“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
South Colby
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel has a great location in Whistler Village, and is a great value for the money for a summer vacation. It is close to shops and restaurants, all within walking distance along the pleasant pedestrian only areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The price I paid I would stay again and would recommend the Whistler Village Inn and suites to friends and family... I like the location of the hotel in the village but I wish the area where you lock your bikes up was more secure so that I would feel safe with my bike in there being I have an expensive bike that is worth more than my car......thx

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recommend this hotel to all my friends the weekend we come up in July, and decided it's time to finally write a review...

I have stayed at this hotel a half-dozen times now, once every July for the past 6 years. It is a tremendous value, very centrally located (very near the lifts, right near Starbucks which is surprisingly important, and walking distance to all of downtown). The kitchens are adequately equipped, great for saving a little money when traveling with friends or a family; bbqs on the pool deck are a nice touch too. The rooms are spacious enough (particularly some of the larger lofts) to accommodate a larger group or to entertain a few extra people for the evening. And the parking garage actually fits SUVs, something that is very frustrating with a few other hotels I've stayed at in Whistler (many don't, so one vehicle takes up two spots and they run out of spaces).

The staff have always been friendly and helpful, other guests have always been very friendly on the pool & hottub deck, and most importantly to me, it feels like really good value and allows for a full weekend in Whistler without breaking the bank.

Finally, I always feel like the true test of service isn't how the normal stuff is handled but rather how issues are dealt with, and the once or twice I've had an issue the staff have been very helpful and management is great.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rob D
Kelseyville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My low rating has to do with the front desk personel. Not all 3 that I worked with, just one. The day we checked in we had booked thru bookings.com. The paperwork had not came thru. By 4:00, they checked us in going over what they the charges would be (room rate, parking, taxes and $100 that would come off at end of stay). yet the day we checked out, the woman at the front desk insisted we had to be charged again for parking. I explained the charges that were explained to me and that I agreed to. Yet she would not listen. The clerk that had checked me in was standing there and would not say anything. I think he didn't want to go against her in fear of losing his job. She would not listen. She was very unprofessional and even though it was an okay place to stay, unless she is gone, never again. She ripped us off and would not listen.

Room Tip: Rooms are crowded with too much furniture. They are also stuffy. We used the ceiling fan. Couldn'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M

Travellers are raving about these Whistler hotels

Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Although the location was great, I would choose another place if I ever return to Whister. Maybe if I were in my 20's or 30's it would be more appealing. There is plenty of space, full kitchen etc. We were there in the summer and had a loft room. It was so hot up there I couldn't sleep. We had the AC on high. The bedding seemed suspect, I'm accustomed to double sheets as that seems to be the new norm in the hotel industry. Lastly, we were not told that free parking was available. We were directed to park in a lot attached to another hotel which was confusing. This place is reasonably priced though.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Santaquin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place was awesome! It was pretty close to a lot of activities where you can walk and had a lot of hikes it wasn't terribly expensive!!!
The workers were very friendly and helpful the pool was awesome

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Leah K
Harvey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed one night with our 2 kids (10 & 14) and it was a great location! The parking garage was very convienient and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family