“Okay”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Nice hotel and good service. Not clean enough for a four and a half star hotel. Dirty tub and mirror in the washroom. Went to use a fork and it still had food on it from the previous guest. Went to use the common washroom in the lobby after I checked out and had to open 5 doors to see dirty toilets before I decided to use the sixth stall.
Overal, the staff is great but it needs to be cleaner for the price they charge.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Elnaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Clean hotel, very friendly staff. In room hot tubs are excellent after a day of muddy hiking and I think it would be nice to stay in this place in the winter as well. Parking is expensive, but it is necessary to have a car if you want to get out of the village to some of the other hiking areas. We really enjoyed our stay here, and the location is very central. There are excellent restaurants all around, and while you wont find any "deals" in Whistler you will find some great values.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

If you're spending some time in Whistler during the ski season, I recommend staying at this hotel. It's perfectly located within Whistler Village right next to the main lifts.
The arrival process is very easy with a large area in front to park your car while you check-in and then get all your ski gear out. Valets were all very friendly and retrieved my car with minimal wait time.
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful -- way above what I would expect for a hotel as busy as this.
I stayed in a standard King room. It was well appointed, clean and comfortable. My only regret was that I hadn't spent just a little more money and booked myself into a room on a higher floor with a view of the mountains. Instead, my room was on the bottom floor and only had a minimal view of the ski lift.
Room service was delivered by a very engaging waiter and the quality of the food was high. However, I was so starved after the first full day of skiing that anything would have tasted like it came from heaven.
Common areas were nicely designed, large, and well maintained. It is a very large hotel complex, yet it was designed so that it seemed intimate.
I am not a spa person and never use spa facilities at any hotel I stay at, and therefore, I can't tell you anything about the spa at this hotel. The only down side to it being a big spa resort was that you had people walking throughout the hotel in just robes and flip-flops amongst people decked out in ski gear -- it just felt a bit odd and inappropriate. Also, since I never use spa facilities, I found the high price of this hotel annoying since it is based upon it being a spa resort. Therefore, I'm not sure if I would spend that kind of money again for a hotel that is charging more for a service I'd never use.
There is convenient easy access covered connection to the Village which saves you the hassle of walking all around the hotel to get to the Village.
All-in-all very pleasant, with no problems. Recommend it more to those who prefer a spa experience and less so to those hard-core skiers may not care for all the extras this hotel has to offer. If you aren't a spa person, then you may be paying more for something you will never use. That said, with its easy access to the mountain, I do find it a great location for skiers.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get a room with view.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear Uponarrival,

Thank you for taking time to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to hear that our Bell, Front Desk and Room Service teams made such an impact on your visit. I know they were excited to receive your feedback.

I hope you’ll have the opportunity to visit our resort this summer and see all the wonderful experiences we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tom Lefkovits
Director of Operations
Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

The bad: We were only there one night, as part of a Canadian Rockies tour.
The good: Very comfortable, airy room with all the right amenities. We were first to dinner at the hotel -- we thought of wandering around the village, but even post-skiing, the crowds were thick and, amazingly, some restaurants were not handicap accessible (way too many steps. What do they do with skiiers on crutches?).
Our gain was the Hilton's food and wonderful server -- Levi, who was charming and helpful in our meal selections. The beef was succulent and arrived as ordered. The meal pacing was spot on.
We are non-skiiers, but will look for another opportunity to visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Unfortunetely I stayed for just one evening. The hotel was quiet, or it seemed quiet, no doubt it had been much busier during the season.
The room I stayed in was huge and had a wonderful view of the slopes and also had a kitchenette complete with refridgerator, microwave etc.
The staff were fantastic and the breakfast in the morning was outstanding.
I really wish I had longer in Whistler and at this hotel, maybe one day I'll get back.
Hilton are a Preferred partner with the Company I represent and this property keeps up the high standards you would expect.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
mt emu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, in large part due to the very friendly and incredibly helpful staff. The room was pleasant good size large very comfy bed. Food both breakfast and dinner were good. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Whistler and wonder if all Hilton staff are so pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mtemu
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Mtemu,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is truly rewarding to read your feedback knowing our team made such an impact on your visit.

I will proudly share your thoughts with our colleagues as I know they take great pride in connecting with each guest so they leave with wonderful memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tom Lefkovits
Director of Operations
Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa
Indio, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Very friendly staff. Great room with kitchen and fireplace. We did get an upgrade through their waitlist program. Definitely would stay here again. BTW, the drive from Vancouver to Whistler is awesome.

Room Tip: Use the upgrade if available program.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business