“Beautiful hotel in Whistler”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have spent a long Thanksgiving week end with my wife at the Four Seasons hotel in Whistler. As usual for a Four Seasons , service is really at the top and the entire staff really try to treat you as special guest.
We booked a junior suite: room was very nice and clean even if you had the feeling that furniture were a little bit tired. We have been in several other Four Seasons in the World and this one is not the preferred ones but, to be very honest we cannot complain at all. We had a great dinner at the Sidecut restaurant, spend good time at the fitness center ( very nice equipments), enjoyed the room service ( always on time) in a very warm atmosphere.
So, you can find better FourSeasons hotel WW but this is probably the best hotel in town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank giogio42
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days for a conference.

Parking is a bit pricey at $35/day but the hotel and my suite are very nice, even if not right beside the ski lift, its a short walk anyway. Went for a walk to the main village, about a 10 min walk to take in the sights, probably the closest thing you can get to the European Alps in North America.

The hotel's outdoor heated pool and hot tub look truly inviting. The entire grounds are beautifully landscaped and the architecture of the main building fits well with the alpine surroundings.

Rooms are very comfortable, spacious, and clean and every room has a small balcony with a table and chairs and a view.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Expensive but your at a Four Seasons and should be expected given the service levels they strive for (and exceeded for me). Value worth the expense. Walking distance to everything. Staff was very accommodating, no matter what the request.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I spent a week at the Four Seasons in Whistler and absolutely loved my time there. I had been a little worried that the hotel would be inconvenient because on a map it looks so far away, but Whistler really isn't all that big and the hotel was an easy and lovely 10 or-so minute walk into the main part of town. That 10 minutes means you don't have to be in the middle of all the action all the time, so your sleep is undisturbed and it's only a quick hop across the street to the trails around Lost Lake.
The room was fantastic, lots of space for both of us, and beautifully decorated and maintained. We really enjoyed pool and the exercise classes, excellent instructor who could modify the class around our skill level.
The front desk staff were wonderful as well - lots of help when we were trying to organize a ride up to Cougar Mtn. to do the Ancient Cedars Trail, and relieved to see we'd made it back safely before dark.
Great location, great rooms, great staff - truly a beautiful hotel in all regards!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was fortunate to spend last weekend at Four Seasons Resort Whistler and walked away from the experience with nothing but praise for this luxurious establishment.

I was in Whistler for a girls' weekend and from the moment we first drove up to the resort, the staff were attentive and friendly. The lobby is warm and spacious, emanating the cozy feelings one would expect of a mountain resort of the Four Seasons' caliber.

Our stay was in one of the hotel's suites, complete with a separate living room, an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed in the bedroom, walk-out patio and a bathroom much larger than my kitchen at home. The room was fully stocked with coffee, water and L'Occitane bath amenities.

On our first evening, we dined at the hotel's famed restaurant, Sidecut (see my separate review) and during our first day, we visited the hotel's spa for some treatments. My girlfriend indulged in an après ski massage with hot rocks while I opted for the West Coast Body Scrub. The spa itself wrapped us in a calm atmosphere, sipping tea as we awaited our treatments. My specialist, Jackie, was friendly and gentle and even managed to work out a few of the knots in my back at the end of my treatment. I told her that she has "magic hands."

If I could point to one thing that sets Four Seasons Resort Whistler apart from other hotels is the attention to details. From the bowl of dog biscuits at the lobby's entrance and the stuffed toy given to each child staying at the hotel to the bottled water that the valet drivers leave in your car for the trip home, the staff at Four Seasons Resort Whistler truly know how to take care of their guests and anticipate their needs.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and am eagerly awaiting my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Located in the upper village of backcomb mountain, walking distance to the village but they do provide free shuttle. The room was great but the furniture for me was a bit outdated but maybe others will think differently. Service was great, the housekeeping came to our room to switch off the lights when we left the room for dinner. There is heated outdoor swimming pool with million dollars view.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The place to stay! A bit pricey, but well beyond others in service. Staff was excellent and the facilities are the best there is. Casual sophisticated elegance. Only real downside would be the location which is not hillside. Call and ask for the local rate if you hail from British Columbia or Washington.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family