“Great little bistro”

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chef RD Stewart's French Cuisine training paired with West Coast flavors and the freshest sustainable local ingredients makes our menu unique, delicious and affordable!
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Great little bistro”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We were staying at nita lake lodge and had intended in eat in the bar after a long and very exciting day but disaster (for them and us) kitchen had to be closed and we were forced to make alternative plans. Our server recommended the Red Door Bistro which is literally next door.

What a treat! Lovely little informal bistro, great servers who were very knowledgable about all the food and the wine. I had the cheese and mushrooms on toast and hubby had the duck spring rolls - both delicious! I then had the wild sockeye salmon with lovely veg and hubby had the pork two ways which he couldn't finish, not due to the quality but due to to the size of portion. Wanted a dessert but were too full but what a great meal and what a great place! This won't stay a secret for long!

Also, a very nice wine list, we had the rose, which I thought maybe too sweet hut was just right - a great BC wine.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank JaynePiper

Vancouver, Canada
“A new Whistler favourite! ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My gf and I decided to give it a try based on tripadvisor reviews and we were definitely not disappointed! The food was superb and the service was attentive. We ordered the duck spring rolls and truffle fries as appetizers and both were tasty. I had the cod entree which was light yet wonderfully delicious! My gf had the seafood bouillabaisse and she absolutely loved it. Definitely a must try if you are up in Whistler. Would definitely go back to try the other items on the menu.

2 Thank Eat_Sleep_Adventure
Romsey
“Fast food for foodies”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food was good but normally aperitifs, a two course evening meal and bottle of wine should take more than an hour from arrival to bill.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank DCL0
San Francisco, California
“Hidden gem a few minutes from the village”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate at Red Door on a Tuesday evening, but it was still bustling with a steady stream of people...definitely glad we made reservations.

The service was friendly and engaging, and they made sure we were well taken care of during our meal. We ordered the bouillabaisse, which totally stole the show, and the veal. If you order nothing else, you have to try the bouillabaisse...it was awesome.

The veal came out overcooked, and I really appreciated how well our waiter handled it. Without us even having to ask, he brought a perfectly cooked replacement and apologized for the delay. Truly professional service, which can be somewhat hard to come by in Whistler.

We'll definitely be back, this place was a really great find!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank T C
Fairfield, California
“Hidden Gem and a Must Try”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our best meal during our Whistler stay, so good that we booked another reservation while were there and returned the next evening. My only regret is that we didn't discover it earlier in our stay so we could have had a 3rd evening there. Service is the best, friendly, professional and knowledgeable they really work as a team. Right now their only open for dinner.

First evening I had the duck (perfectly prepared) with great sides, my husband had their wonderful bouillabaisse, both meals were pared with BC wine that hit the mark Our second evening, we started with the crab cake appetizer, then I had the pork chop and my husband had their steak barvette (?) and we finished with desert (warm apple/blueberry cobbler and the cream brulee) and again everything was a hit.

Their Creekside location is new and the space is cozy so a reservation is a must. I like the Whistler restaurants, but I highly recommend starting with the Red Door Bistro so you'll have time to book a return visit before you leave. You're gonna have a memorable meal and wine, at a reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2014