We stayed five nights over the holidays at this hotel. The location was convenient within the Village, and very close to ski lifts. We had a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids aged 10 and 13) in a Queen Loft Suite. The room was clean, had a nice layout with decent decor though it was a bit cramped with limited floor space to put things and move around. It was good to have 2 bathrooms in the room however they were not well maintained. Sofa Bed was comfortable enough for the kids and easy to pull out compared to others we've seen. They had two TV's, one upstairs and one downstairs, both of which were a good size, well positioned and in good working order.
Overall we were satisfied with our stay, however we found there were a few too many annoyances and small problems with this hotel and the rooms:
- the bathrooms were in need of some maintenance and updating...lower bathtub drain would not close, upper bathroom ceiling fan did not work, both showers' water temperature kept changing from hot to cold, and there was limited counter and rack space in upper bathroom to store toiletries and hang towels.
- maid service did not replenish toiletries and coffee so had to phone to replenish them,
- door keys often took multiple swipes before it would work, especially the one to get into the ski storage room
- elevator was extremely slow (there was only one so we waited 5-10 minutes when busy), so we ended up using stairs most of the time to walk up and down to the 4th floor when we didn't have ski boots on.
- kitchen area was well equipped and laid out, but toaster didn't work well and fridge temperature was difficult to control.
- room temperature was a bit too warm especially in the loft, making sleeping a bit uncomfortable though the bed itself was comfortable enough
- fireplace looked nice but didn't seem to generate very much heat
- wireless internet is provided but seemed a bit slow
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mountain Side Hotel is a famous ski lodge in the heart of Whistler Village. Operated by Executive Hotels and Resorts, this hotel is perfect for pleasure-seekers and boasts Whistler's best location. Our Mountain Side lodge style rooms are set back from the village with a stunning outdoor pool and Jacuzzi deck offering outstanding views of both Blackcomb and Whistler mountains. This Whistler BC boutique hotel is where high style meets serenity where beautiful people retreat to in seclusion and comfort with the dazzling Whistler Mountain as its backdrop and the celebrity chef driven restaurant, Trattoria, by Umberto Menghi and Whistler's hottest après ski lounge on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Side Hotel Whistler by Executive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.