“Stop at the Wal-Mart in Squamish”
Review of The Grocery Store

The Grocery Store
Ranked #40 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Whistler's original full service Grocery Store located in the heart of the village, close to the lifts, hotels and shops. Fresh baked goods, in-house prepared meals and snacks, organic produce, quality meats, and artisan cheeses. Stop in for everything that you need and a few things that you'll want!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Over priced. Over priced. If you bypass the Wal-Mart in Squamish then at least go to the IGA in Whistler Village. The Grocery Store is over priced and the selection is very limited.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

You really have no choice but to shop here if you're car less. It's well set out, lots of choice for size of store and the fresh produce is excellent but believe me you're paying for it!. The staff can be indifferent up to very good depending on time of day and whose working.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Good deals on food for sure. I was pleasantly surprised at the prices. I've been to many ski villages and I'm usually disappointed with the prices. This place is priced very fair and well stocked. It has just about anything you need. Don't bother bringing stuff from home and tormenting yourself with packing another bag. Shop local and enjoy the fair prices.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Its located right at the square and is quite huge. Open from 0800hrs till 2300hrs. A full fledge supermarket in the heart of Whistler Village have fresh stuff can and tin products made locally and many international brands. They have freshly baked bakery items, poultry and livestock, flowers and fruits, dairy products, sauces and add ons, and many more stuff…. Service at the counter is quick by the friendly staff. You looking for something you definitely can hop in to grab.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

So if I could have, I would have packed so many staples and saved purchases here only for fresh food, although now that I know there's an IGA it would behoove me to check that out for value. I found this grocery store to be really frustrating. Cramped aisles, high prices, long lines, and people who seemed to be wandering aimlessly as they shopped created many a traffic jam. We felt we had no choice if we were going to cook our own breakfasts and have snacks on hand....but again....time to check out the IGA, and perhaps bring along a few jars of jams, peanut butter, etc. I don't mind paying a premium for great food. I do mind being ripped off, but hey....they seem to be able to charge these high prices for basics, so power to them I guess!