“Everything you would want in a hotel”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Los Angeles, California
“Everything you would want in a hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I booked the Four Seasons at Whistler for 5 days of snowboarding. This hotel is amazing, unbelievable and truly lived up to every one of my expectations on this trip.

I booked the one bedroom suite which had a huge bathroom and separate 3/4 bath and living room. The room was elegant yet comfortable.

Service was impeccable. Every staff member was cordial, polite and attended to every needs imaginable. The little touches offered by the hotel are great .. the hot chocolate, the music, the lights in the courtyard, 24 hour fitness.

In Whistler, there are two mountains: Blackcomb and Whistler The hotel is closest to Blackcomb but it requires a 5 minute walk to the ski lifts. The Ski Concierge which is located directly in front of Blackcomb Mountain is very convenient if you're renting skis/snowboards.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2009

stayed 10 nights in a large double executive suite

poor restaurant and service ... awful room service ... inflexible ski concierge ... terrible outdoor hot tubs ... well below mediocre spa ... in-room internet only worked a third of the time ... old fashion, lo-def in-room TV's

didn't deliver the standard that I look forward to when staying at a Four Seasons resort

I recommend that you look elsewhere

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank wpcmba
Issaquah, Wa
Reviewed 7 February 2009

We just arrived home from a 5 night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler. Our room 724 a Premier View was exceptionally nice. An enormous bath with deep soaking tub, separate glass walled shower, double vanity with granite countertop, separate water closet. An equally enormous walk in closet perfect for all the cloths and gear one brings on a ski vacation. Two fabulous beds with down comforter, a bar with refrigerator that the hotel would gladly stock for a very luxurious price. The sitting area featured a dining table for two, sofa, coffee table and gas fireplace. An armoire concealed a television and DVD player. We even had a private lanai with dining table and two chairs.

I am not sure I would call the view Premier. Yes you could see the mountains, the ski slopes up very high, a glimpse of the Peak to Peak Gondola and the parking lot of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.

The service was incredible. My skis, poles and boots were removed from the car the moment we arrived. I was told they would be waiting for me at the ski concierge by morning. Next morning I wore my comfortable after ski boots and walked the 300 or so paces to the bottom of Blackcomb and the ski concierge, my ski boots had been warmed, my equipment was ready and off I went. At the end of the day, the ski concierge collects everything gave me back my after ski boots and I headed for the hot tub. The great service continued. When I arrived I asked for on the rocks glasses and martini glasses for the bar. Not only were they delivered immediately they also came with cloth cocktail napkins. Breakfast room service was delivered at the exact time promised. As were afternoon snacks. Twice daily housekeeping kept everything tidy. Even the overnight shoeshine was great. Best of all the staff was friendly and eager to please.

The food at 5280 Bistro was very good. Excellent salmon and sturgeon. The menu was probably a little limited.

When I made reservations at the Four Seasons I was torn between it and the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Gold Level. I am sure the service is very similar at both properties although the Fairmont Gold does include breakfast and appetizers in the afternoon. Given the nightly rate is about the same between the two properties, possibly a little higher at the Four Seasons, the included meal service at the Fairmont versus the $85 room service breakfast for two at the Four Seasons does make the Fairmont a better deal. Ultimately I chose the Fours Seasons because of the much larger rooms. My room was almost 600 square feet versus less than 400 square feet at the Fairmont Gold Level.

I was very happy with the Four Seasons but must admit the Fairmont has some nice features: Live entertainment at the Mallard Lounge every afternoon and evening; A ski in ski out location offers easier mountain access and better mountain views; An abundance of shopping for the non-skiers in the group. On the other hand, you can stay at the Four Seasons for the rooms and walk over to enjoy the entertainment and shopping at the Fairmont. When you return to the Four Seasons, you will find a much quieter hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Notts UK
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Just got back from an 11 night stay at the Four Seasons Whistler and am missing the turn down service, hot tubs and ski concierge already.

We booked a moderate room and it far exceeded expectations. It was huge and had a balcony which we wasn't expecting. The bathroom was fab and the gas log-effect fire added a special touch.

The service couldn't be better, especially ski concierge. Everyone was so friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The shuttle to the village was quick and reliable so the distance from the village is not a problem at all.

One of the highlights of our stay was the seafood night in the 5280 Bistro. For $68 it was all you can eat seafood, including lobster, king crab, scallops, oysters etc. The price included soup and dessert so was an absolute bargain. And absolutely delicious!!

I would go again tomorrow if I could....

• Liked — ski concierge and the seafood night
  • Disliked — That it will probably be out of my price range the next time I visit Whistler
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We have recently returned from a stay in the Four Seasons Whistler for our honeymoon and we were very impressed with the hotel.

We had a superior room, which was well appointed and comfortably decorated. Indeed the entire hotel is nicely decorated- high end but not too stuffy, which feels right for the resort.

The hotel is located outside of the village- a good 15 min walk unless you avail of the free shuttle which runs every 10 to 15 mins. Personally we liked the fact that we were a little bit away from the hustle and bustle especially as we were visiting over Martin Luther weekend and the village was packed with rowdy kids.

We were particularly impressed by the service we received from the four seasons. All staff were amazingly friendly and efficient- especially in ski concierge and on the door and shuttle.

The amenities were excellent- lovely spa area, and the martini's in the bar were excellent.

We did not dine at the hotels restaurant but did eat in the bar on our arrival night, and we were not blown away by the menu or the food- if we hadn't been so tired we would have gone elsewhere. Whilst the food was nice it was not great- and it is rather steeply priced. We also had breakfast one day in the hotel $30 for the full buffet, and again were not blown away by it and chose to get bagels from the village every other day (for $7!) as we much preferred them. This is the only reason that we have not given the hotel 5 stars, but would definitely return.

• Liked — The excellent service
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2008

This was an amazing hotel. Clean property. Great service. The staff was attentive and made you feel special. The on-site restaurant was truly amazing. The spa and massage left me speechless. While pricy, you get what you pay for. This is a great place for anyone willing to pay a little more to get the best. enjoy.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank scooterNNJ
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I love skiing at Whistler, and when I go I love staying at the Four Seasons. This hotel is very close to the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains - you can either take the hotel's shuttle or walk about 10-15 minutes. The hotel has a lodge feel, but in a very sophisticated and modern manner (which is representative of the Four Seasons). The rooms are tastefully decorated in wood and cool earth tones, and beautifully furnished. My room had a wonderful balcony, and though it was too cold to stay out there too long, it was a nice place to enjoy the crisp fresh air and view. Service at the hotel is fabulous, and one of the best parts is their ski concierge service. At the base of each mountain, the Four Seasons has a tent area where you can drop off your ski (or snowboard) equipment, which they will take back to the hotel and have ready for you for the next morning when you are ready to hit the slopes again. This is great as it allows you to enjoy a beer and snack at an apres ski in Whistler Village. Speaking of drinks/food, the bar at the hotel is a lovely place to have a cocktail after a long day of skiing, and Fifty Two 80 Bistro does a wonderful dinner.

This is my go-to hotel in Whistler and I will be back for the next ski season!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple