“Fabulous resort in Fabulous Whistler”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great rooms, great facilities, and an absolutely great staff. I would highly recommend staying at this property. The serving staff were all top notch, and checking in and out was a breeze. The town iteself is lovely with lots to do and see.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear GrandLinWPG

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during your Whistler vacation.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams, They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a "Top Notch" stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to welcome you back and be of assistance when your vacation plans include another visit to the Four Seasons Resort and Residences in Whistler

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Four Seasons is pretty well everything that you would expect from an upscale hotel in a prestige location such as Whistler. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with all the facilities typical of a 5-star hotel.
The hotel has a quiet vibe and is decorated in a typical mountain style with lots of exposed rock and timber. Accordingly, it is best suited to those looking for a more relaxed ambience.
The staff are particularly friendly and helpful, they really add to the quality of the accommodation.
One other piece of credit is the availability of free WiFi for 2 devices per room. Faster access is available for $20 per day, but the free service is perfectly adequate for emails and downloading web pages etc.
The hotel is located a considerable distance from Whistler Village, it's not quite enough to justify driving and paying for parking, but it is a 15 minute walk if you want to have dinner or drinks in the village. .Of all the major hotels, the Four Seasons is probably the furthest from the centre of the village.
One other comment is the cost of parking. The hotel only offers valet parking (there is no self- parking) and this costs $39 per day. Frankly, I think this is excessive.

Room Tip: If you like rooms with a view, ask for one on a higher floor overlooking the village of Whistler. Ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mark S

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during your vacation.

We much appreciate your feedback both costructive about the daily parking fee and the very positive one about the team in general. I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams and I/m sure they will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a great stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon- and it was so wonderful on every level. The staff were so helpful and courteous, greeting us by name and helping us pick the best activities and restaurants. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the grounds are, as well. Of course, as any Four Seasons would- the rooms are very nice and always cleaned well. We hope to go back as soon as we can :) highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Eva B

Thank you for staying with us during your honeymoon and for sharing your very positive resort experience .

On the same note and If you feel you had a great experience , we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance when your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to stay at this hotel while away for a weekend conference. We had never brought our 5 year old daughter with us before but a "kids club" was offered and it sounded like a great opportunity. While our expectations were met and exceeded by the end of our weekend.

Upon arrival our little one was offered a box of stuffed animals to choose from during check in, once we got up to our room we had barely taken in how beautiful the room was when there was a knock at the door. I figured they made quick work of bringing up our luggage but the door was not for us, in came a very nice lady who presented my our daughter with a giant custom made cookie with her name on it. I won't give everything away here but trust me, that was only the beginning and our daughter had as great a time as we did all weekend. We were very happy with the girls in charge of "kids club" they went out of their way to ensure all of the kids were having fun and us parents didn't have a thing to worry about.

It is obvious that customer service is paramount at this hotel, you can't pass anyone in this hotel from the valets upon arrival to cleaning staff without being offered help. I heard the same thing from many people who were attending the conference this past weekend. There was also a consistent theme about the rooms all weekend, everyone I spoke with loved their room particularly the layout, very comfortable beds, even the pull out was not too bad and turn down service each night is a bonus.

The only grip I heard about was the fact that there is no simple coffee shop where you could get a coffee to go real quick. You had to get take out from the restaurant and it is very pricey.

Overall we left the hotel feeling great and would certainly look at another Four Seasons on our next trip based on the level of service and the accommodations offered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Weekend_Warrior604
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Weeked Warrior

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during your Whistler conference.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams, They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay and your child. As a parent myself that part of the experience is paramount and the team here is really keen in ensuring the little ones feel at "home away from home"

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel completely was above and beyond my expectations. The rooms were clean and immaculate. All the staff were extremely pleasant and ready to serve you. The poo/ spa area is gorgeous and I could spend my whole weekend there. It's walking distance from the village which is a bonus!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sadie P

Dear Sadie P

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your very positive resort experience .

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having stayed in the village for a few days, I was really looking forward to the Four Seasons service that we had hoped would be different to the rest of Whistler resort, where most people were there on a working holiday. Unfortunately for us, we arrived the day after the hotel had been bought out for a private function for a few days and so when we checked in, everyone on the staff seemed very clueless as to whether they were back to "full, normal service" and every time their excuse was that they had just been bought out, please bear with me. I mean, everyone had very nice manners and all, but when the fourth person on the phone asks us to please hold whilst they check to see if they are back on full, normal service, our patience was tried. It was also very disappointing that the day we arrived was the last day of their "ski season" and so ski concierge, ski shuttle and s'mores afternoons that everyone else raved about were cancelled. Our decision to move to the four seasons was based mostly on these things.... But sadly we got none of it. Maybe they should have sent out a memo to manage guest expectations and also let their staff know how to respond without seeming to be unprofessional. We were however, fortunate to get our rooms in the morning, before the check in time of 4pm, which I am very grateful for. We also managed to join the complimentary wine tasting at the bar during our stay.

Anyway, buy out aside, the hardware was great, the lobby was cosy with nice touches here and there. The room was nice, comfortable and big with a sizeable walk in closet, perfect for storing our ski clothes and boots. Cleaning and turn down service were of good standard. The resort car was mostly available for us within 10-15mins and the drivers were usually friendly. Concierge was helpful and tried their best, given the situation, to assist in other ways. The hot tub(s) (not 1, but 3!) were glorious and spa well equipped. Again, we expected to get a daily yoga / fitness class that was advertised, but we found (after lots of excuses about how she was not usually sat at spa desk and she had to check etc....) somehow that the next class was on our day of departure.

During our stay, we had dinner at sidecut which cost nearly the same price as our room rate. But we had a ginormous meal and had leftover steak to make sandwiches the next day. It was worth it. Our waitress was a real star of our stay and she was excellent at her job and I wish I could remember her name because she really deserves a mention. We were too full for dessert and she arranged for them to be sent up to our rooms to be consumed at our leisure.

I would definitely recommend and stay at the four seasons again. Hopefully our bad experience was a one off and for the price and quality of the rooms, I would do it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuperSLondon

Dear SuperSLondon

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to provide your comments and please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear your issues as this is not typical of the service we are known for. I have passed your feedback on to the team to ensure that your concerns are addressed and the issues resolved.

I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and please find my contact information below.

With renewed apologies,

Resort Manager
Afonso.Cunha@fourseasons.com
604-902 16 19

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed here 4 times and the staff have always been first class. There is a great choice at breakfast buffet. The rooms are large and comfortable. The bathroom is large but has a relatively small bath but good shower. We ate in the bar a couple of evenings and the food was good and generous portions. We ate in the Side Cut one evening and while the meal was first class the service was slow and expensive compared to other venues in the town. That said after we complained complementary desserts were provided. Not ideal but impressed about the way they handled it. The ski concierge service is first class and extremely welcoming. We also tried the spa on a couple of occasions for several treatments which were great. All this said the thing that stands out for me is the genuine interest all the staff exude in all their guests. A. Wry enjoyable stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Michael G.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your very positive resort experience.

Also and on a different note my sincerest apologies for your dinning experience and the slow service during the dinner at Sidecut, but happy to read about the recovery efforts. I hope this experience didn't tarnished the impression you have of the restaurant and the brand in general.

Your experience and preferably a very good one is what the team consistently aims for and do rest assured that I'll share your feedback with the them and utilise it as a valuable training tool.