All reviewsloft suitefull kitchengreat locationdry saunawhistler villagejacuzzi tubown mealslight sleepersofa bedflat screendvd playerbike parkcan't beat the locationrestaurants and shopsbit datedunderground parkingcentral location
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm not usually one to complain about accommodations but I was really displeased with this hotel. I booked it through the Peak 2 Peak website as I did a package with the gondola tickets and chose the cheaper option as we were on a budget (which is fine) the location is ideal however....

The hotel itself seems dated it defiantly needs a facelift. Our room was on the 1st floor facing the Keg Restaurant at the adjacent hotel. Being a first time visitor to Whistler I was unaware that Brandy's (a restaurant under the Keg) turns into a night club and the amount of noise that comes with it is really disturbing, wanting to keep the windows open for fresh mountain air was impossible at night. Also due to the bushes planted outside our room we didn't have a view of the mountains at all....The AC and Fireplace are pretty difficult to understand....the instructions were apparently in the guest hand book which was not provided in our room.

Our room had a murphy bed which was surprisingly comfortable...but not ideal. There was a full kitchen and dining table which was nice and would have been useful if we had been staying longer than 2 nights. Also daily housekeeping is available at a charge which was not explained to us at check-in. Apparently the rooms are cleaned ever 4 days which to me seems kind of gross. So you can imagine my surprise coming back to dirty towels after a day of hiking..... would have been nice to know this. The lack of balcony's was a disappointment as well. It's always nice to sit outside drink a glass of wine and look at the mountains in the privacy of your own room....

The pool area was nice with great views of the mountains and comfortable chairs. However the hot tub had not been cleaned in who knows how long and I got out with all this gross residue all over my body....

Staff was friendly enough and knew their way around the village.

Maybe our room location was the main issue....however I probably won't stay here again. Very underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Request a higher level floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanda s
MountainsideLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Amanda,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us.
As you correctly pointed out, our central location can result in some late night noise, which is unfortunate.

As for the AC and fires, they can certainly be confusing. Our guest room binders have been removed in line with a corporate policy change, but we will certainly look for an alternative way to inform our guests based on this feedback.

As far as your hot-tub issues, these facilities are actually managed by a third party, however we do work closely with them to ensure that the pool and hot-tub are upto the standards our guests expect. We will review our policies to ensure they are adequate.

I'm pleased that you appreciated our knowledgable staff.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you wish to discuss anything further.

Adam Gordon - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place to stay for a family of 4 right along the Village Stroll. The Loft we stayed in had a Queen size bed + sofa bed + 2 baths ( 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs). The kitchen had everything we needed (pots and pans + utensils). Was clean and tidy and we felt like at home. Marlyn, the receptionist, was awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MountainsideLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks for your review Jenny.

It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.
Our units are indeed well equipped, and I'll pass on your compliments to Marlyn!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The front desk staff was very, very friendly and accommodating to our every request. Lodge was located in Whistler Village near the Whistler and Blackcomb Gondolas and the ski lifts as well. (about 2 minute walk) Surrounding the Lodge were SEVERAL awesome restaurants, shops, equipment rental, activity companies, bike rentals. Grocery store, liquor store, drug store, post office; and all this walking distance. Great bear sightings on the mountain. Surrounded by mountain scenery any way you look. Very, very clean village and beautifully decorated and kept up. Definitely considering going back in snow season in 2015.

Room Tip: We were housed in a Studio Lodge. The only thing that bothered us was the skylight in the bedroom upstairs letting the sun in very early in the morning (4:30 - 5:00 am) We did see a regular Studio room, which was also sufficient for a couple.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie P
MountainsideLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Bonnie!

Thanks for your review; we're so glad you enjoyed your time with us.
We pride ourselves on our helpful, knowledgeable and courteous staff, it's great to hear they were appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the winter!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Accommodation here was very good....ideal for the two of us. Only downside was that the hot water supply was erratic and the fire alarm went off several times for no apparent reasons...!
Staff though were very friendly and helpful.
Best thing about this hotel was the location....walking distance to everything we wanted/needed whilst there.

Room Tip: The loft rooms are the best....more spacious and ideal for two people
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MountainsideLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks for your review Rob,

We're proud of our spacious lofts and central location, thanks for pointing these out!

It's great that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again on your next visit to Whistler.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

On 17/May, me and my friend arrived hotel and check in ~4:30 for room 131. The room is on ground floor and located at the very end of the hallway. We need to open one door to enter the hallway and opening another door at the end of the hallway in order to get to room 131. We entered into the room and look around to check facilities. There are two washroom in this room, but, the washroom on the second level clogged upon two flushes, toilet paper and water gushed out from the toilet and over the washroom.

I called the front desk and reported the incident to Nicholas at front desk, Nicholas replied will send people over to take a look and fix the problem. The hotel plumber came within 5 minutes, but before he came, there is water leaking through and the room starting to get smelly.

Plumber came and fixed the clogging problem, but not the leaking issue. He put few towel on the leaking spot and left. I went to front desk and spoke to Manager Adam Gordon about the situation. He said the hotel is fully book and check in, there is no other room for us to stay. We insist not going to stay in the smelly room 131, and Adam offers no solutions but kept telling us they will try to fix the problem. We decided not to stay and asked Adam if we will be able to get a refund, and Adam's answer further disappointed us. His manager is on holiday and won't be back till next week. Upon his or her return, Adam will report this case and the manager will decide if a refund is possible.

We are not able to stay in Whistler enjoying our holiday and were forced to drive 2 hours back to Vancouver.

This was my most terrible hotel experience happened in my life. This is my second time staying in this hotel. First time was a great experience, and this time is misery.

Room Tip: Corner suites has 2 level for room 131, but this room is relatively smaller and lighting is not good. Ground level room has no view. Room 131 has very bad access. from lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank YettiPSW
MountainsideLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mountainside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hello Yetti,

I'm sorry that you were so unhappy with your stay. We would of course have moved you to another unit had one been available.

I understand that you would have preferred a higher floor, but on a holiday weekend none were available, and we had no notification that this was your preference prior to your arrival.

We hope that in the future we can provide you with the quality experience we pride ourselves on.

Adam Gordon - Guest Services Manager