“Got to try it!”

Whistler Mountain Bike Park
Ranked #2 of 99 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Mountain Bike Park has something for every level of rider. Gentle, banked cruisers through the Coastal forest. Tight and twisty single track - perfect for intermediate riders. For the armour clad, full face wearing, 50lb. bike group there are steep rock faces, gnarly, root strewn lines, drop offs of all descriptions and more.
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Got to try it!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you are visiting whistler, try the Bike Park 101 intro to Downhill biking lesson package. There are some easy Green runs to get you started and see if this sport is for you... Guarantee you'll be hooked!

Visited September 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for it!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Took a lesson with the incredibly attentive, encouraging, and helpful instructors. My two sons and I all learned proper techniques, and, after the "jump qualification area" which even I could master, felt confident enough to take on even some black diamond runs. There is infinite variety in the trails for every confidence level, and no long lift lines even with the Crankworx competition on. Highly recommend it!

Visited August 2013
Coquitlam, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Stupendous!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

What could be better then being shuttled up the hill and then have tons of long runs to choose from on the way down. Nothing bad to say!

Visited September 2013
Lima, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“VERY DANGEROUS, especially for beginners - HOSPITAL VISIT!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I went with my family, we were 8. We are all comfortable riding bikes, and decided to try beginners course mountain biking. I, 26 year old, very athletic, was trying to get used to the sensitive breaks, as we started going down the mountain. there was very little "training," and as we started down the mountain, my nerves kicked in. As I turned right around the mountain, I wanted to slow down and pushed the breaks just a little two hard, causing the bike to stop and my body to keep going. I took the handle bar to my stomach and fell very hard. This company did NOT provide stomach pads for beginners. No joke, I thought I was dying, and it took what seemed like a long time to be rescued from the mountain to the local hospital. I was later transported by ambulance to Vancouver with a ruptured pancreas, operated on, and sent home after two weeks in the hospital. The worst was that as I was sent to the local hospital, the tour guide for my family was ZERO help in guiding them to the hospital. He peaced out, and never asked about me, or try to learn what happened to avoid in the future. In the Whistler hospital, the local doctors said that mountain biker tourists keep them in business! Be cautious!!

Visited August 2013
9 Thank kelbel8913
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“You might be intimidated, until you realized you waiting to long to go”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Open now for over 10 years the Whistler Mountain Bike Park as grown and evolved to accommodate riders of all levels.

It has trails for users of all levels, and trails that will challenge even the most experienced rider.

If you do go, remember, no rush, you have all day and can easily ride all day but you'll probably only last 10 runs!

Its best to have a downhill bike, or at least big tires. These trails will work your bike, and you.

Best time to visit is June/July and Sept/Oct when it is less busy, the trails are a bit wet and tacky and it cooler. Aug is very busy with Crankworx and the trails are usually very dry and dusty. If its been raining the trail will be more difficult.

Visited June 2013