“Love these guys!!”

Ranked #11 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Experience MEXICO in Whistler! Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Serving tasty food from ancient civilizations.
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
“Love these guys!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Soo... visited these guys for the first time since they moved to their new location, and still loved it!!

Prices are a tiny bit more compared to their last location, but still totally worth it! We had their very fancy guacamole, tuna tartar and shared a couple of their main dishes.

Authentic mexican with a dazzling amount of flavours in every bite. Super fresh, tastes awesome.

I also can't rave enough about the service, these guys truly look after you and they will take time to explain the menu and different dishes even though they are busy! :)

Thanks so much, I'll be back!!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Authentic in all ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A really nice surprise. Everything felt authentic, from the knife and fork to the paintings on the wall and music. Of course the food were authentic too. When we got the taco the waiter told us that they didn't have the hard taco shells in Mexico. That was something made up in the US. No kids menu here and the menu were not to long but we kind of liked it. All our kids found something to eat and they even dared to try something new. The atmosphere and service were great. A little bit pricey though. I would absolutely go back.

“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Not sure what the folks who gave a great review are smoking but this place is horribly overrated. Save yourself the grief and cash...eat somewhere else.

2 Thank Jason G
Pepe B, Owner at The Mexican Corner Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jason,

At The Mexican Corner we take customer satisfaction very seriously… We wish we would have received your comments at the restaurant to have the opportunity to provide you with the dining experience that you were looking for. Unfortunately the information provided is not very specific and it is hard for us to address the issues that created your unsatisfactory experience.

I would like to have the pleasure to invite you back to the restaurant. Please reach me at pepe@themexicancorner.ca to organize a new dining experience.

Best Regards,
Pepe Barajas
New Westminster, Canada
“Bri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had heard about this restaurant from a friend and decided that's what we would try for our anniversary dinner, and are we sure glad we did! Not only was the food & drink excellent, we had the cutest, most delightful server - Alfonso. I promised him I would write this review and although it took a while, he deserves it! He was very pleasant! The manager, Teresa was also great! The margarita's - amazing. I had a cilantro one that was so different then anything I had ever had before & my boyfriend had the habanero one. My meal was DELICIOUS, and massive! I had leftovers the next day. I really wish I could have tried everything, because I'm thinking it's all great! Definitely recommend this place, and they are right when they say they are FUN dining. Cute place, great drink, awesome food, and quality service! Great job!!

• Visited July 2014
Whistler, Canada
“Fantastic. Best Fish Tacos & Margueritas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner here recently with friends. The cilantro Margueritas are "amazing". We had fish tacos and a pork dish and the food was prepared with imagination and flare and tasted sublime. One of out new favourites on Whistler.