“Pretty good food.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Sushi was good. Nabeyaki Udon not bad. Chicken teriyaki just okay. Not dying to go back but acceptable if you are having a craving for Japanese food when you're in Whistler. Maybe better to stick with the sushi.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in Whistler Village for a week and ate out every night as I don't cook or go to the grocery store while on vacation. I have to say that Sushi Village was my favorite place. The table was a traditional Japanese style seating with out shoes. They put us in the back corner which was perfect for my 3 little loud boys. The service was okay but the food made up for that. It was delicious. Fresh fish. Lots of rolls. Quick. And the biggest shocker...the prices were very good. Lots of reviews complain about "Whistler prices." Well, if you don't want Whistler prices then you should go eat in Squamish. I don't know what people expect when you go out to eat at a nice upscale resort. However, Village Sushi was the best price for the amount of food and drink we consumed.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Go to Fuji Market - better food and cheaper. The staff there are JAPANESE people, which means you'll get real Japanese food and real Japanese service. Can't say that for the other place.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My mom, sister and I came recently for lunch, only to find that they only open for dinner unless it is the weekend. I was disappointed and seeing the prices of their food online, I was not too keen on coming. My sister convinced me because she had raved about how good their udon was.

We came back for dinner the next night and the place was packed! There were lots of servers and they were all polite. We ordered the plain udon, futomaki roll, beef udon, gomae and chicken yakitori. The udons both had good flavour, but the beef was very chewy and nearly impossible to break up by chewing. The futomaki roll was fresh and the rice was well seasoned. The gomae was crisp and not soggy and the yakitori was very juicy. Oh, but the futomaki roll did take quite a while to arrive...

Glad I came, was one of the better meals I had in Whistler.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I come here every time I go to Whistler. Great casual place with yummy food! The service is fast and it's fun to sit at the bar and watch the sushi guys at work.