“Spectacular!”

Il Caminetto
Ranked #36 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2017. We are currently closed for renovations as we prepare to join our new family of restaurants under the Toptable Group. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Langley City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Il Caminetto is without exception, our favorite 'romantic' restaurant. The service is spectacular. The wine list will overwhelm you - so don't be shy about asking for recommendations. The pasta is fresh - we often order 1/2 servings so we can try 2 or 3 different dishes.

Il Caminetto is a 10 for us!

Visited August 2013

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont leave this place off your list of "must do" restaurants”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have been visiting Whistler now for 14 years and have always had a great meal at this place.
The range of wines are unbelievable and the food never disappoints.

• Visited January 2013
League City, TX
“one of the best meals I have ever eaten”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

my husband and I were tired after a long day of travelling so we wanted a nice dinner in a romantic settting and my husband loves Italian. I had the halibut with cannelloni beans and garlic butter sauce - it was devine

Visited August 2013
sechelt
“over priced & overated”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

my party of 4 trying to celebrate my 65 th birthday decided to have a nice meal at this establishment & as several friends have eaten there before over several years recommended to go here & I had eaten there probably 30 years ago decided OK .what a bad decision it turned out to be. The restaurant wasn't very busy ( July 31 st) but we were not treated as expected ( not that it was a big deal) but for a "fancy" restaurant" not impressive.now the food.... Apps Steamed Mussels were good but not all eatable ???then I ordered a basic Linguini Clam souce (how simple) the clams I think had swam upriver before the chef could cook them & the pasta was not cooked enough ,not wanting to make a scene I was quite prepared to eat the meal but my wife (who has eaten there several times in her younger years) discussed the problem with the waiter & a second meal was presented which was not much better than the first.now no explanation or apology was presented or an offer of a dessert or retribution of the mistake was offered, which I think in a supposed high class expensive establishment which was presented(as per advertising) was disappointing. I am not a chef but I know my own home made Pasta meals would put to shame what was offered to me on that evening.oh by the way my Wife,s & friends meals were acceptable & the wine was fine.I don't think that We will have a return visit as there are better restaurants in the area for the money (& service) shame as a great setting in a beautiful area of B.C. T&T Sechelt B.C.

• Visited July 2013
Vernon, Canada
“Incredible!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We had a large group here for dinner. The service was great and the food was out of this world good!
I had the ossobuco for the main and it was perfect. The lemon tart was my choice for desert and again my taste buds cheered!

• Visited August 2013