“solid value for money, will be back”

Aava Whistler Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Surrey
“solid value for money, will be back”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We thought it was a great hotel overall. We stayed in other hotels in Whistler and learned that extra $100 does not get you much more than what you'll get at Aava. Clean, modern and spacious rooms. Aveda toiletries were very nice. Pool and hot tub outside helped to relax after a day of hiking. No breakfast, but we like to venture into town anyways, so it didn't bother us. I would recommend this to any budget conscious traveler to Whistler and we'll stay there again

1 Thank Alex713
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you for sharing your review "Alex713"

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Aava Whistler, and our efforts to create a modern alternative to Whistler's more "traditional" accommodations. Exceeding the expected comforts, providing full amenities, while also maintaining a great value for your visit has always been our focus.

Breakfast is available only steps away at the Whistler White Spot- directly across from our doors; or exploring the village as you have enjoyed is highly recommended.

Be sure to let us know when you can escape to Whistler again soon!

Kindest regards,

Colin Hedderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ontario
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We ended up at Aava in a round about way but ended up loving it. It's a newer building, extremely clean and comfortable rooms and a 2 minute walk into the village. Opening the window at night, laying there looking at the mountains and feeling the cool mountain breeze felt terrific after leaving the Ontario heatwave.

The front desk staff were exceptional. They took the time to help us with travel directions and were truly interested in our travel plans. It's always great when someone who works at the location takes the time to tell you what could be of interest to you and means it. Even a friendly smile and good morning starts the day off right. We had just left a Vancouver hotel and had experienced the opposite so what a welcome relief!

We did the Canadiana ATV tour and fun wow!! I felt like a piece of popcorn bouncing around behind my husband but would not have missed it for the world.

We would not hesitate to stay at Aava again. Great location, view and people.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you for submitting your kind review "winboOntario"

Glad you were able to escape the Eastern heatwave to Whistler and enjoy the Aava Whistler.

One of my favorite parts of the flavour of Whistler, is the interaction between the visiting guest and our enthusiastic, international, service teams (currently made up of a few Aussies, two Irish lasses, regions of India, the Philippines, heck even a couple of Canadians -among other areas of the world!)

Although often only briefly visiting Whistler as well, this traveling workforce fall quickly in love with Whistler, and are passionate to share their passions and secrets with our guests.

Be sure to speak to Charlene about the best trails to hit on your mountain bike, and Hartman for some of Whistlers many secrets and must do's, - as well the rest of our Guest Service teams for additional recommends!

See you next heat-wave!

Kind regards,

Carteret, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2011

this was perfect for me and 2kids,(12 and 13) AAva is right on the edge of all the fun and activities. Walking distance to everything. We had a great time.

Room Tip: look for online deals,(hotels.com) got me 1 night free
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We really enjoyed staying at Aava. Its location is just steps from the center of the whistler village, super close and without the loud noises late in the evening. The pool outside and the hot tub were great!! The rooms are clean, all new and fresh and we absolutely loved the white leather headbord - wish we could find one for our own bedroom. Very classy!
Overall a great deal for a nice quiet hotel.

• Stayed August 2010
Thank you for posting your review "Larisa1987"

We were happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Aava visit, at the edge of the action in Whistler!
Let me know if you need my assistance in sourcing your white leather headboard!

We hope to see you next escape from Seattle!

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Aava hotel is conveniently located about 2 blocks from the main village, and our room literally looked onto the driving range of the Whistler Golf Club. 2 minutes after we checked in my boyfriend looked out the window and decided he needed to at least try the driving range.

The room was comfortable, and the bathoom was clean with a nice tub. We 95% of our awake time somewhere in the Whistler resort, and really appreciated the convenience and lower cost for this hotel. They had a hot tub we enjoyed. Unless you're planning to spend a ton of time in your room and need a very high end room, would highly recommend this hotel.

Leonardtown, MD
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My first day arriving into Whistler before noon, I was concerned that I would have to wander around the village because generally check-in is after 4pm. The gentleman at the door was extremely helpful, friendly and offered to get my luggage.

It turned out that my room was ready and I could move in right away! The lady at the front desk was all smiles and very friendly as well. The biggest mountain biking event Crankworx had started and the buzz was in the air!

Before I made it to my car, my luggage was already being loaded onto the cart and taken to my room while I parked the car. First impressions say everything and my first 15 minutes were superb!

Once I parked my car and took the elevator to my room, I ran into the doorman and he asked if I wanted the luggage on the floor or on the bed. Very considerate! Throughout the the day and night I was there, the doorman was always smiles and polite. A great advertisement for Aava hotel to everyone coming into the hotel.

When I walked into the room, it was spacious, fresh and airy with cathedral ceilings. With the granite countertop in the bathroom, roomy shower stall, plush Queen bed and A products I was truly impressed.

That night when I went to sleep, it was like falling into a bed of plush, cushy sweetness. The sheets were soft and smelled really fresh. There was no noise coming from any rooms or outside. Great night's rest!

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family! If this hotel had a kitchenette, I would probably stay here in the future for Crankworx 2012. Yes, I plan on returning to Whistler! If a kitchenette is desired, please ask the hotel if they have any available. I didn't ask for one because I was already booked in a condominium for 2 weeks that had a kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank crashin_puma
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Great location just steps to the Village but nice and quiet, good value but we did have my husband's corporate rate. Rooms were very clean ( I even had a hot bath and usually think hotel tubs are gross!). Rooms are compact but they have everything you need including a mini fridge. The staff was super friendly, fun and helpful. Really appreciated how quickly they offered to call a restaurant and make a reservation for us for dinner, always ready to help and we even giggled over the "rockstar" British mountain biker. One and only complaint, I like to have coffee in my room and even bring my own small bottle of Baileys and the coffee machine only makes two cups at a time. I would prefer at bare minimum the 4 cup mini machines but would love to see a full coffee maker with the option of making a full or half pot. Great place, we will stay there everytime we go from now on.