Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$410
  • Breakfast included
US$379
US$366
  • Restaurant
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$432
US$282
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$357
  • Restaurant
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$165
Legends(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$275
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$332
US$428
US$398
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$296
Priceline
2,882 results
All reviewsski conciergesidecut restaurantwalk in closetcar servicehot chocolate and cookiesexecutive suiteupper villageturn down servicefire pitskis and bootsbeautiful resortluxury hotelend of the dayblackcomb basesteam roomski resortapres ski
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Pros: Great room, amazing bed, spacious bathroom, excellent pool and spa, free wifi (no connection charge), ski concierge is awesome - just ski up give them everything and walk away! Restaurant did an amazing seafood buffet - pricey but excellent quality.
Cons: a bit of a distance from the village but there is a shuttle constantly running between hotel, ski concierge and village so no great hassle. Its actually only about a 5-7 minute walk to the village but the cold means you only walk it if sunny.
One thing I was a little put off by was on our arrival we were offered an upgrade to a 2 bathroom suite for $70 per night (we had booked a deluxe room I think), as we were both very tired I wasn't at my sharpest but managed to haggle them down to $50 per night and took it. Was a shame they didnt just upgrade us as the hotel was quite empty but hey they're not in it for the fun of it. If offered it haggle big time!
Also, dont use their in house ski hire place its twice the price of hire opposite the ski-concierge!

2  Thank hawkipa
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We have been taking ski vacations for years, mostly in Colorado, and this was our best hotel experience so far. The weather and skiing is another issue, but...this is a hotel review so I'll focus on that. First of all, most of the staff was wonderful. Yes, there were a few lapses (thus not the perfect score), but it's hard to compare a ski hotel to a big city top hotel in terms of service. More often than not, they really tried and even if something was missed they were quick to take care of it as soon as reminded. We found the biggest weakness in service to be among the shuttle drivers. Most were fine, but there were a couple who were not particularly friendly or helpful, and didn't seem to know their way around too well, which resulted in some wrong information being given to us. What I love about Four Seasons, which is especially important when traveling with children, is that you get what you book - maybe sometimes an upgrade, but certainly nothing less. So often we will have guaranteed connecting rooms or two room suites and show up at another nice hotel and be told "sorry" This never happens with Four Seasons and the entire check in process is very easy. Housekeeping was excellent. There were a couple of days I was not feeling well enough to ski and they were very accommodating in servicing our room around my schedule. We had a two bedroom executive suite, which was extremely comfortable for a family. The living room part of the suite had a small refrigerator which was great for some cold drinks. The children's room was a good distance from the living room, so it allowed for a great deal of quiet and privacy for both parents and children. The ski concierge was incredible. We have stayed at many hotels that offer this service, but this by far was the best ever. It more than made up for not being a ski-in/ski-out property. In fact, we liked it better as we were able to drop off our skis, change into our shoes and then be free to do what we wanted without having to go back to our room. It is a very comfortable building they have right at the base where they will have your equipment ready for you. At the end of the day you drop your skis with someone waiting at the bottom of the ski run, and then walk a few feet where you can be seated very comfortably while taking your boots off. There are plenty of people to have and a large room with plenty of seating, water, etc. They also sell lift tickets and lessons in this location, so none of the running around that is typical at most other resorts. Upon check-in at the hotel, they even transfer your skis - and ski rental, if needed, is in the hotel itself - to the concierge location with everything unpacked and ready to go for you when you're ready to ski. Same thing at the back end. It is a very pleasant walk from the hotel up to the ski concierge location. As a value, rates seemed to drop a bit this year, and in comparison to our experiences in Colorado, we found the Four Seasons a great value in that we have paid more for lesser hotels/condos at other resorts. If we were to return to Whistler again, without a doubt we would stay here. We will also look forward to when a Four Seasons finally opens in CO, and based on this experience will be quick to book there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie92
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Let me start by saying that I am a frequent traveler, and frequent many hotels from top notch, to low end. When staying at a hotel like the Four Seasons, one must have much higher expectations than a one star motel. I provide my review as such.

