1,283 results
All reviews queen loft great location whistler village hot tub bit dated would stay again sofa bed central location small balcony outdoor pool full kitchen keg kitchenette powder sauna stove utensils
Reviewed 9 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Had a Queen loft room with a murphy bed in the living area on the 3rd floor. Would have been cramped for 4 adults but was great for us (self and adult son). Decor, furniture and fixtures were a little dated and the stairs up to the loft area were steep. Overall though it was a comfortable and functional room. We booked via the hotel website and got a reasonable (CAA) rate compared to other properties in the same location. Parking is expensive but that's consistent with other Whistler hotels. Stayed on a busy weekend but noise from other guests. Location is fantastic, steps away from the Whistler lifts and near a couple of independent coffee shops (Moguls) for breakfast and good pubs/restaurants for dinner. Has the Keg and a bar attached.The hot tub is pretty small for a hotel of this size but good and hot for aching limbs after a day's skiing. Staff were friendly and helpful, although the girl at check-out was on her own and overworked. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
WhistlerVillageInn, General Manager at Whistler Village Inn + Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thanks for taking a moment out of your busy day to write about the hotel and thank you for confirming that we have one of the best locations in Whistler Village. We are continually striving to update the hotel and improve our guests overall experience and comfort at the best price possible. That is why we have recently installed a new state of the art WIFI system in the hotel. This is complementary to all our valued guests. We have two hot tubs one is very large indoor hot tub and the other is smaller outdoor tub which has a capacity of ten people. When you reserve your stay with us again please mention that you are a repeat guest to ensure you receive the repeat guest discount.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

The trip my wife and I took to Whistler was great. Great skiing, great food and the Village Stroll was awesome. Some fun shops and things to do. We also booked a trip with Coast Range Heli-skiing which we would both highly reccomend.

When it came to the hotel however there is little to say about it that was good. It was very close to the gondola which was the overall reason I chose the hotel and it had free ski lockers, from there it went downhill. There was no wifi at all in the hotel, not a big deal but I was a bit surprised. We stayed in a queen loft thinking we would have ample room for 2 people and ski gear. It was tight, you can manage but it's not ideal. Thermostat didn't work for the heat so we go a noisy space heater to keep in our room. Throughout the entire hotel aside from the lobby the carpets are grungy, walls are dirty, random wires hanging out of the ceiling that look like phone lines. I know ski hotels are tough to keep clean but I've been to a few and have seen it done before so it isn't impossible. The mattress I would guess they paid around $50 at a used store, you could feel every spring and it was far from being remotely comfortable. I got up and slept on the floor better then I did in the bed.

If you want a cheap place to stay near the slopes this would be it. Whistler was great, the hotel we stayed at was the only drawback. If we decide to go back I'll be spending the extra money for someplace just as close but nicer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Thank you for taking the time to report on your stay with us. As you mentioned in your review we do provide free ski lockers. Not only do we provide this service free we also provide WIFI and have done so for many years. Recently we upgrade our WIFI system to a new state of the art system. That work was being done when you were a guest at this hotel. That is the reason why you noticed wires hanging from the ceiling in the corridor during your stay. There was no interruption of WIFI service during the upgrade. All our queen loft rooms are 480sq ft which is much larger than the average hotel room when compared to any hotel in Whistler. I have checked our maintenance log book and there was no report of heat not working in any room in January. Could you please contact us and let us know which room you stayed in so we can investigate. All our regular beds are queen size with very comfortable mattresses. If you stayed in one our few rooms that only had a Murphy bed I agree that they were not the most comfortable beds available at this hotel. That is why we also recently replaced all of those mattresses with new Queen Size Star Suite Deluxe Mattresses. These are very high quality and extremely comfortable mattress. We pride ourselves on our high level of housekeeping and maintenance and sincerely want all our guests to enjoy their stay with us. Please contact me should you return to Whistler and I will insure that your stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

we came here feb 3 2013 for a couple nights. the staff is great and friendly and great location. Now the bad - are room is large which is great but there is a sky light let light in i like it to be dark for morning and nap time when i sleep. Because its a cheaper hotel dont expect modern but the worst part is its so noisey loud when doors close and young people have lots of parties here thank god my 1 year old can sleep through it. I wont be staying here again i pay for a room to get rest at night and i have gotten none. the beds are not comfertable and small my husband and i slept on different beds. The outdoor pool isnt warm and the hut tub was to hot and tiny towels

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy E
Reviewed 2 February 2013

A good spot to stay, well situated in the Village. Front desk staff are friendly. Clean, spacious room. I will be back! A good option when you want convenience, not luxury. I have recommended this location to my friends.

Room Tip: some rooms have murhy beds - quite comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business