“Good equipment; many Pinks”

Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Original owner offering guided fly fishing trips for trout, salmon, steelhead, and char in the Squamish and Whistler area for over 18 years. For discerning guests heli-fishing and float plane fly-in day trips are available. Premium fly fishing equipment is provided on all tours along with lunch on full day trips. FFF certified guides on staff. Beginner to advanced anglers welcome.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Spent 3 days with Clint and had a great time while hooking many Pinks. I have fly fished on and off for over 60 years and in my experience the fly fishing equipment supplied by guides is, with two exceptions, very poor. Clint's equipment is one of those exceptions. The rod supplied on the first day was a 7 wt. Sage Response with a new Sage reel and a new and clean fly line. I used his reel and line on day two and three with my rod and the line was a pleasure to cast. I wanted to see how my 6 wt. rod would handle the Pinks. The line had the correct sink rate for the conditions and it was clear that the correct line did indeed make a difference. Can highly recommend Clint and his equipment and we hope to be back for the Pinks in 2015. JDG

AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the gear that I provide. It is important to me to give you the best I can including equipment and knowledge. I look forward to a few more days on the water with you soon! See you in Calgary in September. I am looking forward to chasing some of those big browns! -Tight lines -Clint Goyette

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The entire experience was out of this world and the highlight of our trip. Clint is a master trainer and his passion for fishing is contagious. He made it easy and imparted what we needed to know to have a most enjoyable day. He took us to a spot on the Squamish River with spectacular scenery and lots of fish. During our 1/2 day of fishing and instruction, we each landed at least three fish receiving pictures by Clint to prove it! We can hardly wait to do it again. Worth every penny. Thank you Clint!

What a pleasure it was to spend some time on the water with you both. I hope that we can spend another day on the water again soon. -Tight lines -Clint Goyette

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Ryan and Asa guided 4 of us on the Squamish during the August (even years) Pink Salmon run....it was an epic day. Between the 4 of us we caught well over 100 fish...maybe even close to 200. I'm an avid fly fisherman...my friend Cal is a novice...it made no difference as Ryan and Asa got us all on fish and spent the extra time with Cal to work on his casting technique.

Not only would I highly recommend Valley Fishing Guides, I may even come back every other year to fish the Squamish.

We are all happy your enjoyed your day on the water with us and hope to see you again soon. -Tight lines -Clint

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was an awesome experience. First time fly-fishing and I could not have asked for a better guide and teacher than Clint. He was super patient and I learned a lot.

On a side note, I was very impressed by his professionalism and his respect for the fish -- by the time we were done, I noted several key points of etiquette vis-a-vis the salmon (and other anglers).

Would do this again with Clint in a second.

You did great on your first day. See you again soon! Tight lines -Clint Goyette

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Valley Fishing Guides provided our family with an unbelievable day of fly fishing on the Squamish River. We met our guide, Ryan, at a nearby local coffee shop and got some great coffees and fresh hot scones and in five minutes we were getting a quick lesson. Ryan was real patient and just a stoked guy-you can tell he loves to fish and he really knows his stuff. We had never fly fished before and within half an hour we were casting like pros. First cast for all three of us and we all hooked a nice Pink Salmon. Ryan talked us through how to guide and land the fish. We landed 20-30 fish the whole day. Crazy fun and we fished for 8 hours and could have gone longer-HIGHLY-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

AVRWhistler, Manager at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

We are very happy you enjoyed your day on the water. We endevour to offer the best experience we can in order to help you enjoy the day and catch some fish while at it. Tight lines! Clint Goyette