“Terrible business practices!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was part of a group of 12 people that were in town during a major MTB competition. Whistler was extremely crowded, and we knew it would be difficult to get into local restaurants with such a large group. I made an online reservation at Bavaria three weeks before we were scheduled to be there for our group. I received an immediate confirmation, and then another follow up confirmation just days before we were to arrive. On the evening of our dinner reservation, we walked roughly a mile from our hotel to the restaurant only to find a sign on the door which read "We are unexpectedly closed". No explanation. No phone call or apology even the day of. So there we were, a party of 12 at 6:30pm on a Saturday during one of the busiest tourist weekends of the summer. We ended up having to eat at a fast food place as no other restaurant could accommodate us last minute To make matters even worse, I received an automated email a few days later asking how my experience at Bavaria was...clearly they weren't canceling any reservations, just ignoring them. I would advise anyone to avoid this place, unless they want their plans ruined without so much as a notification or apology.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

It was the first night for a brand new cook. Our waiter (Mark) had to send back each of our three courses to be redone. Mark - was excellent. He even offered to put more money in the metered parking, since it took two hours for three very simple dishes. One dish was a salad.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is the second time we have come to the Bavaria restaurant. My 2 teens thoughts it was a neat experience last time so I decided to treat them when we were just up there last week. It is not the same doing this in the summer - somehow the winter snow provides the right atmosphere for the fondue...summer, well not so much! I also think this is overpriced! Maybe they could look to update the place as well??

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Off for a weekend hiking trip to Whistler. The weather and hiking were beyond compare and hoped to have a good meal to cap off the weekend.

Well... the fondue was pretty good, nothing special. The charcuterie plate that went with it was pretty disappointing; Oscar Meyer lunchmeat ham, some diced up Slim-Jim pepperoni sticks, a few slices of a nice salami and some pickles and onions. I'd have expected a tad more for $39 per person.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had french onion soup, which was good. The soup had many layers of flavors and the cheesey crouton was yummy too. We shared the cheese fondue and it was more than enough for two. The staff bent over backwards to try and bring you more bread, or anything else you wanted. The next table had the three course fondue and it seemed like one would not walk away hungry. Food and service were really good!