“good location, special reception”

Aava Whistler Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been to Aava in March, with friends, for ski. The hotel is very well located, close to the lifts and to the center. The outside hot tub is great, sometimes crowded though. The hotel doesn't have any restaurant or bar or cafeteria, only drink and ice machines. I haven't seen this written anywhere. I didn't really nissi it, but it'd be better if I knew it before arrival. The reception staff was very helpful and got some plastic silverware and glasses, which helped us manage breakfast in the room. I'd like to highlight a guy on the reception, who I think is called Hartman (he has long dark hair and wear glasses). He really did a great job!! As I was the one who planned all the trip, everybody relied on me to plan dinner. And Hartman gave the suggestions, made the reservations, so helped a lot on the success of our trip! We also had problems with the matresses (when you're old, you need firm matresses), but the maintenance staff changed our matresses right away, on the 1st day!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LumarBr
There are newer reviews for Aava Whistler Hotel

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is our 2nd Spring break to Whistler in 2 years. The hotel is only a block from the village. We like the fact it is away from the crowd and close enough to everything. The staff is very friendly on both our stays. The hotel is not fancy but chic. It provides the convenient of free storage locker that fits your ski/snowboard right off the underground garage(parking was $22 per day). It also provide free GoPro rental on first come first serve basis. Free Wifi thru out the facility. Outdoor heated pool and hot tub was nice after a day on the slope. The room size is small but It's one of the few that offers 2 queen beds. The bedding might need an update as they didn't feel as comfortable as they were two years ago. BTW the hotel doesn't offer any food. It use to be a White Spot restaurant right across and is really convenient for breakfast. Unfortunately it's closed. I heard a new restaurant will open in the summer. Overall my family likes this hotel for its location, staff, services, convenient and value. We would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel was labelled 4 star, but being one of the cheaper places in Whistler I expected less, and go much less than I expected. I found an hold hair spray can in the room, it was not vacuumed under the bed and there was an old key card, and it was dusty and dirty. There were red stains on the carpet. The beds sunk in so badly in the middle that I woke up sore. The pool and hot tub are advertised as open year round but the pool was not heated enough to swim in the and hot tub was luke warm, not hot.

Unless you are on a budget and don't care if you room has been properly cleaned or if you get a comfy sleap, then I would suggest you pay a little extra and stay elsewhere. Obviously they have low standards of clean. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont do it.
1  Thank 212default
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

A very disappointing review "212default" - my apologies for your experience.

We will check out the mattress for damage and wear, and replace if required. There is certainly no excuse for the cleanliness details you have mentioned, and we will follow up with our Housekeeping Management to ensure attention and improvements are made- it is certainly not up to our usual levels of cleanliness.

Also, to note, our pool is definitely open year round, and usually very well heated. I am unsure why the variation in temperature during your experience.

I am sure we could provide a far better experience to your recent visit in future - please feel free to contact me directly at colin@aavawhistlerhotel.com if we could arrange a future visit to better experience our hotel.

Colin Hedderson

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just got back from a 10 night stay at the Aava in Whistler and it was great. The hotel is stylish and very comfortable - lovely beds. We had some trouble with noise from loud guests returning in the middle of the night and partying in their rooms. However, the staff were sympathetic and responded promptly. We were moved to a quiet room and given a bottle of wine as compensation for a disturbed night. Overall, the staff went out of their way to be as helpful as possible even booking a bus to the airport for us. The hotel is in an excellent position across the road from the main village and a very short walk to the ski hire rentals and lifts. We were able to use lockers and ski storage at the rental shop right by the ski lifts meaning the 5 minute walk from the hotel was easy and comfortable. Although there was no restaurant in the hotel, we knew this in advance. Rooms have fridges, large comfy beds and coffee making facilities. We requested a kettle - tea drinkers - and one was brought immediately to us. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would happily recommend it. Didn't use the spa so can't comment but other guests seemed to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask to be situated away from potential party goers (unless you are one!).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice big and clean rooms. Great location as just walk over to the road to main eat/shopping area and it was not noisy because you were not right next to the bars etc. Only tiny thing we had was you could hear the people next door to us so walls are pretty thin. Also hired our gear so we never had to trek it back so not sure if that would be annoying for others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was our first trip to Whistler and we stayed at Aava for a week. We found everything excellent. The staff went out of their way to be help, our rooms were lovely and the location was great. We would definitely recommend this to other people travelling here. Only downside was the lack of a restaurant - ocassionally it would have been nice not to travel out for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

i was very pleased with all aspects of Aava Hotel in Whistler,I was espesially
happy with the staff and the way they go out of there way to please you, I asked
for a d.v.d. player and they brought one right up to my room, the pool was clean, management was availlable and I would be confident to tell my friends
and family to stay here.......