“Excellent base for a Whistler holiday”
Review of Nita Lake Lodge

Nita Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a very good hotel and a great base for a Whistler holiday. We much preferred staying in Creekside to the Village - its less like Disneyland, lift queues are shorter and there are some great restaurants like Rim Rock Cafe and Creekbread.

Nite Lake Lodge has a lot going for it. We were very impressed with our enormous room, which had a great view of the frozen lake and a roaring fire. Service was in almost every case warm and genuine, and we'd particularly call out the shuttle drivers for their service - nothing was too much trouble for them, and they also gave us some great dining tips.

Contrary to some of the comments here, we felt it was the perfect base for skiing. Although you could in theory take the shuttle (and some lazy people do!), the five minute walk to the lift is no trouble at all and a nice start to the day, and the Lodge has conveniently located ski lockers close to the lift base so you dont need to carry your gear back and forth every day.

Some minor attention to detail would give the hotel a five out of five. At this price point you would expect guests would be able to use the steamroom in the spa (it's reserved for those having treatments), and we also found both rooftop whirlpools out of action one day - the attempts by the staff up there to help us were chaotic. In the room, it's weird not to have a safe, there is a lack of plugs and a full-length mirror wouldn't go amiss. All very much first world problems though and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Well worth paying a little extra for a lake view room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here in February 2014. One of the many ski lifts is just a quick walk away, or take the free shuttle to anywhere in the area. Polite and responsive staff, very nice large room with delightful spa bathroom. Really beautiful view of the lake....it's worth it to upgrade to the lake side. They even sent up special truffle chocolates for a birthday. Outstanding attention to detail. Situated within walking distance of several good restaurants.

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay for the upgraded room on lake side. Gorgeous view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your so much for your review. I am so glad that you had such an excellent stay and that our team here was able to provide you with a memorable birthday!
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the lodge and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is our 3rd time staying here and this time it was just about a weekend away from the city focused on us. As always every single person we encounter at the hotel is friendly, funny and accommodating. Our requests have all been met with speed and efficiency. Rooms are exceptional and the view over the lake is perfect when the snow sparkles off the mountains. Spent 2 quiet days and left feeling refreshed and happy. Small pub right next store is always good for a few laughs, great food and some lively conversations
They play all the games too

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family (wife, 9 month old, and myself) recently returned from 3 nights at the Nita Lake Lodge.
We were there for work and for a holiday. We booked through Expedia's Unpublished Rate program - and got a great rate. When you use that service they don't tell you the name of the hotel until after you booked - but it was fairly easy to know it was Nita Lake Lodge, as the description told me I was booking a 5 star hotel in Creekside area that was "boutique" and "pet friendly". When I searched all the hotels in that area that fit the description...Nita Lake Lodge was the only one! So we ended up getting a studio suite for around $165 a night after tax. It wasn't facing the lake... but heck... for a hotel that is usually $350 a night or so... this was fantastic!

Trip advisor also had a 50% off deal for parking... so that was nice too. Just tell them you saw their offer on trip advisor and parking in their secure underground parking lot is $10 a night. Not that it is a massive issue for most people... but its also nice as their parkade is like 8.5 or 9 feet high and has wide corners - so for those of us driving trucks - this is a big plus!

The studio suite was beautiful, big, and very comfortable. Great big bathroom with gorgeous shower and large soaking tub. We put our daughters pack n' play crib in the bathroom and it worked great. A one bedroom would have been nice, but the bathroom had more than enough room.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the village area that goes every half hour until around 10:30 at night. The location "creekside" is about a 5-10 minute drive from the village which may be a downside for people wanting to be within walking distance of everything - but it was just fine for us.

Around the hotel are a series of beautiful walking trails that go around lakes, trees, gorgeous homes, and will actually take you right to the village (its a good walk though).

Fix cafe attached to the hotel is an awesome spot for breakfast, lunch or anything snack, coffee, pastries, and sandwich that you may want. We really liked this cafe. There are also several restaurants in the hotel. Just up the road is a grocery store, boston pizza, and a couple great pubs - all a quick couple minutes walk away.

The only downsides - and this isn't specific to this hotel - but their check-in time is 4:00pm... and we were literally not able to get our room until 4:00 or a couple minutes after. This always bugs me because when travelling, we leave early in the morning and like to get going on our vacation. Check out is 11:00... so that to me is a pretty big gap of time, and I'd love to see hotels up their efficiency so standard check-in time could be much earlier in the day. The other item was our room only had one size / style of pillow. Wow... do I ever feel like I'm being picky now! I imagine had I checked with the front desk they would have had other options for us... but I didn't... and as a result I didn't sleep great on their pillow. I always like the hotels that have a couple different options stored in the closet or on the bed. But frankly - these are my only complaints / suggestions for improvement.

In conclusion - we loved the hotel. It was baby friendly / business friendly, spacious, clean, and somewhere we'd go back to.

Oh - in the room we had a microwave, mini fridge, french press, cutlery , playes, cups, etc... so you are pretty well stocked.

I doubt you'll find rates like we got through that unpublished service - but I'd still be willing to pay quite a bit more to stay here - it was a great spot - and I imagine the one bedroom suites looking onto the lake would be even more amazing.

Cheers

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed review your stay at the lodge. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the lodge and were able to explore the beautiful surrounding area.
We hope that we can welcome you back to the lodge again soon!
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Everyone including front desk, bell boys, waiting staff, bar staff, cleaners, shuttle bus operators etc were super courteous yet friendly.
Beautifully appointed and scenic. Food absolutely scrumptious at the Aura restaurant & the bar had lovely buzz (almost jazz/blues bar feel) The shuttle bus leaves once every half an hour and drops you / picks you up from the ski fields so you never feel far away from all the hype of the village, yet are nestled in the tranquil of the lake area. There is a funky retro diner at the nearest cross road and an awesome restaurant bistro called red door right next to the lodge, be sure to check them both out. The rooms are lovely as well , nice size , great amenities , fireplace and large flat screen tele, with a lovely look out into the lake. My only reservation is the bed. Although it's large and inviting, for some reason both my wife and myself ended up with sore backs after the third night and just could not get comfortable. This is the only reason why I did not rate it 5 stars, as everything else was excellent (wish there was some way to knock half a star, as a whole star almost seems harsh). Maybe we just were unlucky to get the only bad bed there? All in all a wonderful place and memorable stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I'm another guest from the wedding at Nita Lake Lodge (see Kevin A review) I couldn't agree more with Kevin A. Our experience from check in to check out was what you always hope for in a luxury hotel. Our family of four adults traveled together. We had a beautiful suite two bedroom suite. We made great use of the mini kitchen. The pluses for us were the staff. One staff member read a haiku while we made a video, allowing us to win a scavenger hunt. The shuttle driver was due to be off shift at 11:00 pm, and as our group had a wedding eve event in Whistler, he continued to shuttle guests until well after midnight. Issues were taken care of immediately. AND I have to applaud the hotel for finding and mailing a misplaced dress to me, we received it in 3 days.

The wedding was amazing, we are still talking about the food, and how one of the guests at our table had a special diet that looked as amazing as ours.

I enjoyed the hotel so much, I am contemplating taking an Aussie friend there in June for a night.

Room Tip: Just a note: The patio doors open oddly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EdmontonTraveller2

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you had such a great time at the lodge for Jenna and Kevin's wedding. We are delighted to hear that our team was so accommodating and that they were able to make your stay memorable.
We hope to see you at the lodge again soon!
Nancy Steward - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am the groom from the wedding mentioned in the 'poor' review below and can say with certainty that Nita Lake Lodge provided a wonderful experience for myself, my bride, wedding party, and the vast majority of guests that attended our wedding. The lodge itself is beautiful and very well-kept, the rooms are gorgeous, and the food is excellent! Our wedding meal was the one of the best meals I have ever tasted. The beef was perfectly cooked medium-rare, according to both my taste and the taste of everyone else who I talked to about it, and was certainly not cold as mentioned in the review below. The salads, fish, and desserts were also delightful, and I only wish I had more chance to sample them since I was caught up in the rush of the wedding day. The lodge staff were friendly and courteous, and were certainly willing to accomodate any reasonable requests that were made by guests. There were some minor issues in communication between the event coordinator and the front desk staff, but these were always dealt with in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner. Every single one of the weddings 100+ guests who I have talked to after the wedding has confirmed that they had a great experience, except of course for the one disgruntled reviewer below. It pains me that the review below has marred an otherwise exceptional experience, especially since the staff did go out of their way to accomodate the reviewer's special check-in request, but simply not as far out of the way as the reviewer would have apparently liked since they were fully booked that weekend with multiple weddings. Overall, the lodge provided exceptional food and rooms, great hospitality and service, and my wife and I will surely visit again in the future. There were no unexpected or unpleasant costs or surprises. Thanks Nita Lake, for being a key part of the best day of my life!

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are exceptional.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and support. It was such an honor for Nita Lake Lodge to be a part of yours and Jenna's special day and we are so pleased that you and your guests had such a great time!
Wishing you a lifetime of happiness - hope to see you and Jenna at the lodge again soon!