Rooms: A

The rooms are excellent, and super clean. You feel as if you are staying in a brand new room. The layout is great, and the bathrooms are amazing. I loved the showers and it was tough to get to get out of the comfy bed. My only complaint was the 1986 television set. The fireplace and balcony were great.

Staff: F

None of the staff was helpful at any point in the trip. The front desk staff was rude from the initial check-in. Concierge was a joke, and not helpful. I am a low maintenance traveler, and the few times I needed concierge, they were not helpful and somewhat rude to be honest. I asked for basic stuff, restuarant menus, directions, tours, and the hotel did not help me. Each person I spoke with had an attitude, and it made me forget that I was a guest at a 4 seasons hotel.

Pool: A

The pool and spa areas were top notch as expected. People were swimming and we loved the jacuzzi and spa. They served drinks right up to the hot tub, which was nice. There are nice mountain views from the pool area.

Location: I thought the location was excellent. It was just a couple of minutes outside the main village, and gave it more a private, secluded feeling. The shuttles are very frequent and it is only a 3 minute shuttle trip. The shuttle is a small bus, not a Cadillac Escalade like they said when I called, which is also on their website.

Value: D-
When paying top notch prices, you expect top notch everything, specifically service. The service was not good. While the rooms and hotel were indeed incredible, the service did not match. Therefore, I do not recommend this hotel. I would suggest trying a nearby hotel. If you do not care about service or prices, then this hotel might be a good fit for you.

Suggestions: Check out their website for deals, especially in the summer. I found a package which gave me one night free.

Check out the Fairmont Chateau.

Make sure you purchase the right shuttle tickets which travel direct to Whistler. I can't remember what the tickets are called. The hotel didn't mention this to me, but we had to stop 15 times, and the 4 seasons was the last stop. It took 5 hours to get to our hotel, without any traffic. When I told the front desk staff about our tiresome journey throughout downtown vanouver, and stopping at every hotel, they said "Oh, that doesn't sound like fun."

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WakeChmp
Reviewed 10 April 2009

We had a tough descision between the chateau and the FS but I think we definelty made the right choice! We were worried it might be a little too far away, but in reality its exceptionally close to everything and the shuttle service was fantastic.

Check in was easy, we got a special rate on an upgrade (they even included the 3 for 2 rate) and the suite was fabulous. Ski concierge were great, they did forget to tune my partners skis on the first day but did do it complimentary on the second. I would recommend not hiring any ski gear from them as the shop across from the concierge is much much cheaper.

Shuttle bus was great, but does only run until 2245. The only time we were out later than that the hotel sent a car to collect us, so that was nice.

Spa and hot tubs were amazing, the chocolate brownies at the pool were lovely and the massages great.

Didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu looked lovely.

We did stop for drinks a couple of times in the Chateau and it does definelty look outdated when compared to the FS. I would not hesistate to return. Great hotel!

1  Thank LABMXH
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Returning to the Four Seasons in Whistler after several years we were not disappointed. The hotel appearance is as fresh as ever and a general feeling of spaciousness and high quality fittings prevails.

Our One Bedroom Premier Suite featured a huge living room and a fully equipped kitchen which my wife found particularly useful at lunchtime. A minor drawback of the suite is a dearth of shelf space.

The ski concierge and spa services remain best in class.

Whilst the hotel is structurally superb, it continues to suffer from what appears to be, for a Four Seasons, an unusually itinerant workforce resulting in a much less polished performance than one is accustomed to.
This is most obvious at breakfast in the restaurant 5280, in the turndown service and on the concierge desk, with the exception of the excellent head concierge Hana Lynn. Management's plan to merge the front desk and concierge services seems out of touch and devalues the skills of a Clefs d'Or concierge.

This otherwise remains a great hotel which we look forward to revisiting.

1  Thank twoginsonetonic