“Great location, great staff, modest hotel”

Aava Whistler Hotel
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver
“Great location, great staff, modest hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great location just steps from the village/lift. Fantastic staff, renovated modest hotel with a nice ambience. The pool is very small and we wished it had been a bit bigger, but not the end of the world.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review "Jens K"

Happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our service staff. Our pool is so popular we wish it was larger at times as well!

Great news is with summer almost here - the beautiful lakes around the village will attract some of the crowd to explore the beaches of Whistler - simply amazing!

Colin Hedderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver,B.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had one night at the Aava. The location is good and the hotel is very nice. I did find the hallways a little noisy i.e. you can clearly hear anyone's conversation if they are chatting in the hallway. The bathroom is on the small side but nicely appointed with Aveda toiletries and big white towels and lots of them. The room provides you with a nice big robe. Convenient for going down to the pool/hottub.
The room also has good coffee and a fridge.
I would stay here again and I would recommend it. The price was right just over $100.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank debg9

Glad you enjoyed your visit - and found a great deal!

Hope to see you again next visit.

Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Beautifull and confortable, a great hotel in a great place. Very near the village stroll and the gondolas. The hotel has a few Gopros for guest use, but you have to get them very early. The hotel is not cheap but you get what you pay for

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Raphaelfsilvestre
Thanks for the fantastic review "Raphaelsilvestre"

Glad you were able to grab one of our GoPro fleet to enjoy - so much fun to use- and definitely SUPER popular!

Still a great Whistler value, we are often able to offer some of the most competitive rates in the village!

Thank you for staying.

Abbotsford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. During the night I woke up with about 13-14 red dots all over my mid section. I turned on the light and looked thru the bed and found some black dots through out the bed. Also found in the bed was multiple little black hairs, it was apparent the bed was not cleaned or at least not cleaned well. When I contacted the hotel I was told that it was not bed bugs and that I was probably mistaking the bites for mosquito bites, or that I had a reaction to the hot tub. Well 1, I never went in or near the hot tub and 2, it was WAY too cold outside for there to be any mosquitoes, let alone mosquitos that could bite through my 3 shirts and huge winter jacket. The manager totally sloughed off this problem and did not act like he cared at all. After working in a hotel for many years I could not believe the service and quality I received, especially at a hotel in Whistler. Definitely would never stay here again and will make sure to tell everyone about my horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Brittany P
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
**TO NOTE TO READERS - THERE WERE NO BEDBUGS DISCOVERED IN THIS GUEST ROOM**

While we really appreciate this guest letting us know of her experience – immediately allowing us the opportunity to investigate the possibility of bed bugs, we regret that "Brittany P" would not accept and believe our investigation findings as true, and only attempt to post a harmful review in response.

We take the warning of the possibility of bed bugs extremely seriously, as they can quickly become an incredible problem due to their unique life spans, and ability to quickly reproduce. On first notification, any room is immediately pulled from service to allow for a complete dismantling and inspection of the room space. This particular room type, as one of our finest, with mountain views is rarely seen unoccupied.

Unfortunately, this guest remained unwilling to believe and accept our findings as true.

While I regret that "Brittany P" feels "sloughed off", and that our lengthy investigation, and detailed communications response was considered "uncaring", our findings were contrary to her accusation, as was explained via numerous emails. Her threat, to post an online review has now become an unfortunate reality - despite the fact that her allegations have been proven false.

Foshan, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently, just for one night. I had a very nice, comfortable stay. The room was very nice. The bed was gigantic! It was exceptionally comfortable too. We also had a very nice view from our window. My only grumble would be that the shower wasn't as powerful as I would've liked...but that's nothing to get stuck on.
It was a very nice location. Everything was easy to get to. I'd stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a very busy Easter weekend and service was excellent. Never once did a staff member say they were too busy to help. In fact, when I forgot something in my room after checking out the front desk man was very quick to take me back to our room to find the necklace that I forgot. I look forward to staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 4th floor - the ceiling is higher and makes the room seem larger.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen N
We really appreciate hearing your feedback "Karen N"

Glad you enjoyed your Easter weekend - and our Service Staff will enjoy hearing your praises!

Great tip for future guests as well - our top floor (4th) "Superior" rooms are a fantastic choice!

Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The service was perfect, there was no waiting at all our room was ready and clean. The personal was polite and very helpful.
You need some small interior improvements.
To have breakfast included will be a big + for this Hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chris M, Front Office Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Vladimir A,

Thank you for the 'beautiful' review. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable.

I hope that you come back and see us again.

Hopefully next time we will have a breakfast option for you.

Chris