“Memorable stay at the Four Seasons in Whistler”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Memorable stay at the Four Seasons in Whistler”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Four Seasons Whistler is in an excellent location at the bottom of Blackcomb mountain within minutes of the ski resort. Our family enjoyed many winter activities, incluing skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and dog-sleding. The staff at the hotel made us feel welcome and treated us like royalty. Our room was so warm and welcoming that we felt at home and did not want to leave. A truly memorable experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Beatrice M

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to our staff.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a Memorable experience, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Resort manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London W.8.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We arrived in Whistler for a conference and were scheduled to stay at The Westin. One word of advice. Don't. Desperate, we fell into the arms of the Four Seasons who scooped us up and managed to accommodate us for four nights. The staff are all amazing - how they manage to name check everybody is a mystery to me - are they hypnotised? Are they whipped if they fail? We felt completely spoiled by all these wonderful young things.

The room, itself, (we had a suite) was very comfortable if somewhat old fashioned. The whole place could probably do with some updating and maybe some curtains wouldn't go amiss. It's all a bit brown. I can never understand why hotels in ski resorts have to be so relatively drab. Perhaps their designers over here in North America should go and take a squint at the way it's done in Lech or Megeve - just a thought. The spa is terrific - all the treatments were excellent and the therapists were charming. I used the outdoor pool on a few occasions - it was truly a joy to swim in the cold air through the rising steam from the water. The shuttle bus back and forth to Whistler village (this hotel is in the Upper Village/Blackcomb) is very reliable and they also run a couple of courtesy cars. My husband managed to get to his conference at The Westin with no effort on each of the mornings.

I guess if you are a fiendishly keen early morning skier it may be more convenient to stay by the main lifts but, frankly, how miserable. The hotels all looked grim and I know from my extensive initial gander at the rooms we first encountered, they were more akin to my son's first year accommodation at university - and smelt much the same, too. I would heartily suggest being in the Upper Village - it's quieter and feels more sophisticated. And The Four Seasons, always in my view reliable, came up with the goods yet again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a high floor with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shellfire
Dear Shellfire

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to the way we handled your last minute hotel/accommodation change. Delighted also to learn the resort's services worked and came convenient when most needed. Thank you also for your constructive comments regarding the room décor,

We are indeed very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had an outstanding stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here with two friends and we had an amazing experience. Service was flawless!!! From the doorman upon arrival, to the front desk and concierge staff- everyone was so friendly and helpful. You could truly tell that they loved their jobs, and more importantly, actually wanted to be there.

Our room was very nice and spacious.....truly up to Four Seasons standards. Not a huge fan of the elimination of the mini bar- I get it's not a profit center, but feel that the convenience should be standard in a hotel of this caliber. I appreciate that room service will fill the mini bar with what I ask them to (for a charge), but that doesn't help my 2am craving for a soda or candy bar with instant gratification.

The evening smores by the fire were a welcome touch, and the wine tasting was very lovely as well. We checked out the pool/jacuzzi at night, and found a lovely spa staff there to cater to our needs, and make sure we had towels and drinks.

The concierge was super helpful with setting up a few fun activities.

The hotel is in the upper village, and not easy walking distance to the main town center, but the shuttle that runs in a constant loop with multiple stops more than makes up for this.

Sidecut was very good, with excellent breakfast and dinner. Room service was equally tasty and attentive.

I would highly recommend checking out this resort if visiting the Whistler area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Damien P

Thank you again for selecting the Four Seasons Resort Whistler as your vacation destination.

We do appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit with special mention to the resort's services and amenities.

We are indeed fortunate to have amongst our team members some of the most eager, committed and guest centric group of professionals. They will be extremely happy to read your comments and know their hard work contributed to another memorable resort experience.

On the same note and If you feel you had an Amazing stay and highly recommend us, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

We hope to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you again in a near future and thank you again for taking the time to express your pleasure over your recent visit.

Warmest regards

Resort Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had wonderful three four night stay. The hotel is beautiful and relaxed at the same time. Although my room faced the main street, I had a million dollar view from both bed and the living room.I thought both the shuttle and car service were wonderful and helpful. Staff at the hotel were warm & professional. I was surpised to see so many families staying at the hotel. I did enjoy the outdoor pools and hot tubs. I found it quiet during the week around 10am. There are nice touches such as a hot chocolate bar and a apres ski fire pit area. I had a wonderful time and would return in a heart beat. If I had to be picky I would suggest that the staff at the ski conceriege be more informative and on the ball, as hotel staff are. I found they were more interested in socializing than helping guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear duckworths5

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to the service levels and staff professionalism, the resort amenities and the pool areas..

