“Whistler Hilton - the BEST!!”

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tacoma, United States
“Whistler Hilton - the BEST!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been going to Whistler for 10 years - found the Hilton three years ago - would never go anywhere else. A half/block to the ski l lift and to the shopping village as well - Simply can't beat that! Quiet, and family friendly as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank David L
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear David L,

It’s so nice to hear from regular Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa visitors like yourself. Thank you for taking time to provide a TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us.

As long time Whistler travelers, I know you can appreciate the value of a good resort location. I’m glad to hear how the service we provide helps make for an enjoyable family visit.

We look forward to continuing the streak and seeing you for a 4th consecutive year.

Warm regards,

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great weekend with my friends coming over for drinks and food. We all went to the hot tub for some champagne. No problem to bring guests to the room and spa area. Had a great night out, clubs just outside the door. They gave us a late check out the next morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Malin O
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hilton is a very nice hotel. However the house keeping is not very good they left everything scatted all over the floor. Me and my family were staying in the Mountain suite which is very big room and has 3 balconies. The food was very good for breakfast and dinner. It is in a nice location next to the mountain.

Room Tip: The Mountain suite is very luxurious and big
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Planelover747
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in a junior suite for 9 days in early January. The location was excellent and the Junior suit was spacious for 2 of us.The kitchen was decent in size for hotel room and equiped adequately, but then, we didn't do any cooking apart from making porridge for breakfast. My biggest criticism was the fireplace. The junior suite was equped witha fireplace and you were provided each day with one log of some kind of reconstituted fire fuel. I had to have the front of fireplace covered up with a board and ducktape as I experienced fumes/ smell filttering through flue into our room from other rooms on our first day. The smell was also noticeable in the hallway. The package of the fire log listed possible hamrful effects including the possible release of Carbon Monoxide, cancer, premature birth etc. I prepaid for three people for entire 9 days but my daughter wasn't able to travel and a firend from Vancouver joined us for last 2 nights only. As she drove a car, I asked whether a comlemantary parking was possible considering that 7 days were paid for 3 but 2 stayed. The request was refused. To make things worse, I got the bill charged for 9 days of parking at valet parking instead of 2 days of self parking. The bill was amended at the end but it left me with poor taste. We had a dinner at the hotel's Cinnamon Bear Grill. The food was excellent and was very reasonablly priced. Overall, I rate the hotel 7.5 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank SimHur
California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Spent the Holidays at the Whistler Hilton. Another great stay. Our room was small, but I can't complain as we used Hilton Honors points...no upgrade, but it's the busiest time of year. We really enjoyed the excellent breakfasts, lunches, and Après in the Cinnamon Bear Bar & Grille. Tim, who is the maître d'/GM of the Cinnamon Bear is a first-class customer service/hospitality industry professional. All of the servers in the bar were excellent, especially Georgia. Bell Staff are very helpful and efficient, same for the front desk staff & concierges. You can't beat the location of the Hilton. As a guest, you can store your skis at Summit Sports, just steps from the Whistler Gondola. The property is very well maintained, never an empty glass, litter or room service tray in the hallway or by the elevators. Loved the outdoor pool and hot tub after a day on the slopes. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tex-Gore
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Tex-Gore,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent visit with us.

It’s very rewarding to hear how enjoyable your stay was made to be through the efforts of our team members. I will be sure to share your comments with Tim, Georgia and the rest of the Front Office team. I know they will be thrilled to read your review.

With some great snow having fallen in the last week, I hope we’ll be able to lure you back for another ski holiday before the end of the season.

Warm regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I used my hhonors points for this stay. It amounted to 270,000 for a 3 night stay. When I made the reservation I had to call Hilton customer service because the property did not answer the phone number on their web site. Hhonors also could not reach the same number. I was attempted to get a microwave put into the room for my daughter. The request was noted, but not fulfilled. We also did not get a refrigerator or a room up grade. I was a diamond level and had saved up points for years. I feel they were waster on a mediocre property. Although the location is good, the material condition of the hotel was not up to Hilton standards. The room was showing signs of wear and needed remodeling considering their rates. My 9 year old daughter and wife did enjoy the heated pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: I have no input here, as a diamond level Hilton was suppose to take care of this for me but did not.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Ewamoon,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us.

I’m very sorry that a couple of basic requests were not met during your visit to our hotel. With regards to the “Diamond member upgrade at time of arrival”, I understand how important this benefit is to our top tier Hhonors members. Regrettably, given that we fill to capacity over the holiday season, is very difficult secure an upgrade during this period.

Please note that I have shared the short comings in service you encountered with the respective team leaders. I apologize for the added stress this may have added to your stay. We take these comments seriously and will use them to help improve for future guest’s experiences.

Once again, thank you for your valued comments and we will work to make our hotel a more welcoming property for your next visit.