“Stunning”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We took the two hour alpine landing tour and all we can say is WOW!

Fantastic views of mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, lakes, forests .........absolutely stunning the whole trip! The landing on Phantom Lake was so smooth and we parked up, got out and paddled in the lake and just sat and gazed at the view in awe! With hindsight we should have taken a bottle of champagne and toasted the scenery!

Captain Daren very very informative and obviously passionate about his job and with nature.

We loved it and urge everyone to try and do one flight to see Whistler from above which is a darn sight more calm than it is on the ground!

Visited August 2014
HarbourAirSeaplanes, custoemr care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear JaynePiper,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience on our Whistler Alpine Landing tour. I am thrilled to hear that you loved every minute of your tour and that Daren made it even more memorable for you. I will make sure to pass your comment on to him. Again, thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you on board for more adventures soon!

Melbourne Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Flight from Whistler to Vancouver”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We caught the train up from Vancouver in the morning and decided to take a scheduled flight back at 6pm that day so we could have more time in Whistler.
While the train trip was nice, it was nothing compared with the flight.
We had lovely sunny weather which helped considerably.
We had been expecting a quick flight down the coast with not a lot to see, but how wrong we were.
We flew over lakes, fjords and mountains, landing right in downtown Vancouver Harbour with the most amazing views all the way.
Our pilot was very focussed on his task while being attentive to his passengers.
The flight lasted about 40 minutes with a free shuttle pick-up provided from downtown.
An amazing end to a lovely day in Whistler.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank prahran
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Prahan,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for sharing your beautiful photos with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and how much they enjoy the service we love to provide and appreciate the gorgeous natural environment we live in. We look forward to welcoming you again for another unforgettable experience!
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Alpine Lake Landing”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked a scenic flight including a landing on an Alpine lake. The trip was from the beginning to the end just wonderful, breathtaking and I was almost speechless about the scenery. We have seen the Garibaldi and the Tantalus area before landing on Phantom lake with about 30 minutes time to walk around. It was one of the best travel experiences which we had in our life. For sure, it comes with a price, but you do it just once in your lifetime and you wont regret it. Promise.

Visited June 2014
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Torsten,
We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the Alpine Lake Landing tour. This is a beautiful tour with amazing views and I am delighted your family got to experience it. We look forward to welcoming you again soon for more adventures!
Sydney, Australia
435 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Best views of the mountains”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have only done one other air tour so I don't have much to compare to but from this experience I think it is one of the best ways to see Whistler's surroundings. The views are fantastic and the sights you see aren't ones you could trek to even if you wanted to. Taking off and landing on the water is an incredibly smooth. Landing I didn't even feel the plane hit the water and I think it adds to the novelty of the experience. It's a small plane so there is a fair amount of noise but the headphones you are given are good at cancelling it and I found the windows to be clear and clean enough to get great pics.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank IOGWFH
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear IOGWFH,
Thank you very much for the 5-star review and for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor readers. It is wonderful to hear you’ve enjoyed your flight and the magnificent views of the Whistler mountains it provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back for more adventures!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“This is one for "The Bucket List"”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm astonished to find this experience listed at No.33 on the tripadvisor list of things to do in Whistler. This is a fantastic experience for young and old alike. To take off from and land on water is a truly unique. My son did this many years ago in Vancouver and I have been waiting for the chance to do it ever since. My tour manager advised me to wait until I got to Whistler and am I glad I did. The Spectacular Glacier Trip is really something else. I was collected from my hotel by mini-bus and dropped back afterwards. Don't wait until you are old like me: Do it now!!!

Visited May 2014
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Whistler Air, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear ericBournemouth,
I would like to thank you very much for including Whistler Air in your vacation plan and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We love hearing from our guests and how much they enjoyed their experience with us. We hope you had a great time in Whistler and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!