“out of season”

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“out of season”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

wanted to go dog sledding in august 2010 was told it was out of season so I went ziplining and river rafting with them. the trips were fun and I enjoyed my adventures and wanted to go back and do a longer river rafting trip with them but now I learn the dogsledding wasn't out of season but they had killed their dogs since the tours apparently declined in a horrible way. I am disappointed that this company got my money but the trips were fun though I wont go back to them ever again!!

Visited August 2010
21 Thank Shayshayshay2011

Edmonds, WA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Beginner snowmobile tour”
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Our family did the 2-hour beginner snowmobile tour. First time anyone in the group has ever driven a snowmobile, and it's not that easy. The group comprised of a guide on her snowmobile and 4 other snowmobiles. We had fun driving around the trail. We stopped at a viewpoint for pictures, and the kids loved playing in the deep, clean, fresh snow. I thought that overall, they run a professional operation. They were also the cheapest.

2 Thank renetn
Cochecton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great dogsled advernture”
Reviewed 23 December 2009

My wife and I did the Dogsled Adventure and it was a blast! The staff at the actual dogsled area were very friendly and helpful. We recommend this to all! The only ting we dont recommend is that you don't buy the pictures or CD of pictures they offer at the end of the trip. We paid $25 plus for a picture CD of the trip and when we got home, we had someone elses pictures. After numerous calls and asurances that our pictures were in the mail, three weeks later we still havent received our pictures. So just bring yoru own camera, and that will save a lot of heart ache.

2 Thank 4squirrel
Toronto, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We did the ATV lakeside dinner tour with Outdoor Adventures and had an absolutely incredible experience. We lucked out and being the only ones on the tour. Our guide, Jake, was fantastic. As soon as we felt comfortable on the ATV's (our first time ever on them) he let us do some more intermediate/advanced trails. We wanted to see Cougar mountain, which is not as developed and touristy as Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and the experience was incredible. Knowledgeable and friendly service. We ate dinner at the Nicklaus golf course, where again, the staff were fabulous and the food was to die for. I would highly recommend this tour operator.

1 Thank Ontariogirl
Orange County, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Via Ferrata Mountain Climbing was a great experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

If you are in good shape and like to challenge yourself, then try the Via Ferrata Mountain climbing on the peak of Whistler Mountain. We booked this through Canadian Outback Adventures, but I think you can book it through several sites. The cost was about $130 (Canadian) for adults and $110 for kids 18 and under. While everyone else takes the ski lift to get to the top, you get to climb on the glacier using ice axes and cramp -ons and then climb the rock walls using the iron hand holds (and some free climbing on some sheer rock faces) to get up to the top. The orientation and putting on the gear takes about 30 minutes, the climb takes about 2+ hours with another 30 minutes to take the lift down and the trail back to the school shed. The views along the way are spectacular and the guide will take pictures of you (with your camera) as you climb. When you look at them you will be amazed at what you acomplished. We took the 12:30pm trip in July with Ryan as our guide. He did a great job of explaining how to use the safety clips and cables and was very knowledgable about everything in the area (ask for him as your guide - you will not be disappointed).

4 Thank ma2boys