We stayed 4 nights and 5 days at the Hilton Resort and Spa in Whistler, BC recently and had a very pleasant stay in a nice room with plenty of space and a remarkably comfortable bed. The firmness of the bed was of critical concern because of recent back strain. The hotel had offered to place a back board in the room if I found I needed more support upon arrival, but the bed was perfect, and we both rested quite comfortably all week. I later learned there is a website for the Hilton bedding at Hilton to Home:
http://www.hiltontohome.com/ We may purchase the mattress topper for our bed at home!
Hotel staff were accommodating and attentive. Bell Services had our vehicle parked in front and ready for us whenever we advised we were planning to leave, and the concierge was knowledgeable about a day trip we wanted to make, giving us good advice. Our stay was quiet and pleasant, housekeeping was available but non-intrusive, and room service attempted to resolve a problem we expressed with the meal from the restaurant. The food just did not meet our standards for a fine dining establishment, lacking significantly in flavor. Unfortunately, even the manager's effort to resolve our complaint by sending up a different dish left us less than happy with the food preparation/meal so we chose to never eat at the hotel restaurant again during our stay. There are many other choices for good food in Whistler so there was no problem locating delicious food, however the inconvenience of having to dress and go out for breakfast was more than mildly disappointing. Each room has a kitchenette, but we particularly enjoy breakfast delivered via room service when we travel and had no intentions of preparing food during our stay. This was our only true complaint and would be the only reason we would not return to this hotel when visiting Whistler again. The pool was under renovation so we had no experience there. We were told about this prior to booking our stay.
The lobby seating area is quite small, 4 chairs arranged around a fireplace with a nice coffee table in the center.The seats of the chairs are very deep, however, so that I was unable to sit with my back resting against the chair back for support unless i wanted my legs to stretch straight out in front of me like a child's might. The depth of the chair seat would have prevented my knees from being able to bend if I sat fully back so I chose to sit up toward the front of the chair with no support for my back! I am 5 feet 3 inches tall; this sort of chair depth was a bit absurd. I have never encountered that kind of issue in any other establishment.
The bar is a busy gathering place where we hoped to get a nightcap but were unable to find seating due to crowd size. (Probably a good sign!) Local laws prohibit alcohol leaving the bar area itself, so we could not order a drink and sit in the lobby to drink it. That left the only option of standing inside the bar if we wanted to be served. We chose to forego having cocktails.
The bathroom was small but adequate. A 2nd sink is located in the entrance area to the bathroom where the unenclosed closet is. The room was clean, but it appeared the room had been recently painted and paint splattered onto the drapery sheers at the balcony door entrance. I thought it was blood, but my husband felt sure it was simply a splatter of paint. The only other cleanliness issue was spots/smudges of some kind on the glass of the framed art in the bathroom.
For food and beverage purposes we will try to locate a different hotel when we return to Whistler, but I must say this is a fine hotel with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on while traveling.The excellent customer service by all was greatly appreciated. I would have given this hotel a higher rating if we had found the food tasty and had not been inconvenienced by having to leave for a good breakfast elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCING WHISTLER STARTS WITH HILTON Relax and unwind at the luxurious, award winning Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Whistler Village, host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympics Games. Named by Condé Nast as the 10th top resort hotel in Canada, the hotel is steps away from the chairlifts of the legendary Whistler & Blackcomb Mountains, and offers an array of world class restaurants, stylish boutiques, and buzzing nightlife at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Whistler Resort And Spa
- Hilton Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Hilton Hotel Whistler
- Whistler Hilton