“Best service ever! I fully recommend this property to everyone!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, Canada
“Best service ever! I fully recommend this property to everyone!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience anyone could ever dream of having. If I had to rate the staff between 1 and 10 I would give them a 15 if I could! My husband and I decided at the last minute to go to Whistler for our Anniversary this year. When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was just so delightful and sweet that we automatically knew we had chosen the right hotel to stay at. She upgraded our room for us and we were absolutely thrilled with the room once we saw it. It was beautiful, clean, warm and comfortable. We were interested in doing the Peak to Peak tour, so we asked the concierge for more information on it. She was so kind and informative and she explained the map of the village to us and even gave us coupons to purchase our tickets. From there we took a hotel car to the base of the mountain. I cannot say too many times how impressed my husband and I were with the service we received. We had a lovely dinner in town and then called the car to pick us up again and bring us back to the hotel. When we arrived back in our room we were delighted to find a bottle of sparkling wine and strawberries! The Whistler Four Seasons made sure that we had an anniversary we would never forget. Mark my words: I will never stay anywhere else in Whistler and will share my experience with anyone who will listen. They went above and beyond and provided us with this wonderful experience! My husband and I sincerely appreciated the effort put forth by everyone who worked there and could not have been more satisfied with our stay.

2 Thank B_and_C_Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We just returned from a 2 night stay in Whistler at the Four Seasons. The hotel was very nice and looked like the best hotel in Whistler. I booked a Deluxe Room based on feedback I saw on Tripadvisor but when we arrived, they upgraded us to a Premier (same size room but with a mountain view) which was nice. The room was clean, had a huge walk-in closet and the bed was really comfortable. We stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver for 3 nights before Whistler which was just unbelievable and is why I didn't rate the Four Seasons a 5 star. Four Seasons is a step down in every way (food, amenities, decorating, service) but it is also cheaper.

It felt like we were the only people staying in the hotel since the end of September is low season in Whistler but if you don't like crowds and want to try out attractions other than skiiing, I think it is a great time to go.

We had one incident during our stay: we ordered room service for breakfast and told them that we were in a rush as we had a ziplining booking. They assured us that the food would be at our room within 45 minutes. After about 1 hour, we phoned back and cancelled and left. That night, we received a written apology from the food and beverage manager and a plate of chocolates. I thought they handled the incident very well and know the timing was tight.
If you go, make sure you eat at the Rimrock Cafe in Creekside: fantastic food.

Room Tip: End of Sept / beginning of Oct is low season and our room was upgraded.
Richmond, varginia, USA
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I made our first trip to Whistler in March of 2011 for a late season week long ski holiday; which I surprized her with at Christmastime. I booked online (easy) and paid extra per night (when compared to other options) to stay in a very nice property. We had a little hiccup with regard to ground transportation from the Vancouver airport to Whistler (which I will describe below) but everything (EVERYTHING) else about our stay at this property and at Whistler in general was fantastic and first rate.

About the Four Seasons service: we had to cut our stay short by a full day because one of our children (we left them at home) had to have appendix surgery. After one phone call to the front desk the situation was resolved and we were able to then concentrate on changing our air travel (which was more difficult). We were not charged byt he hotel for the change and we were refunded for the day we had reserved but could not stay. Overall my experience was fantastic and I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone who has the ability and desire to pay for a lush experience.

For the details of our ground transportation snafu:
When reserving my room I was provided an option to secure ground transportation (passenger van) through the Four Seasons website, which I selected. Later (weeks later) when reviewing my reservation online, I noted that the ground transportation was not listed among the details of my reservation. I concluded the reservation was not made and when I reviewed my email and noted no mention of ground transport; I chose different transportation (via bus) through a different company on a different website. On arrival to Vancouver we hopped on our bus and began our long (due to numerous stops) trip to Whistler. When we arrived at the hotel the concierge quietly asked me to step aside to speak with me privately whereupon I was advised that the private van made the 2 hour trip to the airport but we weren't there, and the cost of the ground transport needed to be discussed. When I explained that I never received any confirmation of the ground transportation and couldn't confirm the transaction prior to our arrival, the concierge provided an understanding nod and immediately removed the charge. Apparently the ground options on the website are not through the hotel but are through a third party that, at least in my case, was impossible to see when reviewing reservations. The concierge admitted that the service the company provided was not to her expectations and for all I know this has since been changed. Even this slightly distatseful event was deftly, deferentially, professionally, respectfully, and immediately handled to my satisfaction. All what you would expect from a luxury hotel experience.

