“Great service great food nice portions, just 1 thing...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aura Restaurant

Aura Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aura Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh. Casual. Local. Inspired and influenced by our people, our place and our produce, AURA creates a casual and comfortable dining experience in a unique lakeside setting. Whether it's freshly-caught salmon from the west coast of BC or black trumped mushrooms foraged from the forest around us, we create unforgettable dishes using lovingly-harvested seasonal ingredients and then we share it with friends. Fresh and local, Chef Dean celebrates all things BC. We are passionately committed to offering the freshest ingredients by presenting a seasonal menu that is locally focused and globally artistic, cultivating a healthy relationship between our plates and our planet. Served lakeside and with a smile, join us at AURA for breakfast, dinner or your next special event.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service great food nice portions, just 1 thing...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

A girlfriend booked this place for brunch during the long weekend. Love the view, love the atmosphere. I had a pork belly sandwich and the portion was HUGE. The meat was just a tiny bit dry though, but alright. Coffee was not hot enough. Wish they had put coffee into hot mugs instead of cold mugs. Waitress was very nice but she said she was new or something. Anyway, friend had a latte, I had a mocha, weren't hot enough so we asked her to heat them up for us. Drinks came back and she had them mixed up. I ended up with a latte and my friend had my mocha. Oh well. Nothing major. I'm just a little bit lactose intolerant and latte isn't my thing.

Other than that, very relaxing and nice experience. Will still go back.

• Visited May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“An evening with the wife on our anniversary (sort of)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spent last evening at the AURA restaurant at Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler for our 16th Anniversary (a week early but none the less).
The restaurant is elegant and the view was spectacular !
The service and the meal were impeccable, the wait staff knew their stuff, from the wine to the meal to the dessert everything was just perfect. Thank you for a wonderful evening for my wife and myself in celebration of our special day.

• Visited May 2014
Camrose, Canada
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

3 of us had the 3 course, one had the 5 course. What fantastic food. Properly portioned with organic, hand picked ingredients from the area. Beautiful views of the lake. Lovely ambience. Great service with respect to knowledge and timing. Excellent drinks, try the Conception!

Visited May 2014
Chesterfield
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were recommended this place for a special tasting menu at Canadian dollars 35 for 3 courses. The meal was freshly prepared using local ingredients including wild garlic used for the exceptional starter of wilted leeks ,wild garlic leaves and flowers plus puree with a soft poached egg. The main course we chose steak which was cooked to perfection and to our choice with fingerling potatoes and diced salsa with red wine jus. For dessert my friend chose fresh raspberry meringue on pineapple with wild sorrel sorbet, whilst I chose chocolate and hazelnut tart with banana (wafers) and hay icecream. We also had freshly baked bread and butter. There was plenty of choice. Service was exceptional and the waitress took a lot of care to explain what the dishes comprised of. Our table overlooked the lake which was frozen at the time of our visit April 2014. The restaurant is situated in the Nita Lake Lodge Hotel which also looked fantastic. If you are in the area and want a special meal I highly recommend it There is also a la carte menu or a 5 course tasting menu. Plenty of choice of wines which being Canada are not cheap by European standards but I am sure would be of a good quality.

• Visited April 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice setting, but disappointing meal and service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently dined at Aura. It was off-season but that is no excuse for the service or the food.My wife ordered steak medium and it was rare and not very tasty. My kids ordered ice cream with chocolate sauce, it didn't come with sauce. We asked for plum sauce and the waitress brought us a1steak sauce . We were one of the few tables in the entire restaurant yet the wait staff was not very attentive. For the price I would have to say it was very disappointing although a beautiful setting of the lake and Hotel Nita was worth seeing.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tlccorkmaster
Nancy S, Guest Relations Manager at Aura Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
We strive to provide all our guests with an attentive, delicious and customized dining experience in a relaxed setting and we are truly sorry that this was not the case during your visit to Aura. Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment.
I have passed your comments on to our food and beverage team who would love the opportunity to follow up with you. Please contact myself or our Food and Beverage Director, Stephanie Noel, on stephanie@nitalakeldoge.com or by calling 604-966-5706. We look forward to connecting with you soon.
Kindest Regards,
Nancy Steward - Guest Relations Manager - Nita Lake Lodge - nancy@nitalakelodge.com