Legends
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)
Tantalus Lodge(Whistler)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewscreekside gondolamedia roomwhistler villagegrocery storehot tubgames roomwasher dryerbbq areacreek sidecreekside areathree bedroomfull kitchenski lockersmain villagemin driveski schoolbed apartment
FilterAll languages
A Whistler Blackcomb traveller
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is my second stay at Legends, first time in the summer. Legends offers you a warm, friendly environment and offers activities for everyone in your family. I stayed with my 13 year old son and we enjoyed swimming in their large pool and warming up in two huge hot tubs, playing a few games of pool and realizing just how bad a pool player I was and watching a movie in their theatre room. New now is the ability to choose and select the movie you want to see if the room is free. They also have a weight and exercise room, kids room with games and activities as well as a large general room equipped with kitchenette, fireplace and large sofas for just kicking back in. The ample sized pool desk also houses two large BBQ's for your use and tables and chairs provided for eating outside as well.

We again had a comfy 1 bedroom suite with kitchen, full size table, mini computer/reading desk, washer/dryer, two pull out couches, spacious and comfy bedroom and one shared bathroom. The rooms are well done and the kitchen well stocked. My only complaint is that you get one 1 free coffee for your stay so bring your own coffee if you want more (there is a Starbucks right across the road too). Rooms have fireplaces for heating and air conditioning for cooling that you adjust!

All in all a great place to stay in the original Whistler village (now called Creekside) and a short 5 minute drive to the current Whistler/Blackcomb village (you can ski in and out from there in the winter though on the Creekside Gondola). Plenty of eateries around, small stores and an awesome grocery store that stocks almost anything you could need.

I will be back again in the December!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Legends at the Creekside with one of my kids and her family in July. The location is excellent for a family, away from the village a bit but easy to get there, I imagine it would be perfect for skiing as there were lifts right beside the property. Check in was quick and easy and throughout our stay all the staff were outstanding. The suite was excellent. Ours looked out over the creek (and waterfall) which was beautiful. The soothing sound of the rushing water was perfect and when you wanted silence you just closed the balcony door and you could not hear it at all. Soundproofing in this property is excellent. We had a large living room with couch (that pulls out to a comfortable queen bed) chair, all the amenities for movies and music, fireplace, dining room table (large enough for us all), fully equipped kitchen, large bedroom, small den with a couch that pulls out to a comfortable double bed, lots of towels and other amenities, recycling bin, absolutely everything you could possibly need. The hotel amenities were excellent as well. Family pool and hot tub were great (I didn't get to the adult only one this time). They had their annual Children's Festival going on which my grandsons loved. The property has all the amenities of a modern resort and yet still retains a rustic, ski-lodge feel. Beautiful property and excellent staff. I would highly recommend this property to anyone. I plan on bringing my husband back here for a romantic weekend soon.

Room Tip: Recommend trips on the back side of the hotel facing toward the creek. Seem to have more privacy and the sound and views of the water are a big plus for me.
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I love Legends! It is a little away from the main village and the noise, but close enough to drive, bike or walk. The condo is well appointed for families or couples and the pool, hot tubs and BBQ areas are terrific! Probably the largest pool in Whistler and the views of the mountains are great! In the winter you cannot beat the ski in ski out location. Nita Lake Lodge is right across the street with a wonderful picturesque bar and dining room.

Room Tip: Mountain View
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DJDofKIRK
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have stayed at Legends multiple times since it opened. It's located right next to the gondola lift at Creekside and although skiing is now shut down for the season this a an important factor for those who come in the winter. Mountain biking is our main Whistler summer activity and there is secured storage for the valuable bikes that we haul with us. Legends is across the street from a paved trail that accesses the Valley Trail into the village and beyond. I haul my downhill bike into the main village, however, on a daily basis we ride the trail to town on our cross-country bikes. We have stayed on both the creek side and gondola side of the building. Summer on the creek side treats you to the soothing sound of running water but the views are better on the gondola side. We have occupied rooms on the gondola side overlooking Dusty's BBQ and although there is sometimes a little noise it has never bothered us. If you request a room that doesn't overlok Dusty's BBQ, you'll be very happy with the view of the Whistler peak as well as a view right down the valley. I would describe the decor of the rooms as sophisticatedly rustic and our beds and linens have always been excellent. There is a washer and dryer in each room. Check-in and staff have always been very good. I believe that the swimming pool is the largest in Whistler and there are two hot tubs adjacent to the pool, one being adult only. In adddition to the fully appointed kitchen in your room you can grill on the gas fired BBQ next to the pool and there is a pool table and very good exercise facility off the swimming pool. Legends is located about a five minute walk from the celebrated Rimrock Cafe and across the highway from the Creekbread Restaurant that specializes in organic salads and world-class pizza. After a day of biking in the mountains we also enjoy the bar at the nearby, Nita Lake Lodge. There is also a grocery store and Starbucks across the street. Just about everything you need is right here.

Room Tip: The gondola side as close as possible to the mountain.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family