“Great Find”

Ranked #19 of 202 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally inspired cuisine set in a casual bistro atmosphere. Chef Nicholas Cassettari combines his classic training, top tier experience, and world travels with the best of B.C.'S bounty to create the fine flavours at Alta Bistro. Service is casual and prompt in the dining room and bar. The wine list is French focused, with the best of B.C. As well as international selections (many by the glass) with Enomatic machines dispensing fine and eclectic selections to pair with Alta's cuisine. Mixologists behind our bar craft some of Whistler's finest cocktails. The cozy bistro atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Reservations are a must.
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had been looking for a place to go eat and everywhere else we had tried was closed for renovation or the season.

We stumbled upon this place and definitely were not disappointed! The staff were friendly and offered great suggestions, the environment was comfortable and the food was delicious! We had the bread, elk tartar and we each tried the venison. My venison was a bit more rare then his but both were delicious and flavourful.

We would definitely come back!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We had been hearing about Alta Vista from friends and thought it was time to dine there. We had a very good experience!
We started with their delicious bread - baked in house. Normally we share a starter but this night we only had a main course. My venison was so tender and flavourful. It was garnished with brussel sprouts and cornmeal polenta. The texture of the meat was amazing. My wife had the eggplant which disappeared from her plate quickly. We washed it all down with a red wine from Vancouver Island - Alderlea (Clarinet)from Maple Bay. It is a Marichal Foch varietal that seems to do well and offers a rich full bodied taste.
Service was excellent and our waiter was attentive but not overly so.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My partner and I were directed here and to the Harvest Menu by our hotel concierge and it was a good direction!
We each had the squash soup, the salad, and the snapper; while I recall being fairly satisfied, the meal wasn't a KAPOW knockout. Still good though!
We also had copious drinks (might explain the lack of memory on the meal...) I had a glass of wine and two Hemingway Daiquiris and my companion had the Bees Knees and a Manhattan - all very tasty. I also had a drink for dessert that had lavender and coffee beans on it, but can't recall the name.
Friendly service.
Overall a good experience. A little bit of waiting, but we filled the time with drinks.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Was expecting maybe too much. I can't say that anything was horrible, just would have thought that with the prices and the hype about this restaurant that it would have been better. Staff were friendly. Food didn't come out in a timely matter. We took the 5 course chef menu and a few of the courses took quite awhile. Also, we enjoy chef tasting menus and this is the first time that it doesn't include dessert. Was 3 appies and 2 mains,

1  Thank Maggieb3
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

It's been a long time since we've been to Alta Bistro, for no reason, because last time was great.... This time was amazing as well. The shoulder season deal is great value, the food was delicious all round, and the service was exceptional. Our server, Craig, deserves a special shout out.
We'll definitely be back. Thanks so much!