On a different note my apologies for the service levels and overall staff awareness you encountered at the ski concierge, I'll make certain to share your insight with the team in order to improve and address the mentioned service deficiencies

Hampshire
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A great stay at the Four Seasons during heavy snowfall so excellent ski conditions. Booking was facilitated by the very efficient English manager Tony who went out of his way to advise us and help us choose and book the right room/suite for my husband and younger son. The sofa bed was made up promptly every evening and cleared away the next day. The suite was spotlessly clean, spacious and warm. Gorgeously comfortable beds and silky cotton sheets. Highlight of our day was quite superb breakfast - amazing fresh fruit, berries, waffles, hot food for those who wanted it. In fact, we were very disappointed by the food in Whistler generally (no delicious, cosy savoyard lunches as in the Alps and tragically - no gluhwein!!) so breakfast became a happy oasis as a culinary experience. The staff at b'fast (I remember Alfredo? in particular ) were so genuinely friendly and kind. We skipped the lift one day and took backstairs - ending up in the kitchen. No drama or annoyance ensued but an enthusiastic tour to see "where the magic happens" and an unforgettable glimpse of all the staff giggling as they did a morning wake up exercise routine! The Spa (great massage from Marcus) gym (excellent yoga class) and pool were heavenly - on our last day we swam in hot sunshine gazing onto the snowy mountain backdrop. Any queries re restaurants, directions etc were efficiently and speedily handled by the concierge. Hugely spoiling to be able to drop off skis as one swooped into the bottom of the Blackcomb run and then have a cheery gappie help remove those pesky boots in the conciergerie. So all in all, a fantastic place to stay in Whistler, highly recommended. Booked a few lessons for myself (as weakest family skier) with Whistler/Blackcomb. Super efficient service - and good teaching especially from Gary who was a star. Recommend a visit to the Squamish Native American museum in a beautiful building opposite the hotel and walking around the local lakes - quiet and very beautiful in snow and sun.

Room Tip: 7th floor was quiet and had lovely views over the pool to the valleys beyond
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear EK88

Thank you for staying with us and for choosing the Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler for your ski vacations. I was so pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the pristine ski conditions

Also pleased to read about your reservation experience and learn that Tony's assistance helped you to reserve the right accommodation for your family vacation. Thank you also for your note on Gary with Whistler Blackcomb, I will make certain he receives well merited recognition for his service efforts.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a "Faultless" stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

3rd time back here and it's easily the best ski resort hotel I've ever stayed at.
The staff are genuinely world class service level wise, the restaurant is great, spa and gym are very well done and the hot tubs perfect. For post ski beers with bar service.
Yet to visit anywhere better! Highly recommended .
Shuttle runs you to town, hotel cars for anywhere more obscure. Superb.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Andrew G
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Andrew G

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during another ski vacation.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams, They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a "World Class" stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to welcome you back and be of assistance if your vacation plans include another visit to the Four Seasons Resort and residences in Whistler

Doncaster
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have just returned from whistler and can say without any doubts that it is a great resort and we will definitely return in the future. However I think we would probably try a different hotel. The four seasons was great, fantastic staff, good location, great bar, very clean and the sideways restaurant was very good.....I know why not return?. It was great but good enough not to try somewhere else I am sorry I don't think so. We had a delux room with balcony and mountain views which was great but it didn't feel special, we were expecting more. We had a great time at the hotel and I am sure you would not be disappointed if you were staying here but for my money we would try the Fairmont next time because it just didn't do enough to make us believe we couldn't get a better deal at another hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated behind the Intrawest hotel so even though we paid for a delux mountain view ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DoncasterTomjo
Dear Doncaster Tomjo

Thank you for posting your feedback and comments. I am very sorry to learn you didn't find much value at the resort and I will be happy to speak with you personally to address specific areas of concern and why not try regain your trust in the brand and the Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler.

Your constructive feedback is much appreciated and I'm glad to hear you loved the Bar and Sidecut restaurant.

Leave you now with my renewed apologies for the above mentioned and looking forward to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Resort Manager