“Great hotel, take meals outside of the hotel”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 11 July 2011

hello the overall hotel facility and service of the staff are great.
We stayed at the hotel over the weekend and had breakfast twice( room service and buffet) and lunch once. The overall food quality is lacking, the room service breakfast of hash browns( rock hard), ham (dried up and re-fried), eggs (were fine). Just not what i would expect at the prices they were charging. The next day we had breakfast downstairs, we choose the buffet. The buffet was lacking in choice and the hot items looked like they have been sitting there since the start of the buffet early in the morning. I think the problem is that they make too much food for the amount of volume of customers and leave the hot items there til the end of breakfast service thus my observation of the hot items being dried out.

Lunch was uneventful and fine, for what it was.

Anyways the staff around the hotel had great attitudes and i would stay again at the hotel. the room that we got was great! large and very comfortable. i would just not eat there as i like good food and this hotel does not seem to have a handle on their food service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank homerj108
Jessalyn, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear your enjoyed the facilities and service you received on your recent stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the miss steps you encountered with our breakfast service. As this is not the level of service we are known for providing, I have notified our Food and Beverage Director to ensure that it is corrected for the future.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,724)

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I was completely satisfied with the quality of service and facility, not mention the low summer rate.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I felt like royalty staying in my suite. The walk-in closet, bathroom, back patio overlooking the forest, the staff, the restaurant, the grounds, EVERYTHING, was GORGEOUS! I would recommend going to Whistler over any other place I've traveled in BC just so that you can stay at this hotel! I'll be back here for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2011

All the staff that we encountered were first rate, Friendly, knowledgable and relaxed. This made for a memorable two days. The upgraded room we were offered for a minimal fee was amazing and so worth it! Dinner at Sidecut was also memorable, all the food was fantastic - but the shared steak, phenomenal (see photo). Dinner in the bar area was excellent too with more casual but equally well cooked food. Spa was a little disappointing, i think it needs a little sprucing up, but the staff were again excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - excellent value for money and suitable for any occasion. Must get back there again soon!!

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade if offered to you, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I was simply amazed at how courteous & efficient the staff was during our stay. There is nothing like a "Good morning and is there anything I can do to make your stay better?" It's what service used to be like, Very impressed!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The hotel is located in the upper village which is very quiet. Not much to do. Good if you don't want to be in the middle of all the noise, etc. The walk from the upper village to the lower village is a beautiful easy one. The hotel will take you anywhere if you don't feel like walking. It's a nice place if you don't want alot of options. It is very convenient for the Whistler Chateaux golf course and hiking around Lost Lake, That's about it,

Food is average and very expensive. Breakfast buffet was $30 and eggs, potatoes, pancakes, etc were ice cold. Service was very slow and unattentive. Two cans of coke were $12. Spa was average -nothing special- expensive. Room was ok - nothing special at all. Beds were hard and not your typical Four Seasons beds. I am not sure I would spend the money to stay here again. Front desk staff and bellman were outstanding though. The hotel is "ok"....... the views are breathtaking.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SierraToGo
Jessalyn, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our Front Desk and Bell staff.

I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had with our breakfast service. I ensure you that it does not reflect the level of service we strive to provide for our guests. I have passed your feedback along to our Food and Beverage Director to ensure this does not happen again.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Just returned from staying at Four Seasons Whistler Hotel and just had to write this review to share our wonderful experience. We reserved the room and valet package otherwise it is $39 to valet your car here. We arrived with the valet ready to take our car and unload our luggage. Check in was quick and friendly and they upgraded us to higher class room without us even asking. When we entered the room we found a gift from the hotel to congratulate us on our anniversary - what a thoughtful touch! The room was spacious and bright with a nice litle patio. Huge bathroom with double sinks, glass slate shower, soaker tub and fluffy bathrobes. There was a mini fridge for your own items which can save a few dollars. We enjoyed the pool and had lunch poolside - the service is top notch, a young man gave us an orientation around the spa and pool area. The young lady working at the pool made sure our drinks were always filled and brought fruit skewers around. We ordered the baja fish tacos - yummy! We had dinner at the hotel and enjoyed their 1st BBQ of the season. The BBQ is on Thursday nights only and has live music. There was such a selection - salads (greens with artichokes, mushrooms, etc., ribs (beef and pork), bacon wrapped sirloin, chicken, pork (there was a whole pig on the BBQ), sausages, salmon, seafood paella, scallops potatoes, coleslaw, a few other side dishes and warm apple crumble for dessert. All this for only $29! And the service was once again stellar. The cook asked if he could cut a fresh piece of pork for me and of course I said yes. I must admit I had to turn away when he went to cut it right off the suckling on the BBQ but boy was it ever juicy and sweet. The band was very entertaining. Later on, the turndown service was appreciated. I believe his name is Jesus and he was so thoughtful, making sure that our ice bucket was filled and other little things to ensure our comfort and generally did a wonderful job of refreshing the room and genuinely seemed to want to please us. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple