“Perfect Winter Honeymoon”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Corby, United Kingdom
“Perfect Winter Honeymoon”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Four Season's Resort in Whistler for our honeymoon. From arrival to departure the service was first class. We quickly accustomed to a different level of luxury on our winter holiday, question now is how will we ever go back? Location was great, just minutes away from Blackcomb Mountain (which was our favourite side) and the Ski Concierge, wow! We had a room upgrade on arrival to a suite which was huge, very different to European styling but still lovely. Drinking cocktails in the heated pool during a snow storm was magical, and we made the most of the yoga classes and gym too. Nothing to fault our stay, it was just perfect, thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Sayle28

Thank you for staying with us during the winter holidays and for sharing your very positive resort experience with special remarks to your pool/gym experience..

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance when your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Resort manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Arriving at this resort you instantly realise how special this place is.

Great staff and helpful and super friendly!

Pool was lovely and staffed well, service was great and delivering frozen fruit was a lovely touch to cool you down.

3 choices of chilled water with a touch of fruit twist was very refreshing and the way the staff set up your sun beds is great!

Rooms and accommodation are well appointed and the use of wood and stone is certainly well done!

Highly recommended!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jonathan U

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your very positive resort experience with special remarks to your pool experience..

On the same note and If you feel you had a great experience , we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel was certainly the highlight in accommodation on our group tour. The suite like accommodation was fabulous and we appreciated good air conditioning in the above expected temperatures. The furnishings were tasteful as was the decor in all areas, staff friendly and the scenery beautiful. Only wish we had a longer stay there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kathy C

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for staying with us during your Whistler visit.

We much appreciate your feedback and I'll make certain to share your comments with the teams, They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had a "Top Notch" stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to welcome you back and be of assistance when your vacation plans include another visit to the Four Seasons Resort and Residences in Whistler

Vancouver
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the four seasons for a quick getaway this weekend. Hotel was great from start to finish. Great service at the valet and front desk. Lobby smelled amazing by the way! Our room was facing the mountains and very spacious with a balcony. Not all rooms come with a balcony so make sure you request it if you need one. Overall very well appointed and relaxing. Pool was very small and staff there were a little slow, but very friendly nonetheless, which is most important.

Stayed July 2014
Dear crrrlysu

Newfoundland and Labrador
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this beautiful resort for 5 days while attending a conference at the nearby Fairmont Chateau Whistler. I had requested an early check in, and this was accommodated, with great efficiency. My room was gorgeous and beyond spacious, and it was not even the highest room category. I had requested and received a full balcony, which had a beautiful view of the residences next door. The price I got through booking.com was extremely reasonable. The only small thing was that I asked whether or not the room was paid for on check in, as I had used the office credit card through the booking.com website and I was told it was paid in full. I discovered on checkout that this wasn't the case, as booking.com just reserves the room and the rate. Not a big deal, but it meant I had to question the bill on my personal card when I checked out.

The pool area was not large, and on two of the sunny afternoons I went to get a lounger I had to wait as they were all taken. I didn't expect there to be so many people there as I guess I think of Whistler as a winter destination. The good news is that staff took names and policed the loungers very well. They also had towels and lounger "covers" with rolled up towels as pillows that were very lovely. Service was excellent by the pool - there was an extensive drinks menu and a lovely snack menu as well. The down side was that the drinks in particular were extremely expensive. Nearly $20 for a margarita including tax and tip! One staff member took the time to learn my name and greeted me personally on each return visit which was lovely. Be prepared to hear a lot of accents - a lot of Brits and I was told that the staff was 60% Aussie. I don't know how these kids can survive with the cost of everything - Whistler is many things, but cheap isn't one of them!

I had room service on several occasions and it was good, but again very pricey. I also did not find that there was much selection on the menu.

I used the car service regularly and the drivers were always lovely. The vehicles are Mercedes SUVs which looked like they were just driven out of the lots. Not only did they drive me anywhere I wished to go, they also gave me a card and picked me up as well. Exceptional service to have. The only negative I experienced was that when there were several people waiting for a car I was told that the walk to the lower village on the road would only be 10 minutes. Based on that I walked during a very hot part of the day in inappropriate clothes and footwear for what turned out to be more of a half hour walk each way. This ended up costing me an evening out due to heat exhaustion and blisters.

The high point of this resort, besides the absolutely beautiful rooms, was the service. Everyone, from the concierge to the housekeepers, were friendly and professional. I was greeted by every staff member I met, including the lady cleaning the elevator. The resort is impeccably clean and welcoming. I spent most of my days at the Fairmont attending a conference and I found it much busier, and not nearly as beautiful or welcoming.

As an aside, if you do travel to Whistler, do not miss dinner at Araxis, the Gordon Ramsey restaurant in the lower Village. It was incredible.

I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Feckless
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Feckless

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to the staff, the guest rooms and the pool service.

As I mentioned in previous responses, we are indeed very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

On the same note and If you feel you had an outstanding stay, we would appreciate if you could score us a ten (10) when filling out the electronic survey that you will receive shortly.

Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Whistler.

Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Driving up from Vancouver airport along the Sea to Sky highway that hugs the coast line to Whistler, the views just get more spectacular. The property nails the ""ski lodge" feel, and, like Cheers, 'everybody knows your name.' I may be a little cynical, but it was a nice training touch. Located in the Upper Village, it is only a 10-12 minute walk to the center along an easy loop. We dined on the main Lounge patio first night and thoroughly enjoyed Joey 's interaction as our server. Second night we considered a town favorite, but decided we had not had enough of Joey and were lucky to have him again. A bit lumpy bed, but great views, attentive staff and a perfect vibe.

Room Tip: Request mountain view room. They are very accommodating.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seetheworld360
afonso c, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Seetheworld360

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to Joey and the overall service levels..

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all Joey and the rest of the team. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nice big room, the beds are super comfortable and it's only a 10 minute walk from the village, really enjoyed the pool in the hot summer temperatures. Lovely staff and really enjoyed our two day stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RMR1985
Dear RMR 1985

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with special remarks to your accommodation and the pool

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.