The room: we chose a deluxe room. Beautiful appointments, spacious, clean and spotless, huge bathroom with separate tub from shower and closed off w/c area. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, and the bed was comfy and clean. Our view was of the undeveloped mountainside to the north of the ski area and was fantastic, although we could also see the pool and a roof structure directly beneath us.

The service: room service was prompt, but pricey (is that a surprize to anyone?). We ate 3 meals in the restaruants and bars in the hotel and were very pleased. Sidecut was an especially enjoyable experience for us, but we are unrepentant carnivores.

The area: The Four Seasons is on the Blackcomb side of things, and is away from the main village. It was quiet and calm (but remember we went in mid March). We indulged in a 'whistler tasting tour' on our second night, which was a great way to 'scope out restaurants without having to have a full meal. Later we ate at three of the venues we visited on the tour. I would recommend the tasting tour to any first timer to Whistler; when else have you sliced off the top of a bottle of champagne with a sword?

The skiing: As this was our first ski venture ever, we have nothing with which to compare. I hate to gush but we had more fun in Whistler than on any other vacation. I will never seek out another wintertime beach holiday because skiing is so much fun. I recognize that the hotel has no affiliation with the mountain ski services, but our lessons were mroe than we expected. In 3 lessons they took us from being unable to stand on skis to comfortably skiing from the alpine to the bottom of both mountains. By the end of our vacation we were exploring the mountain together alone, top to bottom, and you wouldn't believe the grins. The ski concierge made the process of rental, pick up and drop off effortless, as they had a location at the base of Blackcomb and sent a team to Whistler at the end of the day so you could pop off the skis and hand 'em off to the attendants right there and then. We had to change equipment mid week and were allowed to so without additional charge.

The hotel operates a constant shuttle service around the villages which made getting around after a full day of skiing (and a full 2 hours of apres beers) easy and comfortable, although to be honest the villages are close enough in distance and elevation that you could easily walk everywhere along the pathways. (Again, keep in mind the mild weather in March at the base of the mountains).

I so wanted to return this year (2012) and lobbied hard for it, but the wife wants to see what skiing in Colorado is like. I suspect I'll be lobbying again in 2013.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Anaheim Hills, California, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Beautiful mountain resort with first class accomadations!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I was able to check in early, and settle in for a nap before the Gran Fondo finished. Once my husband finished the race we spent the afternoon by the pool. Absolutely lovely

Service at the pool was a little disappointing but otherwise everything was great!

Belleair, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This Four Seasons resort sets the bar high with regard to service and accomodations. Our room (suite) was spacious, well equiped, clean as a whistle and had a great view. Our room and turned down service could not have been more accomodating . It is not often you feel the need to coment on the valet service, but those guys were fantastic. Always a smile, nice conversation and truly gave the impression that they liked their jobs. Ditto for the concierge and all the service personnel. And I love the fact that this hotel is trying to do its part to "go green". Loved the recycle bin in the room. Hard to find something to offer in terms of criticism with the exception of the wine list in both the Bistro and Side Cut. Wine by the glass selection is weak and the wine by the bottle list needs a middle range. The "rub" concept at Side Cut is relatively new and thus needs a bit of experimentation and tweaking. Those of you who like to be in the fray during the daytime hours but have a little more peace and quiet for nightime hours - the location of this resort is great. A stones throw to the center of the village, but just off the beaten track enough so as to not be lodging in the heart of the hustle and bustle. Best kept secret - take a morning walk with your coffee into the village before 6 am and you will likely run into a bear or two feasting from one of the resort trash cans. Very smart bears. The trash bins are metal and have self closing locks. The smart bears have figured this out and use their paws just like a human would to help themselves to breakfast. But beware - never approach a mother bear and her cub. You will be their breakfast! If you are a golfer - the following courses are a must play - Chateau Whistler, Big Sky and Nicklaus North. Great golf and spectacular views.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank floridagolfgirl
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Whistler was planned as a romantic ski trip to get away for a few days. Unfortunately, we were unaware that we booked on a weekend in January when college weekend was being hosted in the village and we also were unaware that the weather sometimes leaves a bit to be desired at that time of the year. We weren't actually able to get on the mountain the entire weekend, because it rained!

Hotel and staff were terrific, in typical Four Seasons fashion. Ski shop (had we have been able to use it, was great. Delicious food in the restaurant and an perfect Pimm's Cup at the bar. My companion continues to talk about the waffle she had for breakfast each day we were there, as the best things she has ever had...

You get what you pay for and travel is no exception. Stay at Four Seasons if you're in Whistler.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit! The pool is heated year round and has a heated deck - lots of fun to relax...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple