“The complete experience.”

Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whistler Village Square
Description: The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt's seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. Walt's innovative and skillfully executed dishes-from savoury starters through delicious desserts-deliver intelligent compositions and unforgettable flavours. Centrally located in the main square of the village, Araxi boasts a contemporary dining room coloured in warm earth tones - and a sleek Oyster Bar that exudes the passion and craftsmanship that lie at the heart of the restaurant. The lively lounge, which features a year-round indoor/outdoor bar, is Whistler's favourite gathering place for both locals and visitors alike.
New Zealand
“The complete experience.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Dined here last night- such beautifully prepared food and so delicious. The salmon starter was melt in your mouth and the scallop main divine. Coupled with exemplary service this restaurant is a must visit in Whistler.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent the day in Whistler and had lunch here, outside.
Our waitress was lovely and because it was cold brought out a shawl and put the heater on for us.
We had delicious duck buns, so tasty, but the portion was small and the waitress agreed with us. The boys had large salads with lobster and tuna, that they said were delicious. Also, parmesan fries which were very moreish The highlight was my desert, thin shortbread biscuits layered with plump, juicy raspberries, a vanilla cream and raspberry coulis, yummy!
Coffe was good too.
The interior of the restaurant was very smart and it must be great for dinner in the evening.
All the food was piping hot and service swift and prompt and with a smile.

• Visited July 2014
Scotland
“Thank you Araxi”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Thank you Araxi for the delicious meal and excellent service from Jonathan, Victoria, Tova and Neil. Once again, my sister and I were in awe of your fabulous dishes and kind hospitality. I can't thank you enough for your generosity, and we look forward to our next visit. Kind regards, Emma and Lucy x

Seattle, WA
“Nice atmosphere, very good food.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Araxi seems to be the go-to place in Whistler, so naturally we had to try it.

Our first experience was for a late lunch on the patio. This was after 3pm, so they were only serving a limited bar menu. No matter, we made a great meal of fresh oysters, jumbo shrimp scampi, truffle fries, and a cheese plate. Everything came out super fast and tasted great. I know "truffle" oil is a bit controversial in the foodie world but I love truffle fries, and these were among the best I've had.

Dinner the following evening was in the restaurant proper, and having an early reservation (6:30) on a weekday made for a nice, semi-quiet experience. Our server was very helpful with answering questions and knew the menu well.

The Nova Scotia lobster cocktail was good. Nothing out of the ordinary, just simply chilled lobster and cocktail sauce. I probably would skip it next time just because everything in Whistler is pricier, and I can get lobster on the cheap at home any time. My husband had the octopus & prawn chirashi and thought it was decent.

For dinner I had the white prawn risotto. It was very well done, super rich, and plentiful. My husband had the roasted loin of venison, which we both thought was excellent. It was super tender and did not have any gaminess to it.

For dessert I ordered the daily special which was a cherry tart. It was gorgeous! Deep, dark cherries on a crisp, but chewy pastry shell with delicately sweet custard filling. My husband had the First of the Season Rhubarb, which was also good, but the poached rhubarb was a bit too difficult to eat. It was served celery-stick size. You only a had a spoon to kind of chop it up, which led to a bit of chasing it around the dish to get a bite off.

Overall, definitely a nice place to eat. I would rate it average for the upper-scale (I hate using that term) tier of restaurant it is.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Remgirl1
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Go for the set menu.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had the most amazing meal here, it seems the locals eat here and it does get busy so book. The food is fresh, good portions a really well presented.

Visited June 2014