“rude and overpriced”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2017. We are currently closed for renovations as we prepare to join our new family of restaurants under the Toptable Group. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
“rude and overpriced”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been here a few times and have enjoyed the food in the previous years. This year was a different story. I do not know if they hired a new chef or decided to change the way they cook but I was definitely NOT impressed. Let begin with our waiter. He was VERY rude. Did not take any time to take consideration into our ordering. Was rushing our order in which we told him several times we wanted to wait to order our mains. His response being "dishes take longer than you think, but ok".. anyways we get our food in which I was not impressed. The calamari salad use to be amazing until now. The calamari was rubbery and unsatisfying. I ordered minestrone soup which has NO flavour and was a complete waste of money. I am sorry but I come from an Italian family and this food was NOT worth the money. To top it off the waiter left our table without telling us and got another server to take over for the remainder of the meal. Just rude and unprofessional.

• Visited February 2014

Penticton, Canada
“Great cellar, service, and cuisine...”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Took two very discerning foodie friends from Toronto to dinner here with great results.
Surroundings were reminiscent of an older Italian era - sophisticated but welcoming. Service was knowledgeable and friendly with timely arrival of each dish and we were not rushed. The wine list is immense and varied. Our guests wanted the best of BC wines and we were able to select both white and red from the wide choice of both.
We all especially liked the sensible portion sizes of each course, which enabled us all to thoroughly enjoy an appetizer, a main, and a dessert each. The food was superb - beautifully cooked and presented. Absolutely no complaints. Diners cannot go wrong here. Value? Moderately expensive but definitely worth it.
Highly recommended if you want a special evening out with friends who love their food and wine.

• Visited April 2014
vancouver
“Lovely Atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We ate here for the first time during spring break. Previously, we had dined at Umbertos in Vancouver over the years and liked it very much. We were surprised to find that we liked this restaurant of Umbertos in Whistler even more, which we did not think possible! What we liked was the soothing surroundings...the color of the walls, the many pieces of art on the walls, the way the tables were spaced so that you did not feel crowded. This ambience is just as important as the food for us. The food was delicious, although I have had better gnocchi in da Marios in Burnaby.. The recommended Italian wine was very good. The service was excellent. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Pretty Good Italian in the Village”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I recently went to Il Caminetto. The place is pretty nicely decorated and very warm and inviting. The food we thought was pretty good, but not the best in Whistler. I had the penne with sausage and my wife had the pasta with rose sauce and pancetta. We each had salads that were very good. The lemon tart desert we had was excellent. The service was good as well. I would say this is in the top 3 for Italian in the village, so I would recommend it, but its not at the top of my list.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dermop
København, Danmark
“Signiture Italian”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice atmosphere and really good food. Service in top and really cozy bar with live Piano. High recommendation from me.

Visited March 2014