded to yell at me and tell me to calm down. I said that she had woke me up, after I had asked for a late check out, not only did she mock me saying “O, I'm so sorry I woke up at 930 when check out is at 10." again I explained I had a late check out. She proceeded to yell. When all along I really just needed her to recognize she made a mistake. And in fact there was a record of my money on my file. But she continued to yell. I asked to speak with her manager, she came out, and as I was trying to explain the story to her, the agent proceeded to yell at me from behind her. In the end I was offered a 10% discount. That was almost insulting. I said I don’t want that I just would like some more time to stay in the room. She agreed to let me stay till 230.
I would like to express how unbelievably appalled I am that something like this would occur in a hotel. I will definatly not be Recommending this hotel to anyone i know.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Travel_bug154990
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2010

This was my first business trip to Whistler and I choose the Listel for it's central location and the fact that it was not on the main road, yet central enough to walk to my appointments.

My request for an early check in was not an issue and the room rate was the best buy in Whistler at the time.

The room was very clean and functional, beds and bedding were comfortable and in excellent condition, made for a good nights sleep!

The staff were terrific, friendly and courteous, they offered to help with my luggage, assisted with directions and restaurants. They were always eager to help.

I would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
kuala lumpur
Reviewed 14 April 2010

You can't really fault this hotel in terms of its location, centrally located in the Village and within 3 minutes walk to the Ski lifts/gondolas. You can't really expect much from a 3 star hotel (with 4 star and above prices - its expensive at Whistler), room was reasonably sized (twin beds which are queen sized). Basic and certainly not luxurious. If you are expecting a nice view from the room overlooking the mountains or the village, you can just ........ FORGET ABOUT IT. My room was on the ground floor and it overlooks the road/drop off area. If you are thinking of a romantic evening in the room with your partner, you better draw your curtains :-( cos you are not only getting an awful view, you'll not get any privacy at all!

In terms of cleanliness - its acceptable, furnishing was a bit drab but decently maintained. Checking in was ok. Service was ok (didn't really make any requests out of the ordinary - nothing extraordinary or even exciting happened). In short, its a hotel without a "wow" factor and certainly not memorable - basically, a no frills hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo